16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 976138 times)

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
Re: Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #13 German Weapons.2)
« Reply #630 on: January 28, 2013, 08:05:32 pm »
Come on the pickelhaubes was used in WW1! But that is not the point. I am sure of that most of the people here want to be able to wear pickelhaubes because they are really awesome looking. If anyone know of any pickelhaube reskin for NW I would be very greatfull if you told me.
I don't recall where I said pickelhaubes weren't used in WWI. If people want a pickelhaube in the mod, they are free to reskin it. I'd even be up for making it myself. Also, use the edit button, it's there for a reason.  ;)

If you could not triple post, that would be excellent. Although, I do agree, many grenadiers did wear pickelhaubes.
On the Western Front, in late 1916 and beyond, the Pickelhaube was already restricted to being worn by high ranking officers away from the front lines.
ooooh. :D Crimean War hats :D
The first modder for NW.

Offline Fyzzaraya

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Lion
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sagamichi the Immortal
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #631 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:39 pm »
ooooh. :D Crimean War hats :D

MONGOLESE hats...they were used a lot in the war,HOW CAN YOU NOT PUT THEM???????(joking  ;))

Offline IWelly

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 28, 2013, 11:16:56 pm »
not that im getting restless but..... Cant wait for this mod.... get more people to work for it.. increase work rate! com'on people want the mod! :D

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #633 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:30 pm »
not that im getting restless but..... Cant wait for this mod.... get more people to work for it.. increase work rate! com'on people want the mod! :D

Don't you worry about that, we've got some very talented artists that joined us recently and you'll see some of their work soon. The "update before end of the month" promise is getting a little iffy now. My main computer suddenly broke down and is now getting fixed.  :-\ We'll see but don't get your hopes up for an update before the start of February.

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FAULTYscotsman
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #634 on: January 29, 2013, 12:22:59 am »

Don't you worry about that, we've got some very talented artists that joined us recently and you'll see some of their work soon. The "update before end of the month" promise is getting a little iffy now. My main computer suddenly broke down and is now getting fixed.  :-\ We'll see but don't get your hopes up for an update before the start of February.

Just wonderin why wont yous release a crappy alpha to keep everyone quiet and actually have something to play instead of making us wait for the mod to be a release that is probably ment to be almost perfect , but youve got to have some planned release date?

if you dont have a estimated release date for the mod then why release updates about it? and do what the jocobite mod team is doing and just not say anything at all because all you have done is got people excited and now annoyed at the point your not giving any approximations of a release date to look forward too.

and if you hold back until you release a finalised mod then what if there is something that community really did not like within the mod? then you would have to work on the mod after it was all supposed to be finished.

This is just all curiosity and showing that it is really annoying that your giving out updates but not a approximate release date.
a port will save a mans life, a rifle will only keep it safe

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 29, 2013, 06:19:30 am »
How silly of us to release updates. You're right, we'll just stop. Truly sorry about annoying you.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #636 on: January 29, 2013, 06:48:11 am »

Just wonderin why wont yous release a crappy alpha to keep everyone quiet and actually have something to play instead of making us wait for the mod to be a release that is probably ment to be almost perfect , but youve got to have some planned release date?

if you dont have a estimated release date for the mod then why release updates about it? and do what the jocobite mod team is doing and just not say anything at all because all you have done is got people excited and now annoyed at the point your not giving any approximations of a release date to look forward too.

and if you hold back until you release a finalised mod then what if there is something that community really did not like within the mod? then you would have to work on the mod after it was all supposed to be finished.

This is just all curiosity and showing that it is really annoying that your giving out updates but not a approximate release date.
Really? Look at any mod that has alot of supporters, and backing. L'aigle, The Veiled Stars, there is no SET release date for those, yet nobody complains. Sure, people ask, but not as rudely as you.
You don't want to see updates? That means no screenshots. No screenshots? Where's the drive to download the mod?

You're thinking selfishly, and not tactically, as Rigadoon has to do. I'm sure he and his team are working hard every day to present this mod to you all, but once it's ready. Not on any set release as of yet, but you don't seem to get that.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #637 on: January 29, 2013, 07:24:51 am »
I'm ready for 2014 if need be. WWI's just worth it if done right. L'Aigle was announced in like, 2010? These sort of mods take a lot of work, especially if you're going to have the modern warfare of devastating bolt-action rifles, machineguns, artillery, and poison gas to be implemented. Modern, for the time period. Also, I want this mod to look good. I'm sure you've looked at other mods and everything is just so poor and rushed.

TL;DR: Patience!
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 29, 2013, 08:19:01 am »
Hmm...yeah Windbusche, I suppose that's a better way of putting it than my five paragraph rage essay. I'll just post the shortened version.

Seriously, Crash, if you're "annoyed" by the standard practice for all MB:Warband mods than you probably should stop following mods. I find it hilarious that you say it's annoying that we post updates and phrase it like the IE team is trying to harass you by posting updates without giving you a definite release. All I have to say to that is; you're alone in that matter. I have never heard an IE follower, or a follower of ANY mod, say that. After each update, I receive pm's and steam messages, thanking the IE team members for the work. So I can stop posting updates to make you happy, but that would alienate everybody else who follows the mod. Yeahh...that's not happening. Either change your ridiculous mindset, or stop following the mod all mods.

Now, if you excuse me. I will be sending a stern message to the FSE team because of the way they release Developer Diaries but don't give a definite release date. The nerve of them! How dare they keep my informed on what they're doing. That's just sick, rude, and most of all, annoying. I'd much rather just be completely left in the dark.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:20:59 am by Rigadoon »

Offline Waterbeetle

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Volumed
« Reply #639 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:11 am »
Hmm...yeah Windbusche, I suppose that's a better way of putting it than my five paragraph rage essay. I'll just post the shortened version.

Seriously, Crash, if you're "annoyed" by the standard practice for all MB:Warband mods than you probably should stop following mods. I find it hilarious that you say it's annoying that we post updates and phrase it like the IE team is trying to harass you by posting updates without giving you a definite release. All I have to say to that is; you're alone in that matter. I have never heard an IE follower, or a follower of ANY mod, say that. After each update, I receive pm's and steam messages, thanking the IE team members for the work. So I can stop posting updates to make you happy, but that would alienate everybody else who follows the mod. Yeahh...that's not happening. Either change your ridiculous mindset, or stop following the mod all mods.

Now, if you excuse me. I will be sending a stern message to the FSE team because of the way they release Developer Diaries but don't give a definite release date. The nerve of them! How dare they keep my informed on what they're doing. That's just sick, rude, and most of all, annoying. I'd much rather just be completely left in the dark.

Take your time, and I love the little updates (or big ones :-X).

Offline Fritz

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI_Rsv_Fritz
« Reply #640 on: January 29, 2013, 10:34:22 am »
Patience is a virtue  ;) When the time comes, I'll win the war for the Kaiser.

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FAULTYscotsman
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #641 on: January 29, 2013, 11:52:27 am »

Did you see sentance at the bottem saying " just out of curisoity "?, and didnt the FSE team say the game may be out by 2014?, im not asking for a date, i asked for an estimate, as in mid 2013 or mid 2014 so simmer down. Dont get all worked up about it  ;)
a port will save a mans life, a rifle will only keep it safe

Offline Humlenerd

• First Lieutenant
  • Why are you reading this and not my post?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JeanBaptiste
« Reply #642 on: January 29, 2013, 12:12:11 pm »
Did you see sentance at the bottem saying " just out of curisoity "?, and didnt the FSE team say the game may be out by 2014?, im not asking for a date, i asked for an estimate, as in mid 2013 or mid 2014 so simmer down. Dont get all worked up about it  ;)
It will be released 28 July, 2014  ;)
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. - Thucydides

Offline Fritz

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI_Rsv_Fritz
« Reply #643 on: January 29, 2013, 12:24:31 pm »
It will be released 28 July, 2014  ;)

So that means we are done with the fighting by Christmas '14 right?

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #644 on: January 29, 2013, 02:23:44 pm »
If you are that excited about it why dont you come up with your own imaginary release date (make it at least 10 months+) and then when the mod comes out before then, you will be happy!