Author Topic: Non Steam Warband and Steam NW problems  (Read 5753 times)

Offline Great_Zhupan_Uros_SRB

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Non Steam Warband and Steam NW problems
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 03:34:50 pm »
Why don't they ask first and then buy?At my case before i buy m&b i asked many guys who own it and told me to get it on steam as a guy that i knew had it as non-steam and there were many problems.Oh and Darth_Diamond not only FSE are the developers but talewords too.You should speak to them not to FSE because tehy have the problems.FSE has even realised the beta patch and they wait talewords.

whom to ask? we are new on legit, we dont know anyone. . . we thought that key is key, doesnt matter where you buy it. . . we asked TW too, but noone is answering so we came also here to ask NW administration since we have problems with NW keys. . .
and once more if anyone in NW administration want to help us add me on Steam :Great_Zhupan_Uros_SRB

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 07:18:37 pm »
This is a problem inherited of the steam DRM system.

Most of times, you can register your native warband copy to steam, by entering your warband CD key in the steam program, if this does not work... sadly it cannot work, steam locked out certain codes that are not sold through them, in other stores, to conserve bandwith on their service, and thus they cannot be linked to steam accounts... 

Or if they have been linked to steam accounts before, you cannot link them again.
Steam is a DRM form that does not allow you to share codes of any sort with eachother or pass along games, problems with their service or how they handle DRM can be directed at them.

I do not know for sure, you will have to contact steam support about this one, but when you buy a NW DLC on steam without buying warband on steam, they still should provide you with a cd key for Napoleonic Wars, which means you could use this cd key to install warband + napoleonic wars non steam.

Download links for Non-steam Warband + NW;

Install this:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1153.exe

Then this:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_setup_1006.exe

If you want to buy Napoleonic Wars non steam, you can get it on the Taleworlds Store here;
http://www.taleworlds.com/buy.aspx?type=5

Overall I feel quite sad that you claim you once pirated a 10 dollar DLC.. And then suddenly buying it more than a year after release, whilst playing it cracked for all that time, and then buying it for discount, that is not helping your case, or that of your cracking clan to be fair.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »
Overall I feel quite sad that you claim you once pirated a 10 dollar DLC.. And then suddenly buying it more than a year after release, whilst playing it cracked for all that time, and then buying it for discount, that is not helping your case, or that of your cracking clan to be fair.

Hey Vincenzo, you are cool for giving so much useful info at beginning of your post. I'm sure all Zhupans will respect that.
But as for the last part.. I own legit wb and nw, yet I do not understand your sadness.

This is what happened thanks to pirate game:

"And then suddenly buying it more than a year after release, whilst playing it cracked for all that time, and then buying it for discount"

This is what would happen without pirate:

"Never played the game or never even heard about it. And of course never bought it."

There are lots (millions) of kids in lots of countries who can only dream of spending as little as 10e on a game they are not sure they will even like, if someone can't imagine this to be true this person does not have real perception of the world. So is Napoleonic Wars too good for them, are they a lowest class which should never get a taste of your entertainment? Horribly outdated philosophies such as this one never stand the test of time, for as you can see people feel they do deserve to play the game and will always find a way to do so despite what someone thinks about that. To begin with, the fact that they own/share a computer despite being poor is a true testament to human spirit.

So yea they bought the game at discount like a true lower class they are, but thats one regiment paying 50-100 euros to developers to play, if there was no pirate or discount the total profit from all those players would be one big fat zero.

Also money isn't everything, as late injection of fresh players can only help a multiplayer's game life. But my point is, none of these people would end up paying for the game was it not for spontaneously formed community of players on free servers, and the only reason they spent a whole year there was because the community was probably so great and they were living their lives making friends and enemies and fighting their battles in a parallel universe, the existence of which is not their fault.

I'm only saying this because Vincenzo is sad, don't be sad man  ::) Or if you wanna be sad, be sad about injustices in the world which prevents people from buying their favorite games.

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 09:16:43 pm »
i must say that i agree with Grozni, i bought this game only because i had friends before, without that i probably wouldnt buy it, you see in my country we dont have that mutch money to give for games, i can count on fingers of one my arm how many games i bought untill now, not because i dont want, its because i dont have money to give for games. this is game that i like most, Napoleonc wars. . . me and my clan hardly managed to get money for this sale, we put lot of effort to combine all money cause not all of us had credit cards, i have even some members that had to hide from their parents that they were saving money and that they spent it for game. . . and after all that effor you are going to tell us that we cant play games that we legely payed, that we legaly own . . . and you tell us to buy again game for what we dont have money. . . what should we do, since you wont/cant help us and we dont have money to buy games that we aready own? you have milinos and milions keys since you made this game, is there a way that we send you our steam NWs (they are all legaly bought on sale and arnt opend so we dont know what key is inside) and you send us normal 4x4 NW keys. . . thats only think i can think now and only thing we can do, ofcourse if you want. . . it wont cost you anything since we payed for thoose keys, you can open thoose gifts and take keys form it and sell to someone else. . .

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 10:41:01 am »
it wont cost you anything since we payed for thoose keys, you can open thoose gifts and take keys form it and sell to someone else. . .

:o  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Flea market business! What say you FSE do we have a deal?  8)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:30:01 pm by Grozni »

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 11:28:07 am »
well i dont know for you, but i dont have money and i cant buy same game one milion times. . . FSE made this game, they will get money from steam for keys that we bought, nothing cost them to turn off one key and give another. . . of course if they want to. . . since i have legit key for NW only i cant use it. . .

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 09:47:14 pm »
Well I have steam bought NW and Store bought warband and I had no problems with mixing them together. I just added Native Warband to my steam through the '' Add games to steam '' at the left corner and it worked fine.

Offline Tristan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stroke a tip D*lan
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »
Copy the NW cd key off steam and activate it on the taleworlds website. Hope this helps.

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 12:00:32 am »
I think the problem is he can't get the CD key off Steam because he doesn't have Warband on Steam.

Offline Tristan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stroke a tip D*lan
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 12:09:54 am »
As Jay One earlier said, search your registry for the serial key, then get it off there and activate it on the TW website.

Spoiler
Read Jay One's earlier post for the instructions.
[close]

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 08:54:53 am »
You can try activating the key through the Taleworlds website, and then throwing it in steam again.. but I doubt that will work.

But overall.

All CD keys, platforms like Steam, Gamersgate and so forth are managed by the publisher. They give out and sell the game in these stores, I personally don't have more than one CD key myself. and even had to buy the game myself from a store to give to my friends and relatives...

So you will have to contact the publisher paradox or steam support about these problems, they are completely not in my control.