Author Topic: After 1 year of not playing, my thoughts and conclusions. NW 2018  (Read 3377 times)

Offline DanteIsKing

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
I stopped playing NW on 6/18/17 and I returned on 6/12/18 to just see how things would be, and if my skills were somewhat still adequate.

Off the bat: NW is officially dead. There was only 3 servers on, and it was the Bot servers, no dueling or groupfighting. It is pretty sad to see that the community is more active on the forums, than the actual game.

I dueled Suns, Oatmeal, Vetro, and my mentor Maple, and I'm saddened on the latter.

What people don't realize is Maple is one of the best player to ever play NW period. The current version of Maple is like a 55/100 compared to what he once was. So beating this version of Maple isn't really an achievement, because his best performances were behind him. This is the guy who dominated me 7-3 in my prime, and taught me everything about chambering, and also beat tons of greats. There would be no Dante without Maple teaching me defense, and Pinoy teaching me all the different styles I can come across. (BTW Pinoy destroyed me everytime even in my prime, it wasn't even competitive. Pinoy has to also be one of the best all time period.)

With Suns, he beat me 7-3, Vetro beat me 7-6, and Oatmeal beat me 7-4, then I beat him 7-6. Overall all these guys aren't as good as they once were either. I didn't play for 1 year and I was very rusty, but I was happy with my performance that I didn't get 7-0ed, by these guys. Nonetheless, I'm also saddened that the game is pretty dead.

You know how they used to say, that the new players are so much better? I greatly disagree, the old players were way better, more fundamentally sound and actually had their own distinct styles.

I'm happy I didn't get blown out, and we can all say, "Well Prime Dante would do this or that", but today all I know is none of that matters, because the game is dead.

To all the legends of NW such as: Godfried, Pinoy, Maple, etc. Stay away from this game, you guys will have 7-5, 7-6 duels against guys you would beat 7-0 in your prime. You have nothing to gain, and people will shit talk you if you seem unlike the legend you are recognized as.

To all the trolls of NW: This is the best time to be alive because the talent is so low in NW currently, that you can probably beat alot of the people still playing, and think you're the shit (cough cough matt) even though the game is very weak talent wise.

Overall, I doubt I'll be playing NW again, it's just not popular enough, and I've already achieved alot in the game and after today I'm recognized by all the guys I dueled today, that I wasn't a joke and for me to be competitive after 1 year, says alot.

Thank you, Maple, Pinoy, Team A1pha Male Members, that helped me become the player that I was and am, but every good thing has to come to an end, and this game is pretty dead.
Peace out!

AeroNinja

Re: After 1 year of not playing, my thoughts and conclusions. NW 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:43:04 am »
You need help. Like, a lot of help.

Offline DanteIsKing

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:45:37 am »
You need help. Like, a lot of help.

Obamacare ain't free no more buddy ! :D

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 10:59:22 am »
you will be missed king

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 11:03:54 am »
every good thing has to come to an end, and this game is pretty dead.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 12:40:36 pm »
Who's Dante again

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 05:08:50 pm »
tbh I wanna quit this game already

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 05:11:00 pm »
NA is dead, not EU.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 05:11:38 pm »
"This game is dead" (Some dude, 2012)(Some dude, 2013)(Some dude, 2014)(Some dude, 2015)(Some dude, 2016)(Some dude, 2017)(Some dude, 2018).

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 05:16:23 pm »
"This game is dead" (Some dude, 2012)(Some dude, 2013)(Some dude, 2014)(Some dude, 2015)(Some dude, 2016)(Some dude, 2017)(Some dude, 2018).
To be fair, NA is the most dead as it's ever been in the past years. I remember around last year we all thought on NA that the game was dead with only like 6 competitive regiments and only two events reaching 200 players. Now we're lucky to even get 1 full event, there are no whole competitive regiments aside from the 71st anymore, the rest are a mix and don't have the skill to stand up to the 71st in general. EU is still doing just fine compared to NA. So I don't agree with the entire statement of "This game is dead." I'd say only NA is dead out of anything, but NA has always had a smaller player base than EU, apparently.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 05:21:01 pm »
To be fair, NA is the most dead as it's ever been in the past years. I remember around last year we all thought on NA that the game was dead with only like 6 competitive regiments and only two events reaching 200 players. Now we're lucky to even get 1 full event, there are no whole competitive regiments aside from the 71st anymore, the rest are a mix and don't have the skill to stand up to the 71st in general. EU is still doing just fine compared to NA. So I don't agree with the entire statement of "This game is dead." I'd say only NA is dead out of anything, but NA has always had a smaller player base than EU, apparently.

NA is the most dead IV ever seen it.

Spoiler
Because midnight is fucking useless
[close]

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 05:21:37 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Says the one who has a life and doesn't attend any events on the weekdays..smh

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 05:22:27 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Says the one who has a life and doesn't attend any events on the weekdays..smh

Being an adult sucks