Author Topic: A Plan To Revive NA1?  (Read 17056 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: A Plan To Revive NA1?
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2016, 10:12:02 pm »
i guess? like im not sure how to organise any NA1 events, but then again there already could be events. no flipn idea

the mini events happen more as a spur of the moment but should someone want to organize one on a certain date, they can.  get enough people and a good time and it may happen.

as for the na1 linebattle.  It will only happen if people want to do it.  You are welcome to encourage people to go, bring your own group, or just come and join the pub line. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2016, 07:17:20 pm »
Talk to Vince if you want the melee speed changed.  I was told to leave it medium, and will continue to do so.   

and if memory serves, the weapons were  never balanced for the other combat speeds outside medium.  While one can play on their practically bayonet only server and be content with the balance of said weapon, na1 caters to a much larger crowd and variety of weapons.  So do keep that in mind along with your average pub.(2 of the 3 main pub NA servers are medium as well. so we aren't the only ones)

Weapon balance is completely fine on any speed

What you talking but willis?

Also 2 of the main 3 might be medium, but NA1 has seen much better days and needs to set itself above the rest once more

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2016, 09:01:01 pm »
Talk to Vince if you want the melee speed changed.  I was told to leave it medium, and will continue to do so.   

and if memory serves, the weapons were  never balanced for the other combat speeds outside medium.  While one can play on their practically bayonet only server and be content with the balance of said weapon, na1 caters to a much larger crowd and variety of weapons.  So do keep that in mind along with your average pub.(2 of the 3 main pub NA servers are medium as well. so we aren't the only ones)

Weapon balance is completely fine on any speed

What you talking but willis?

Also 2 of the main 3 might be medium, but NA1 has seen much better days and needs to set itself above the rest once more

Disagree and i'm not going to get into that any further here.

I already consider NA1 to be of better quality over the other 2. I could go on why i think so but i wont.   There are nights NA1 equals or passes the other servers in population.  There are nights the game overall is just not populated. There are nights where an Eu server has the most pop out of all of them.  Na1 may not be consistently the most populated server as it once was, but it is still active.  It still gets a good chunk of the population at night.   The main advantage the other servers have is how noob friendly they are.  Theoretically one could make NA1 super noob friendly but i don think that is what you are going for.  I will say that since the siege server was brought back, it has hurt the population for both battle servers.(not going to get into if this is a good thing or not.)  Granter there are nights the siege server is dead.

Less people play the game in a causal manner compared to a few years ago,  more competition for the pop, and the pop goes where the pop is.  So servers with more people will get more people.  That has been the pattern of NW for a long time.

anyways, like i said, Vince said keep it at medium a long time ago.   If you want it changed, talk to him about it.   No point of trying to convince me to change it. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2016, 09:39:38 pm »
Not really sure how to contact him

And I am not entirely sure I want to.

Bottom line is I care very little for NA1 as it is on medium speed. Id rather not get in 5 minute long fights just because some guy has a basic idea of how to block. I would definitely go there more often if it was fastest, as would a good majority of the veterans (which is a growing % of the population of NW). But it aint my job to make NA1 better or more populated. Ill just go to groupfighting to get my NW itch out then move on.

If you really cared for the server and wanted to improve the pop there, youd change the speed. The casuals players who medium speed is aimed for wont care that you change the speed, hell id be surprised if they even noticed. However, youd get more pop from the veterans. More pop = more players = better large scale battles = better server= happier players = this thread would be locked.

Its quite simple. Whether you want to improve the server is up to you, I could care less. I dont like playing cavalry, so there are plenty of other options as far as servers go to where I can play.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2016, 10:36:17 pm »
Not really sure how to contact him

And I am not entirely sure I want to.

Pm or steam.  PM is the better route.  Not sure who he adds on steam nowadays, 

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1

Bottom line is I care very little for NA1 as it is on medium speed. Id rather not get in 5 minute long fights just because some guy has a basic idea of how to block.

Sounds like a very severe hyperbole.  Unless someone is good at melee, you wont be seeing many if any fights over 30 seconds let alone a min.  and the fights that last that long wont be one of those simple block and attack fights.   There will be chambers, holds, kicks, whatever.

I would definitely go there more often if it was fastest, as would a good majority of the veterans (which is a growing % of the population of NW). But it aint my job to make NA1 better or more populated. Ill just go to groupfighting to get my NW itch out then move on.

I doubt this.  From a players perspective,if a bunch of these veterans  are the ones i see teamwounding and teamkilling intentionally, or just trolling on the gf server on a consistent basis, idk if i would want them on NA1.  Just another person that will cause trouble for everyone else.  Not to mention NA1 plays very differently compared to a gf server.(not even talking about melee speed here)  I have my doubts all these vets would come flocking to NA1 because of the melee speed alone.  Not to mention the other rules they would probably have trouble following.

If you really cared for the server and wanted to improve the pop there, youd change the speed. The casuals players who medium speed is aimed for wont care that you change the speed, hell id be surprised if they even noticed. However, youd get more pop from the veterans. More pop = more players = better large scale battles = better server= happier players = this thread would be locked.

Its quite simple. Whether you want to improve the server is up to you, I could care less. I dont like playing cavalry, so there are plenty of other options as far as servers go to where I can play.

"If you really cared for the server"  lol.  Thanks for the laugh.    Making a comment like that makes me doubt the rest of your post is even being serious.  Either troll bait or ignorance, and i cant tell which one yet.

I am sure the casuals would notice when the experienced players slaughter them wholesale faster than ever.(which they get killed quickly enough as is)   Changing melee speed just sounds like a "buff" to the veteran players. 

and like i said above, i have my doubts "vets"(those who don't already play na1 frequently) will fly to na1 in any large and consistent manner to make a meaningful impact on the average server population.(and follow the rules at that)  one may even argue it would hurt the population. 

Anyways, gl convincing Vince to change it. 

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2016, 02:12:46 am »
just a question for you lot. why is this still going?! like i posted this July last year and this is still going today...why?  anyway perhaps we could try to get a event going during the weekend? i have a group that could get on sometime during the evenings. but thats probs for a different thread.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2016, 02:56:42 am »
just a question for you lot. why is this still going?! like i posted this July last year and this is still going today...why?  anyway perhaps we could try to get a event going during the weekend? i have a group that could get on sometime during the evenings. but thats probs for a different thread.

somebody bumped the thread

and Thunder im trying to tell you how to improve the pop, and I would say I know alot more about the vets than you do. Up to you what you do with that information.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2016, 03:10:26 am »
did you read what thunder posted apoc? he said he doesnt control the rules and you have to contact vince about it. so complaining here doesnt do anything

personally, i dont think changing the melee speed will increase the pop like you say.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2016, 06:26:46 am »
did you read what thunder posted apoc? he said he doesnt control the rules and you have to contact vince about it. so complaining here doesnt do anything

personally, i dont think changing the melee speed will increase the pop like you say.

I did read what he posted.

What he is saying is he doesnt care enough to make a change when a change is needed to try and instigate change himself.

Its not that he cant instigate change, its just that he doesnt want to.

Believe me, if he were to ask Vince to change the speed it would be alot more convincing than me (a guy hes likely never met or even heard of) asked him to. That is of course unless he/you are saying he is not capable of asking Vince, then I would question just how broken the system is.

Though I think a change in speed would help the pop. Might just be me, but I actively avoid medium speed servers when possible.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2016, 07:17:45 am »
Every few months someone decides to post something here concerning NA1.  I could of locked it, but i don't see the point in make a new thread, especially when the discussion is already here.

he said he doesnt control the rules and you have to contact vince about it. so complaining here doesnt do anything

basically this.

and it is always important to keep the pubs in mind.  Over the years, i seen some proposals that sound good for the person/group making them, but poorly considered your average person.  Just something to think about when you talk to vince. 

ah, a post as i was about to post.

I did read what he posted.

What he is saying is he doesnt care enough to make a change when a change is needed to try and instigate change himself.

Its not that he cant instigate change, its just that he doesnt want to.

Believe me, if he were to ask Vince to change the speed it would be alot more convincing than me (a guy hes likely never met or even heard of) asked him to. That is of course unless he/you are saying he is not capable of asking Vince, then I would question just how broken the system is.

Though I think a change in speed would help the pop. Might just be me, but I actively avoid medium speed servers when possible.

What i am reading here is that you think i should go to bat for you, because you "speak" for a majority of all those veteran players out there.  From my perspective as a player(and not the role i take as an admin), idc for a change to fastest.    At the same time, if Vince changed it, i wouldn't really care too much either.(i would care how it would effect your common pub)   I already gave my thoughts on what would happen if it went to fastest.   

You have done a poor job trying to convince me to support your view on it and it seems others here agree that it wouldn't effect the overall pop in really noticeable way.   

Server rule changes have always gone to Deo/Vince.(tho idk what happened to deo.  event rule changes come to me)  and this change would also have to go to him.  surely, if there were all these veteran players out there who would want to play on NA1 but cant because of the melee speed, you could get most of them to message Vince in a non trolling/polite manner.  perhaps with a better argument for your case you may get your way.   I am not going to do your work or be your errand/messager boy. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:38:44 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2016, 04:32:10 pm »
Aint askin ya to do my work for me. It aint my work in the first place is all im saying. Im not gonna be crying as I play on groupfighting instead of NA1. Im just saying I would definitely go more often if it was on fastest, and on previous pages others have said the same. Now you may disagree - and thats alright, you are entitled to your opinion. However, as I said before, I will just continue as usual and just not play on NA1. Simple as that. If you are fine with the status quo, you will just continue to play on NA1, and thats fine. Whatever. I was just saying how if you wanted to potentially improve the server how it could be done.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:34:04 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2016, 08:41:11 am »
Just to chime in my two cents on the whole melee speed. I as a veteran of nw don't really notice the melee speed difference. I think that a lot of it is just learning to block feint etc in any combat situation. Be it group fighting line battles or the old pleb skirmish slog. just my two cents  :P

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2016, 09:59:33 am »
Just to chime in my two cents on the whole melee speed. I as a veteran of nw don't really notice the melee speed difference. I think that a lot of it is just learning to block feint etc in any combat situation. Be it group fighting line battles or the old pleb skirmish slog. just my two cents  :P

Again, I don't think people who havent yet devoted time and effort learning the intricacies of melee on a competitive level will notice all that much.

Not saying you don't know how to melee well, just saying I don't really see you in tournaments or groupfighting. And I highly doubt people with even less experience than you will notice.

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2016, 12:50:27 am »
i don't tend to play group fighting or go to tournaments so that's why you don't see me there, but I'm far from inexperienced on NW, but thats going off topic. in anycase. i think a possible way to revive NA 1 if it indeed needs reviveing is to just keep it alive, people will come back around to it if it can outlive the other servers.   

Quick edit in order to avoid double posting: Im going to lock this topic soon seeing as things have gone over into what melee speed is better or what have ya, unless things get back on topic, just a fyi.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:53:27 am by Niroc »