Author Topic: Tropical Paradise  (Read 372465 times)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Tropical Paradise
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2014, 02:45:40 am »
Unban Request
Steam Name: anonymous495
Name of which you were banned: Galloway
Date when you were banned: 10/15/14
Action leading to ban: I was a sapper on my favorite map, the one with the sandy buildings in the middle of an island, some of which have planks on them so you can climb around. I was enjoying a bit of peaceful building, making bridges to connect all the rooftops together. Throughout all this, I was shot at by a group of players. Clearly, that isn't a problem, but one of them was an admin. Well, when I finally completed my bridge to connect my rooftop to their rooftop, the admin slayed me. Yes, with admin powers. He then typed "hahahaha!" in chat. Well, I got angry at the abuse, and called him out for it. I typed, "asshole" in chat, followed by "badmin" and "abuse". I then typed in "will report". The admin responded by saying "Don't spam planks" and banned me. I was very clearly not spamming, I was careful to destroy any planks that were not actively being used as bridges. I was banned before I could take any screenshots, and I couldn't even take down the name of the admin that banned me.
Why should you be unbanned: I was banned for "spamming planks" which I clearly was not doing, and the admin was abusing his powers to an absurd degree.
PlayerID: I don't know
Where do I begin with this one..... I had a feeling you would do this.
1. I did not shoot you, I came on and saw 1000 sapper bridges floating in the sky so I slayed you as this is an obvious rule. I then said "Ah ah ah" in a scolding manner. This was in no way abuse and you continued to swear at me at which point I said "What was that you said" This should have been your que to stop talking and take the slay that you had earned. Instead you continued to swear at me and give lashback so I gave you a temporary ban. Sapper bridges and such are against the rules and if you have played sapper before you should know this. You will be unbanned in an hour. Your failure to calm down is what led to your temp ban. I'm even more appalled by the fact you stretched the truth to try and have my powers revoked. I have admin on sevral NW servers and not one have I abused my powers on. Take this as a warning, Goodnight.

Offline Galloway

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2014, 03:04:00 am »
Unban Request
Steam Name: anonymous495
Name of which you were banned: Galloway
Date when you were banned: 10/15/14
Action leading to ban: I was a sapper on my favorite map, the one with the sandy buildings in the middle of an island, some of which have planks on them so you can climb around. I was enjoying a bit of peaceful building, making bridges to connect all the rooftops together. Throughout all this, I was shot at by a group of players. Clearly, that isn't a problem, but one of them was an admin. Well, when I finally completed my bridge to connect my rooftop to their rooftop, the admin slayed me. Yes, with admin powers. He then typed "hahahaha!" in chat. Well, I got angry at the abuse, and called him out for it. I typed, "asshole" in chat, followed by "badmin" and "abuse". I then typed in "will report". The admin responded by saying "Don't spam planks" and banned me. I was very clearly not spamming, I was careful to destroy any planks that were not actively being used as bridges. I was banned before I could take any screenshots, and I couldn't even take down the name of the admin that banned me.
Why should you be unbanned: I was banned for "spamming planks" which I clearly was not doing, and the admin was abusing his powers to an absurd degree.
PlayerID: I don't know
Where do I begin with this one..... I had a feeling you would do this.
1. I did not shoot you, I came on and saw 1000 sapper bridges floating in the sky so I slayed you as this is an obvious rule. I then said "Ah ah ah" in a scolding manner. This was in no way abuse and you continued to swear at me at which point I said "What was that you said" This should have been your que to stop talking and take the slay that you had earned. Instead you continued to swear at me and give lashback so I gave you a temporary ban. Sapper bridges and such are against the rules and if you have played sapper before you should know this. You will be unbanned in an hour. Your failure to calm down is what led to your temp ban. I'm even more appalled by the fact you stretched the truth to try and have my powers revoked. I have admin on sevral NW servers and not one have I abused my powers on. Take this as a warning, Goodnight.

1. That's how bridges are built. You build a bunch of large chevau-de-che(?)'s, put a plank over them, and then destroy them. I had been doing this for the entire time I was on the server, and I have done this dozens of times on the server before. It was only when I reached the rooftop with the other players on it that I was slayed.

2. If you said "ah ah ah" and not "ha ha ha" I apologize for making that mistake.

3. I apologize for my remarks if you really thought you were administering justice. But I swore at you once, and you didn't ban me afterwards. People had been swearing at each other all night on this server, and nobody got a reprimand. It was only when I declared my intent to report you that I was banned.

4. I've never heard of sapper bridges being forbidden. Could you give me a citation for that? I haven't read it in the forums or the in-game rules.

5. I was not trying to get your powers revoked, I just wanted to be able to play on my favorite server again. I didn't even mention your name, dude.

And to anyone else reading this, I think you can draw your own conclusions. Take into account, however, that somehow he knew that I would come to the forums to report this incident. Had he not abused his powers, he would have no reason to think that, and even less reason to leave the server to respond to my request to be unbanned.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2014, 03:08:52 am »
Thank you for your response, you will be automatically unbanned, I fully understand your misconceptions and its completely fine. When you join the server there will be a menu that pops up, this shows the rules. Alternatively you may hit ESC then hit the "Read Server Rules" Tab.

Offline adik2111

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2014, 12:47:39 am »
Steam Name: adik2111
Name of which you were banned: 8pp_rek_SunTzu
Date when you were banned: October 15
Action leading to ban: I put a few boxes of TNT.
Why should you be unbanned: I will never put TNT, Almost every day I played on the Server Rules respecting the rules,I would like to continue to be able to play the best servie in the world :D.
PlayerID:817258
Sorry for my English but writes with google translator.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:49:37 am by adik2111 »

Offline Ghost9447

• First Lieutenant
  • A Pickle
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2014, 02:46:58 pm »
Please don't do it again. You have been warned many times.

//Unbanned
I'm not going to spam anymore. I've tried to stop Ghost by fighting him with his own weapons - but I've failed. The Messhall is his again.

Offline Dimitri Boyka

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hand_Of_God_Priest_Dovahkiin
« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2014, 02:46:05 am »
Steam Name: Dimitri Boyka (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198113696247/)
In-game Name:I use Hand of God Priest Dovahkiin
Why you should be an administrator?:Well i am active member on NW and i've been playing this game for pretty long time i've been playing the server  daily for about 3-5 hours and on the weekends about 4-6 , i've seen lack of admins sometimes so i just want to help the server against the rule breakers and the time zone i am in is 0+GMT London time
Previous Experience(If Any):I would be honoured to have this server as my first.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:00:32 am by Dimitri Boyka »

Offline MacCraig

• Private
  • "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2014, 08:33:27 pm »
Admin Application

Steam Name: MacWellesley (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094440614/)
In-game Name: MacWellesley
Why you should be an administrator?: I realy love Tropical_Paradise! I've been playing on it for months. I have like 200 hours in it. I'm playing almost everyday, and I know what to do with trolls, spawn sinkers, tnt spammers, guys with racist names, etc. I really hope I get admin because when I'm playing (I live in Center-East Europe, in Romania) there is no admin online, and many,MANY, people thet deserve kick or ban for their actions are joining, and nobody can't do nothing.
Previous Experience(If Any): None, maybe this will be the first one! :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:35:09 pm by MacCraig »

Offline MacCraig

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 21, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »
By the way, I wanted to ask any admin, or idk, why some of the maps got removed when the server changed from 40 players to 64 players? I mean, they were good for 64 players too, big enough. Now, some maps are kinda stupid.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:07:39 pm by MacCraig »

Offline Lewis96

• Major
  • Not so ded
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Waiting for holdfast
« Reply #218 on: October 22, 2014, 11:42:49 am »
Blame Elling

Offline MacCraig

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:11 pm »
Blame Elling
Lol xD
So, what about my admin application? :D

Offline MacCraig

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2014, 09:06:05 am »
HEllO???
Anybody here who can respond to my admin application???

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2014, 12:13:13 pm »
lol ^ People around here should learn some patience and tact, imho.
<3

Offline Elling

• Major
  • 7w7
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2014, 03:37:50 pm »
Patience is key, young padawan

Offline MacCraig

• Private