Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 528127 times)

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #4380 on: September 24, 2018, 01:31:11 pm »
Simple, if you don't go to war you can't get shot. Life isn't a movie where you can be a hero and save, shoot everyone you want.

With just my two years in the academy I cannot say to be a walking oracle, but you just ate the fucking cake on not knowing how an actual army works and what it means to be a soldier...

What it means to be a soldier? Do you know what the americans besides shooting terrorists did? Pissing on innocent dead bodies, probably also raped a few. But oh yes media doesnt show this. And not only the Americans btw. There is no honor in being a freakin soldier friend. Its all about killing. And yeah you can come with, but what if your army doesnt protect you? I dont need someone to protect me so he has to kill others.
Are you 12?

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4381 on: September 24, 2018, 06:03:21 pm »
What it means to be a soldier? Do you know what the americans besides shooting terrorists did? Pissing on innocent dead bodies, probably also raped a few. But oh yes media doesnt show this. And not only the Americans btw. There is no honor in being a freakin soldier friend. Its all about killing. And yeah you can come with, but what if your army doesnt protect you? I dont need someone to protect me so he has to kill others.

I think this debate already happened when the poll was first set, but I'll bite anyway:

a) The incident in 2012 was widely covered by the western media (including the subsequent "outrage" in the middle east), and the Marines involved were held accountable for their actions
b) You don't have to take a role on the front lines during national service - there are many pacifist support roles available

In reality, you'd either answer the call of duty or you'd be arrested.

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #4382 on: September 24, 2018, 08:25:56 pm »
Props go to em
Respect go to em
Thanks to the soldiers for doing what makes others lose their composhaaar
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4383 on: September 24, 2018, 10:45:19 pm »
Simple, if you don't go to war you can't get shot. Life isn't a movie where you can be a hero and save, shoot everyone you want.

With just my two years in the academy I cannot say to be a walking oracle, but you just ate the fucking cake on not knowing how an actual army works and what it means to be a soldier...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientious_objector
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: September 25, 2018, 04:13:25 pm »
Rod Rosenstein seems to hanging by a thread now. Chaos in the Trump administration as per usual.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: September 25, 2018, 04:57:49 pm »
W-we'll get em this time!!1

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4386 on: September 25, 2018, 05:34:33 pm »
Don't worry guys the blue wave will save America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4387 on: September 25, 2018, 07:57:56 pm »
In similiar news: The entire General Assembly of the UN laughed in Trump's face.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #4388 on: September 25, 2018, 08:18:59 pm »
In similiar news: The entire General Assembly of the UN laughed in Trump's face.
I'm surprised no one laughed at the claim that the U.S has been committed to stopping interference with small countries since 1823. It kind of glazes over the whole cold war policy of the U.S.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: September 25, 2018, 10:48:17 pm »
I like how the US has 800 bases around the world but bitches and cries when China builds an island.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: September 26, 2018, 03:10:33 am »
We are a band of brothers and native to the soil, Fighting for the property we gained by honest toil, And when our rights were threatened, the cry rose near and far, Hurrah! for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #4391 on: September 26, 2018, 04:02:21 am »
We are a band of brothers and native to the soil, Fighting for the property we gained by honest toil, And when our rights were threatened, the cry rose near and far, Hurrah! for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star
I love the Republic of West-Florida

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: September 28, 2018, 03:06:16 am »
Anybody actually buy this Kavanaugh shit?

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: September 28, 2018, 06:23:03 am »
Anybody actually buy this Kavanaugh shit?

Doesnt know the location, circumstances (how she got there/left, who she was with, whose house it was, etc.), or even the fucking year of "the most traumatic experience" of her life. But she is now sure it was Kavanaugh. Right.

The only 4 people she claimed she knows for sure attended this party (including Kavanaugh and a woman who she described as a lifelong friend) have no recollection of the party she describes.

Two additional potential witnesses testified under penalty of perjury that they have no recollection of the party she describes.

She never mentioned Kavanaugh to her therapist and the notes are full of inconsistencies to her current story (4 boys or 2 involved, she was in her late teens or maybe 15 now, etc)

If anyone actually believes this garbage I dont even know what to say
Why am I still here

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: September 28, 2018, 03:13:59 pm »
As a lawyer I can tell you that the Kavanaugh allegations wouldn't stand up in court (at least not in a British one). You can't prove an offence was even committed given it's 'he said, she said' let alone whether Brett Kavanaugh is the guilty party. In such cases 'dubia in meliorem partem interpretari debent' applies, i.e. if there's insufficient doubt then a conviction cannot follow. To say there's sufficient doubt in this case is putting it mildly.

-Does Kavanaugh have a history of this behaviour? No.
-Is there any corroborating evidence for Ford's testimony? No.
-Did she report this at the time? No.
-Has Ford's testimony remained consistent? No.

Before you even consider the politicisation of it all the allegations are already shaky.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 07:08:58 pm by StevenChilton »