Author Topic: 4e Régiment de Voltigeurs du Connacht [EU]  (Read 9540 times)

Offline John F. Kennedy

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John Kennedy
  • Side: Neutral
4e Régiment de Voltigeurs du Connacht [EU]
« on: May 31, 2014, 06:41:33 pm »

The 4e Régiment de Voltigeurs du Connacht comes from the V Corps. After the dissolution of the first Irish Legion,V Corps was reformed without regiment of Voltigeurs. After several months, in December 2012, while the line infantry regiment of the Ve Corps evolved, several of its members, which initially were waiting Voltigeurs and the creation of a regiment formed part of the 3rd Company of the 3rd Regiment of Voltigeurs Line Infantry. For several months the regiment was formed by Sergeant Andack and Commander Josef and when the training was completed, Andack and Josef left us and left the command of the regiment to Captain Oudinot and his Sergeant John Kennedy. Unfortunately, at the same time the 3rd Infantry Regiment Line struggled nottamment due to the departure of Colonel BigRedOne and several of his officers and NCOs which caused its dissolution. The latter gave birth to two regiments: the 4e Régiment de Voltigeurs and the 9e Régiment de Grenadiers. months passed in the Ve Corps and Regiment Line Infantry was disbanded several times and the General Staff. In November 2013, the Ve Corps merged with the X Corps to create the second Irish Legion. Roleplay for a side and make a nod to the old Light Infantry of the first Irish Legion regiment, the regiment added "Connacht" (Connacht  is a Irish region).
In February 2014, the regiment merged with 6e Régiment de Légers Piémontais which allowed him to increase its size and create two companies, the 1st Company of Galway and the 2nd Company of Castlebar. It now has 25 members and alligne at least 12 Voltigeurs in LineBattle sometimes even up to 18 Voltigeurs. Trainings take place on Wednesday at 20:00 and Saturday at 18:00. The regiment participated in LineBattles regularly on Tuesday at 20:00, on Friday at 20:30 and Saturday at 20:00. 4e Connacht also exports to other games like World of Tanks, War Thunder Arma II and III and other ...

The Voltigeurs were introduced in 1804 by Napoleon himself.
The difference between skirmishers and the Voltigeurs lies in the fact that the first move in an irregular manner,being scattered, while others act and collected numerous body.
Qualified to be admitted to these troops are a well established reputation for courage,small size, the strength and agility.Their uniform is that of the French infantry,with distinction as a clean yellow collar. They carry the grenade, and enjoy the same high wages as grenadiers,although most of them are of the smallest size.
Each infantry regiment has a company of Voltigeurs, who always goes before the grenadiers. Instead of drums, they have two trumpets (cornets).The Voltigeurs are armed with a short gun (rifle) and a short sword; the pouch is attached to the waist by a belt; according to the regulations, bag must be very light.
In the presence of the enemy, Companies Voltigeurs of all regiments are combined, forming a separate body that leads the attack; they are generally used to climb mountains (if any) or to force the difficult passages; grenadiers follow short distance, but it is the privilege of the Voltigeurs to open the road to victory. They were reminded, moreover, on occasion, this honorable advantage.
Since their inception, the Voltigeurs were most useful for the French army
« I was quite surprised, by returning in France, of the high idea that we had formed of the Imperial Guard and little case that was made of Voltigeurs that were barely distinguished from any company of the centre. However the Voltigeurs fought one thousand times more than Guards. They were always ahead fighting when the Guards stood as reserve. There wasn’t a gunshot fired without them, and the Guard, which rarely took part in the small fights, appeared almost so rarely in the battles. Finally, the Voltigeurs were the elite of the Corps whilst a part of the Guard were scraps. Whoever saw it by is own eyes knows that many colonels sent to Paris only the men they wanted to get rid of, whereas the captains of Voltigeurs only admitted in their companies soldiers of a tried courage...»

Memories of Capitaine Desboeufs.
The 4e Régiment de Voltigeurs du Connacht  is currently led by Lieutenant-ColonelJohn Kennedy and Captain Romgar.

Lieutenant-Colonel John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Captain Romgar

Staff of the Voltigeurs Company

Lieutenant-Colonel
Capitaine
Sergent
Sergent

John F. Kennedy
James Morrison
Harry Hell
Matthew Campbell

John Kennedy
Romgar
MonyClair
Xifisao
Hommes de Rang

Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Voltigeur
Chasseur
Chasseur
Chasseur
Chasseur

Connor Winter
Andrew MacIntyre
Robert Davidson
Harry O'Neil
Aaron O'Conor
Miachel O'Neill
Sean Carrell
Luke Tompson
Alistair Stewart
Nathan Wright
Connor Barret
Alexander Morris
Edwin MacFarlane
Douglas MacArthur
à déterminer
à déterminer

Pacificman
Michel
Raph
Kinder
Dragnir
Fab
Stranger
Laubiz
Kwylers
Terethor
FENRIR
Sparta
Darkzor
Saf
Fallouteur
Falorn

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX100SWOEXM[/youtube]

You can contact us via Steam by adding one of these people on Steam:

Or go to our TeamSpeak at this address: 91.121.26.112:9984

Or just come on our forum here: http://legionirlandaise.forumactif.ca

We were organizing an event on Friday at 20:30: LI Friday Event

For more information on the Irish Legion, visit the thread of the Irish Legion:
Thread of the Irish Legion
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:14:24 am by V_3e_Kennedy »
Adjudant Kennedy: When I last played with Kennedy, years ago, he couldn’t get a streak of three blocking together. Looking at how much he had improved when I joined the regiment honestly had me speechless. Playing alongside him was a huge pleasure as I’ve hardly saw someone willing to team-play and offering himself so others can take the kills more than he did. He was also an honest figure within the regiment, always saying what he thought without ever sounding mean or arrogant and for that I know he was extremely well appreciated by the other members and also the rest of the NW community. It’s definitely not the place to talk about such things but what happened to him in real-life and the way he reacted to it showed me that Kennedy was certainly one of the strongest person in the regiment and that there is not much capable to take this man down.

Offline Tallest

• Donator
  • 63e | Tallest
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 4e Régiment de Voltigeurs du Connacht (Irish Legion)[EU]
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 06:42:12 pm »
Good luck!

Offline Rupert

• First Lieutenant
  • fuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 06:55:11 pm »
Good luck and shit.
Rupert, I removed your post due to some offensive content. Feel free to call 1stSAO or me "weeaboos", etc., but do not fill the thread with content that could be offensive, or insensitive to any group/groups of people based on their race, religion, or past greviances.
Thanks

Offline John F. Kennedy

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:38:29 am »
Good Luck! From a former Irish Legion (NA)  8)
Thank  ;D
Adjudant Kennedy: When I last played with Kennedy, years ago, he couldn’t get a streak of three blocking together. Looking at how much he had improved when I joined the regiment honestly had me speechless. Playing alongside him was a huge pleasure as I’ve hardly saw someone willing to team-play and offering himself so others can take the kills more than he did. He was also an honest figure within the regiment, always saying what he thought without ever sounding mean or arrogant and for that I know he was extremely well appreciated by the other members and also the rest of the NW community. It’s definitely not the place to talk about such things but what happened to him in real-life and the way he reacted to it showed me that Kennedy was certainly one of the strongest person in the regiment and that there is not much capable to take this man down.

Offline Lawrence

• Major
  • 1ere Cadet | Former Founder of 3rd East Kent (NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lawrence
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 06:45:37 am »
gl mate

Offline Lt. Col. George A. Custer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Thomas Lawford
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 05:16:52 am »
Best of luck. Hope to see you on the battlefield.
Thomas Lawford
Colonel, Commanding
14th New York State Militia

DHDraker

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 03:11:22 pm »
Very beautiful thread my Captain!  :)

Offline Thragorn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 05:33:19 pm »
Yes very beautifull, gg Kennedy =)
Vive la France Libre et Eternelle!
"La France doit se donner les moyens de sa politique" Général Charles de Gaulle

Sorry for my english mistakes^^"
Voltigeur chez les smourbiffs du 4e régiment de voltigeurs du Connacht

Offline MixMash

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 05:52:29 pm »
snip - Spam removed
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:52:05 pm by Malakith »

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 06:47:34 pm »
snip - Spam removed

Never heard of you;)

PS. Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:53:04 pm by Malakith »
>always high
>GOAT

Offline John F. Kennedy

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 06:21:17 pm »
hi, we are always recruiting for motivated players.
I will put some screenshot of the 4e connacht.

Offline John F. Kennedy

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 09:13:22 pm »
4e Connacht is pleased to present its trailer after nearly two years of existence.

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 09:16:55 pm »
Good luck

Offline Husar Cato

• First Lieutenant
  • Mitglied im Kaiserlichen Heere.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: kk_KR_Nr4_ZuCpl_Cato