Author Topic: A Plan To Revive NA1?  (Read 17057 times)

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: A Plan To Revive NA1?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 04:57:54 am »
well thats something we cant do nothing about, but if we dont get more folks on they wont get a more stable version of the server up,
Niroc we need you to really think about this. NA1 needs your help!
    you know Getty i never thought of you as one for the dramatics but i get ye point here.

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:15:50 am »
Just so you lot know as a FYI i am quite convinced that 99% of what you lot are saying is just trolling/yanking my chain, but i am going along with it for now seeing that the server population is so low, so if this is just a big ol prank might as well  wrap it up now lads.  ;)

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 05:28:03 am »
This is fantastic.

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 06:41:06 am »
:p I hope so, at least its a hilarious chain of events that got kicked off because i was some how talked into trying to organize aid for a server that is probs already dead.

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 07:36:24 am »
Use QIG

Acquire server pop

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 07:53:46 am »
This is the community... hmm...

Offline Christopher

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just another plebian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 08:16:46 am »
If we really want to keep NA1 alive, then there are a few critical problems that need adressing. The biggest problem the server has is that its hardware must be pretty bad, because if it's not rubberbanding it's crashing. Every time the server has a population in excess of 30-40, the server is guaranteed to crash, it has never once not crashed beyond these numbers. Further, the server takes a long time to get back up after the crash, so by the time it is up all of those people have either closed the game or moved to other servers.

The server either needs an upgrade or we need a new service for which to host it through.
This ^

I used to play on NA_1 a lot more until it seemed to rubber band and lag anytime it got populated :'(

I remember (back before I was in the 63e about a month ago) when I hopped on occasionally to play on the server, around 20-30 63e guys would come there for their recruitment days and play on it, within minutes the server would crash, most of the time the server didn't even have a hundred players yet.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:18:49 am by Christopher »
“It is the way of the Guard. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.”
"La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas! (Translation: The guard dies but does not surrender!)"

Wisconsin best state of Sin

Offline Gamboji

• Donator
  • zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 08:23:22 am »
:p I hope so, at least its a hilarious chain of events that got kicked off because i was some how talked into trying to organize aid for a server that is probs already dead.

Niroc, you have some serious trust issues. Can't you tell everyone here really cares about you and NA1? You're the only person here who is capable of solving this mind boggling mystery.

I never expected you to be the * DERMATIC * type, Niroc.

P.S. I think your extremely well thought out calculations are a bit off.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:27:32 am by Skills4Evil »

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 11:07:04 am »

Niroc, you have some serious trust issues. Can't you tell everyone here really cares about you and NA1? You're the only person here who is capable of solving this mind boggling mystery.

I never expected you to be the * DERMATIC * type, Niroc.

P.S. I think your extremely well thought out calculations are a bit off.
   tbh i belive you lads, i really do, but my questions remain, A. is this a issue that can be fixed by me? B are half these lads yanking my chain or being honest? and C even if A and B are true or false i  am still not seeing how i can even start with the processes.

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 11:21:11 am »
Listen lads, if you really want NA1 back on its feet you need to do more then talk about it, i, or rather the server, needs players. if you know anyone, and i don't care if there a regiment a friend a random player you talk to, try to get them on NA1, if this is going to work we cant waste time and effort trying to figure out whos yanking whos chain. to be clear,  i may or may not be the sod you believe me to be, but i am not Jesus, i cant pull a hundred players from my sleeve, so if its just going to be me doing this it will take awhile, and results may or may not come out of it, thus if you lot really want to aid the server, do what im already doing, get volunteers, form a line of battle and get in that server, thats the only way we will be able to bring NA1 back, at least partly, word from Thunderstormer is that the server owner knows of the lag issues, but has no idea what if anything he intends to do about it. the easiest way for me to put this in perspective is to put this in terms of a battle, and we, lads, are on the frontlines.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 03:18:59 pm »
If we really want to keep NA1 alive, then there are a few critical problems that need adressing. The biggest problem the server has is that its hardware must be pretty bad, because if it's not rubberbanding it's crashing. Every time the server has a population in excess of 30-40, the server is guaranteed to crash, it has never once not crashed beyond these numbers. Further, the server takes a long time to get back up after the crash, so by the time it is up all of those people have either closed the game or moved to other servers.

The server either needs an upgrade or we need a new service for which to host it through.
This ^

I used to play on NA_1 a lot more until it seemed to rubber band and lag anytime it got populated :'(

I remember (back before I was in the 63e about a month ago) when I hopped on occasionally to play on the server, around 20-30 63e guys would come there for their recruitment days and play on it, within minutes the server would crash, most of the time the server didn't even have a hundred players yet.

The lag has been an issue since 2013.

I asked Vincenzo about this years ago. He said that in order to change server boxes (I swear this server box was created by Jesus of Nazareth in his woodshop), we need to find a NA server company that has a tax ID and is registered, because he uses the server as a tax write off for his business. Many companies host the box themselves and can afford to... FSE apparently cannot.

So if anyone knows of any company that has a Tax ID let me know... I have looked around for quite some time and haven't found one.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 09:49:32 pm »
Niroc please, NA_1 Need more people like you!

Offline Kovyjack

• Captain
  • I'm gay, no homo though.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.21
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 12:51:45 am »
Many companies host the box themselves and can afford to... FSE apparently cannot.

FSE's money is strained after the failed BCoF Project.

Offline Getty

• Major
  • Leader of the Nr9.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr9_Oberst_Getty
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 05:46:39 am »
Many companies host the box themselves and can afford to... FSE apparently cannot.

FSE's money is strained after the failed BCoF Project.
We need Niroc to help market for BCoF!

Offline Niroc

• Sergeant
  • cake ftw!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2015, 06:57:59 am »
Getty stop with the sarcasm, you are not fooling anyone at this point. lol.