Author Topic: European Infantry Cup - Season 5 - Rules  (Read 20874 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [EIC] European Infantry Cup - Season 2 - Announcement/Rule Discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 04:30:31 pm »
Obviously the 10 minute number is something that not everyone will agree on, but I think its a middle ground. Some people wanted 5, some people wanted 10 last season. Perhaps I will do a vote with a certain amount of individuals as to what the number should be. I say that 5 is too short, maybe 8 minutes like Herishey said might be abit nicer. 8 minutes is still a short amount of time when you compare it to how some rounds of NWL can go.

P.S thanks to Knightmare for the header.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 04:32:07 pm »
Obviously the 10 minute number is something that not everyone will agree on, but I think its a middle ground. Some people wanted 5, some people wanted 10 last season. Perhaps I will do a vote with a certain amount of individuals as to what the number should be. I say that 5 is too short, maybe 8 minutes like Herishey said might be abit nicer. 8 minutes is still a short amount of time when you compare it to how some rounds of NWL can go.
With 10 minutes a match could potentially take over 100 minutes if someone wanted to drag it out, if you include the melee probably about 120 or so if they wanted it to, I think 2 hours is a bit too much that a match could potentially be dragged out to.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 04:34:01 pm »
With 10 minutes a match could potentially take over 100 minutes if someone wanted to drag it out, if you include the melee probably about 120 or so if they wanted it to, I think 2 hours is a bit too much that a match could potentially be dragged out to.
I agree with you, however if someone was to sit behind a hill, then rinse and repeat for 10 whole rounds without actually firing a shot, then I do not see why anyone would willingly do that.

Its there not just to protect but to dismay regiment leaders from taking a route as extreme as that.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 04:36:43 pm »
Timer rule has been lowered to 6 minutes.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 04:36:51 pm »
Yeah it does make sense, but I remember in a previous tournament with a rule similar to this, can't remember if it was this one or not the rule started at 10 minutes and slowly it just went down and down until about 5-7, can't remember the exact number.

EDIT: STOP POSTING JUST BEFORE ME!!!!

I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 04:38:11 pm »
Yeah it does make sense, but I remember in a previous tournament with a rule similar to this, can't remember if it was this one or not the rule started at 10 minutes and slowly it just went down and down until about 5-7, can't remember the exact number.

Lmao

NANWL has a 5 minute rule but from personal experience it just feels a tad too quick, at the same time as wanting to keep it fair we dont want to take tooo much power away from reg leaders, its a 1v1 not a GF at the end of the day. Hence why we talk to the community first :)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 04:39:14 pm »

Lmao

NANWL has a 5 minute rule but from personal experience it just feels a tad too quick, at the same time as wanting to keep it fair we dont want to take tooo much power away from reg leaders, its a 1v1 not a GF at the end of the day. Hence why we talk to the community first :)
Yeah I do agree that 5 is a bit short, hence why I went for the old 6-8 minutes, makes it feel a bit less aids if I actually do attend.

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 04:52:58 pm »
10 mins can we make it 20 for the 72nd OH WAIT

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 04:54:52 pm »
You sir, are hilarious.

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 05:00:35 pm »
You sir, are hilarious.
Thanks honey x

Offline Atempt

• Sergeant Major
  • go away
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1y_Nevsk_Hassart_Plk
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 05:06:02 pm »
Timer rule has been lowered to 6 minutes.
too little now lmao. As i think, we all came to play 1v1's, not to look for exploits in rules and use it so 10 as a limit for idiots is ok. 6 mins too bad
Хочешь вступить в хороший русскоязычный полк с отличным коллективом? Добавь [1y_Nevsk] Hassart в стиме!

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 05:13:57 pm »
As Chriseh said you won't make everyone happy with either rule, but I think the majority of leaders will be happy with 6-7 minute rounds, as it's not like you have to melee instantly, just get closer to your opponents than sitting in your spawn or running around in circles.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 05:20:26 pm »
We are just responding to feedback. I personally want it to be 10 minutes but most people have stated they want it lower. I am still considering moving it to 8 minutes however.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 05:43:36 pm »
Go 7, live life on the edge.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 05:44:31 pm »
A man after my own heart.

Upped to 7 as thats smack bang in the middle of both sides.