Author Topic: Bugs, feedback and suggestions.  (Read 84429 times)

Offline Mailman653

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Bugs, feedback and suggestions.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 02:31:21 pm »
  • The lack of spears for the cohort infantry? They ruled the day at this point, and if you're going to insist on refusing to make the pila capable of melee, we should be able to at least choose some kind of spear.

There already is a dedicated spearmen unit. Classis (naval infantry/Marines), and they're in all the maps so far.  I believe one of the auxilia units also has a spear.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 02:34:20 pm by Mailman653 »

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 02:53:50 pm »
There already is a dedicated spearmen unit. Classis (naval infantry/Marines), and they're in all the maps so far.  I believe one of the auxilia units also has a spear.

Indeed. However, leaving the 'normal' infantry without mid-range defense (Aside from their pila), and the 'dedicated' spear-men without close range defense causes a shitton of issues.

See;
  • The spears seem to have a lot of ghost reach, and thus bounce when they shouldn't.
I'm sure the armour doesn't help that, but the main issue is people getting closer than you are able to use a spear.. and not being able to respond to their attacks.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 03:21:11 pm »

Indeed. However, leaving the 'normal' infantry without mid-range defense (Aside from their pila), and the 'dedicated' spear-men without close range defense causes a shitton of issues.

See;
  • The spears seem to have a lot of ghost reach, and thus bounce when they shouldn't.
I'm sure the armour doesn't help that, but the main issue is people getting closer than you are able to use a spear.. and not being able to respond to their attacks.

Spears shouldn't ghost i tested it a lot, if anything the reach is slightly less than the mesh. Roman cohorts didn't use Spears at this time, the pila was completely ineffective as a spear, and we have the spear infantry auxillia and marines, plus the germans and numidians have spears, not to mention cav.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 03:46:11 pm »
* Make the mini-swords of archers and what not deal way less damage than they do I think. They are already twice as fast so they can just outspam you without you able to do much, the least that could be done is make their damage way way less or make it impossible for archers to block with their mini daggers or put their melee stats down.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »
Spears shouldn't ghost i tested it a lot, if anything the reach is slightly less than the mesh.

They do, though.

Roman cohorts didn't use Spears at this time, the pila was completely ineffective as a spear and we have the spear infantry auxillia and marines, plus the germans and numidians have spears, not to mention cav.

Aye, they didn't use spears.. but the pila is able to be used as a last-ditch melee weapon, especially against cavalry. My main issue is with the fact that the cavalry can out-range the average infantryman, and he can't respond if he's thrown his pila already. Sometimes we must depart from history for the sake of playability. I mean, cavalry already kills everything if there's more than two or three of them. (What do the mercenary cavalry fall under, by the way? They aren't effected by the cavalry limit, and entire 'legions' will just jump onto the class and steamroll everything. Except spearmen. :P)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:09:00 pm by TheBoberton »

Offline Galadhion

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Galadhion
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2013, 04:51:34 pm »
we must depart from history for the sake of playability. I mean, cavalry already kills everything if there's more than two or three of them. (What do the mercenary cavalry fall under, by the way? They aren't effected by the cavalry limit, and entire 'legions' will just jump onto the class and steamroll everything. Except spearmen. :P)

Cavalry doesn't kill everything, I have myself defeated 2-3 cavalrymen at once with my gladius and shield. It's a matter of technique, not weapons.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 05:22:10 pm »
So my list, might be partly the same as what others said but the hell with it!

- Fix the skill sets of all classes, some classes can do things they shouldn't be enable to do, or the other way around. - General units/Ballista units.
- Reduce the damage of the Axe, or change the speed or something to reduce the OP'ness of it. It's incredible. It one hit breaks a shield, and it can one hit kill other players.
- Make the Catapult more useful, as on this point I barely saw any kills being made by the catapult. While it should be the siege weapon that gets the most kills. (Also because they are rare as you can't spawn with them)
- Other way around with the Ballista's. Reduce the hit area. Like many said, it shouldn't be enable to break entire formations. And kill 20 people at once.
- Make a class for the General staff with the bearskin and the Eagle for example on a horse. At this point those rank classes are way to similar to eachother.

Will get some others on soon...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:25:59 pm by Gokiller »

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2013, 05:25:54 pm »
Spears shouldn't ghost i tested it a lot, if anything the reach is slightly less than the mesh.

They do, though.

Roman cohorts didn't use Spears at this time, the pila was completely ineffective as a spear and we have the spear infantry auxillia and marines, plus the germans and numidians have spears, not to mention cav.

Aye, they didn't use spears.. but the pila is able to be used as a last-ditch melee weapon, especially against cavalry. My main issue is with the fact that the cavalry can out-range the average infantryman, and he can't respond if he's thrown his pila already. Sometimes we must depart from history for the sake of playability. I mean, cavalry already kills everything if there's more than two or three of them. (What do the mercenary cavalry fall under, by the way? They aren't effected by the cavalry limit, and entire 'legions' will just jump onto the class and steamroll everything. Except spearmen. :P)

They don't though. I am not having much trouble with cavalry, the gladius seems pretty effective to me. Unlike NWs we have also re-enabled rearing horses, which means a horse completely stops and rears when it is stabbed, making it very vulnerable.

So my list, might be partly the same as what others said but the hell with it!

- Fix the skill sets of all classes, some classes can do things they shouldn't be enable to do, or the otherway around. - General units/Ballista units.
- Reduce the damage of the Axe, or change the speed or something to reduce the OP'ness of it. It's incredible. It one hit breaks a shield, and it can one hit kill other players.
- Make the Catapult more usefull, as on this point I barely saw any kills being made by the catapult. While it should be the siege weapon that gets the most kills. (Also because they are rare as you can't spawn with them)
- Otherway around with the Ballista's. Reduce the hit area. Like many said, it shouldn't be enable to break entire formations. And kill 20 people at once.

Will get some others on soon...
Some good points, some units can accidentally ride horses like slingers, the reason the axe is so powerful is because it only has 2 swing directions but i will look into whether it is OP. The giant area effect damage on the ballista was an attempt to make the catapult more damaging, it will be fixed in the upcoming patch, where the bolt only kills what the bolt actually hits. Hopefully the catapult will have a wider explosive radius too.

Offline Duke_Mustard

• Sergeant
  • "Be the Change" - The 14th Dalai Lama.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: President_Mustard
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 05:26:06 pm »
After seeing premium classes such as Elephant rider and many people want to play it, how about you make these premium classes gainable by donation?  It shuts people up but also generates some money which can be used to improve the mod?
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 05:28:37 pm »
After seeing premium classes such as Elephant rider and many people want to play it, how about you make these premium classes gainable by donation?  It shuts people up but also generates some money which can be used to improve the mod?

They're dev only because they don't really work, as cool as it seems, the elephant has horse animations, and makes horse noises, and the hitbox is messed up, it wouldn't work as a proper unit, and even if we got it properly working, without limiting it they would completely own the battlefield. So while elephants would be very cool, ultimately they would ruin everyone's day. We also don't need donations.

Offline Duke_Mustard

• Sergeant
  • "Be the Change" - The 14th Dalai Lama.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: President_Mustard
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 05:31:25 pm »

They're dev only because they don't really work, as cool as it seems, the elephant has horse animations, and makes horse noises, and the hitbox is messed up, it wouldn't work as a proper unit, and even if we got it properly working, without limiting it they would completely own the battlefield. So while elephants would be very cool, ultimately they would ruin everyone's day. We also don't need donations.

The use of the elephant was merely an example.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2013, 05:42:41 pm »
The Baleares Funditores sling would just keep on slinging, as in, I couldn't shoot, was just constantly spinning and broken.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2013, 05:43:44 pm »
The Baleares Funditores sling would just keep on slinging, as in, I couldn't shoot, was just constantly spinning and broken.

Caused by lag, the sling is a musket with a new aim animation, no huge changes to the system.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2013, 07:14:26 pm »
As to the point raised with slingers earlier. I don't mind the range and accuracy, but the fact that slingers can reload on the move whilst still going faster is bollocks. The same goes with archers. There's just a lot of people who run like Kenyans whilst rapid firing into you.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2013, 07:49:05 pm »
As to the point raised with slingers earlier. I don't mind the range and accuracy, but the fact that slingers can reload on the move whilst still going faster is bollocks. The same goes with archers. There's just a lot of people who run like Kenyans whilst rapid firing into you.

I think it would be completely unrealistic to make slings not reloadable on the move. All it is is putting a rock/lead ball into the cup while moving, very easy to do. Also being able to move around so much is one of the primary points of their unit. The slingers are otherwise the weakest unit in the game.