Poll

Should there be musket misfires?

Yes, it'd add another dimention in fighting!
28 (37.3%)
Nope, don't see the point
20 (26.7%)
Maybe, if the devs have time to add it
27 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: October 22, 2013, 03:14:20 am

Author Topic: [Suggestion]Musket Misfires  (Read 15520 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: [Suggestion]Musket Misfires
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »
And while I'd agree with you on that idea, if misfires are added then they need to have a variable impact on the game. Perhaps once every 50 shots.

Can we not have realism for the sake of realism, rather than overstating it to the point where the novelty would soon wear away?

...Fair point. But I'd still like it to be in the game at least, every 200 shots or so.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 02:16:14 am »
Misfires should be in, but toggle-able by the admin along with other features to make the game realistic or arcade depending on the server.

Offline Galadhion

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Galadhion
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 07:33:41 pm »
And while I'd agree with you on that idea, if misfires are added then they need to have a variable impact on the game. Perhaps once every 50 shots.

Can we not have realism for the sake of realism, rather than overstating it to the point where the novelty would soon wear away?

...Fair point. But I'd still like it to be in the game at least, every 200 shots or so.

It shouldn't have a set, regular interval. Rather, it should be bound to a random percentage, so it could occur twice in a row if you're really unlucky.

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 08:48:34 pm »
It shouldn't have a set, regular interval. Rather, it should be bound to a random percentage, so it could occur twice in a row if you're really unlucky.

I think that's what he was suggesting, not that precisely every 200 shots you have to click twice to shoot. A 1/200 chance.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 08:53:27 pm »

I think that's what he was suggesting, not that precisely every 200 shots you have to click twice to shoot. A 1/200 chance.

Yeah, that's what I meant. So basically a .5% chance of a misfire.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Garnith

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 29th_R_LCpl_Garnith
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 09:42:00 pm »
I agree, with a 0.5% chance of occurence it will add an aspect of true realism to the game. For while yes, they did maintain their firearms and misfires happen less than in the Napoleanic era, they did still happen. So I agree with a 0.5% chance, I would even go so high 1% but I would say no greater then that. For as stated before, we want it to add flavor to the combat, not change the taste completly. I will say as a side note though, their should definetly be a sound and/or animation for this so that people do not think that they are just lagging or that the game is glitched. But over all I am all for it!

Offline SCREAMING_EAGLES

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: North
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 04:24:00 am »
I agree, with a 0.5% chance of occurence it will add an aspect of true realism to the game. For while yes, they did maintain their firearms and misfires happen less than in the Napoleanic era, they did still happen. So I agree with a 0.5% chance, I would even go so high 1% but I would say no greater then that. For as stated before, we want it to add flavor to the combat, not change the taste completly. I will say as a side note though, their should definetly be a sound and/or animation for this so that people do not think that they are just lagging or that the game is glitched. But over all I am all for it!
Think you mean a 0.05% chance lol, but I agree that it would add to the realism of the game! ;D

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 04:31:10 am »
Why would he mean 1 in 2000, would a regular soldier in the civil war even fire his rifle that many times?
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline Garnith

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 29th_R_LCpl_Garnith
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 07:34:29 am »
Think you mean a 0.05% chance lol, but I agree that it would add to the realism of the game! ;D

Why would he mean 1 in 2000, would a regular soldier in the civil war even fire his rifle that many times?

Ya, I ment a 0.5% chance. ("1 in 200" = 0.5%)

Not 0.05% (1 in 2,000 = 0.05%) that would be too rare.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:36:26 am by Garnith »

Offline SCREAMING_EAGLES

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: North
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 08:03:00 pm »

Ya, I ment a 0.5% chance. ("1 in 200" = 0.5%)

Not 0.05% (1 in 2,000 = 0.05%) that would be too rare.
I don't want to get into any math argument, but 0.5% is equal to 50%.
Not sure where 1 in 2,000 is equal to 0.05% which is 5% or 1 in 20 shots.
Let us leave the math to the developers and just look forward to the game!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 08:07:42 pm »
I don't want to get into any math argument, but 0.5% is equal to 50%.
Not sure where 1 in 2,000 is equal to 0.05% which is 5% or 1 in 20 shots.
Let us leave the math to the developers and just look forward to the game!

Um. What.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 08:23:46 pm »
0.5% is half of 1%, not 50%.

Also it's 1 in 200, dunno where someone got the 1 in 2000 idea.

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 11:42:35 pm »
0.5 = 50%
0.5% =/= 50%

Offline Price

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 12:16:05 am »
1/200 = 0.5%
1/2000 = 0.05%

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 02:44:27 pm »
Can I just say the only outcome to this is rage? I mean yeah it's realistic but honestly does anyone want to fail because of random chance? Lets say this is the shot that loses a round or a lb?

Also if you're musket is misfiring that's because the weapon is fouled. I've live fired .69 buck and ball and .58 and never had a misfire.