Author Topic: Lord of the Admins: The Fellowship of NW.  (Read 26889 times)

Stubbs

Re: Napoleonic Wars, a novel - Written by Stubbs. (Other stories are welcome)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 05:44:22 pm »
Very funny! Though im expecting a lock soon  :-\

Haha, Why?

A nice piece. Needs moar characters mentioned by name though, *cough cough*.

I'll be sure to add some more characters!

More coming soon! Stay tuned!  ;D

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 05:48:47 pm »
Aye tis true my wee laddie that that was indeed one fine damn story, yet pray tell why you missed out the most important part....this is how the admonian army came to be, come gather round the fireplace and allow me to wind your imagination with tales of fate and destiny, for there was one, one that did slay that foul troll Sawyer and sent him tumbling from his pedastal into an abyss so deep, nothing but his deaf cries can be heard to this day, for i mention the only.....Aethmeankiin....adminborn....

For King Vincenzo not only needed allies from the men of Admin-onia, he knew there had to be a special one. Seeing the dark cloud of trolldonia gaining strength with each passing day our King sent heralds to the farthest corners of his kingdom to find the one they called Adminborn.

For weeks they strove to unearth this legendary hero, yet none prevailed, weeks slowly turned with no notice as each herald slunk back to their King knowing they had failed him. Yet our King was just and fair, instead of punishing the heralds he treated them with kindness as he knew they had given their all, yet he knew his kingdom was now doomed for all the heralds had returned and his scouts had reported the armies of Sawyer son of none were on the move.

Yet the adminborn had heard his name being called, on a spring summers eve as he was entertaining the local nobles wives with his many techniques and his devishly good looks, a faint whisper came to him on the breeze. 'Adminborn, adminborn' it cried, ignoring the whims of fate the adminborn continued to plogh into the furrowed ground....'adminborn, adminborn' came the cry getting stronger with each chant until a crescendo of his name rang in his ears.

Turning to face the breeze as it ruffled his lustrous locks he calmly let loose a roar 'Fucking trolls, can't i get no peace away from the way of the world and allow me for once to enjoy this' pointing at the Lady of Hrao whom was casually re-dressing herself and scurrying away from the adminborns anger.....

....yet the adminborn had not been called fast enough for already the Battle of Strangefields had been fought and our King was in full retreat.

Gathering his gear, and his trusty steed known only as 'Admin Horsie' he set off in search of this Sawyer whom he knew he had to slay or be slain, yet fate had a different plan for our esteemed hero. Galloping across meadows, passing brooks, stopping for nothing except water and food, not even to court the fair ladies which he had so often visited yet my lads i can see you getting rowdy that is a differnt story for another time, now bring me some more ale and allow us to continue....

...For fate was with him that day, her soft hand guided his touch and her voice twisted his thoughts and strayed him to the path of rightousness, for on the sixth day of the week of the Battle of Strangefield the adminborn stumbled across the forces of Admin-onia. Sitting atop a hill with the sun blazing behind him burnishing his armour in the morning suns golden rays he seemed to the forces below to be the reincarnate of the Gods that used to govern the land that was now tormented by the whims of war.

Yet to the adminborn the forces below were his hope, these men were countrymen and the very best, they all knew their duty and were ready to defend it and some even to die for it, fate had guided him and he would grasp it with both hands riding the whims of fate to the core of his destiny.

The Adminborn pushed the men of Admin-onia ever onward, forcing their pace to an impossible rate the miles flew by as they raced to aid their King in his war against Sawyer. Yet they were late arriving as Vinces forces were already engaged being overcome slowly yet painfully, for each man they killed more took their place, but for Vince each man that died could not be replenished fast enough. Seeing the last of his men crumple Vince fell back against the onslaught, blows denting his shield, slicing chunks from his armour until finally he was forced to one knee and his shield ripped from his hand by grasping fingers.

Raising his head he stared into the malevolent eyes of Sawyer a malicious grin upon his face....

'Ah how the mighty have fallen, bow to me Vince and i will make you my court jester' Sawyer whispered in a squaky voice
Despite himself Vince began to laugh at the immaturity before him, looking once more at Sawyer he spat at him and awaited the final blow'

Yet the adminborn had come, with a cry 'For the Brohirrim' the forces of Admin-onia burst from the trees, ripping into the flanks of these trolls, the men of the admin had come at last. Their strikes ringing hard and fast, their faces smeared with the blood of their foes they were an unstoppable force, each armed with a blessed Banhammer from Vinces small but modest collection.

To Sawyer this was the end, he turned to Vince ready to strike, his blade already moving yet the adminborn in his incandescent glory had other ideas. With a shout that rang the heavens the words of Fus Ro Ban rang forth and Sawyer was flung from the cliffside into the abyss below where he rots today and his bones are slowly stripped of their flesh.

Reaching down the Adminborn hauled Vince to his feet, looking into his eyes he said 'Aren't you a little bit old for this shit now', with a laugh and a wink the adminborn returned to the fray, his strikes guided by fate, his shouts leaving swaths of foes dead before him.

That my friends is the story of the adminborn

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:07:36 pm by Crusader »
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Stubbs

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 05:54:50 pm »
Aye tis true my wee laddie that that was indeed one fine damn story, yet pray tell why you missed out the most important part....this is how the admonian army came to be, come gather round the fireplace and allow me to wind your imagination with tales of fate and destiny, for there was one, one that did slay that foul troll Sawyer and sent him tumbling from his pedastal into an abyss so deep, nothing but his deaf cries can be heard to this day, for i mention the only.....adminborn....

For King Vincenzo not only needed allies from the men of Admin-onia, he knew there had to be a special one. Seeing the dark cloud of trolldonia gaining strength with each passing day our King sent heralds to the farthest corners of his kingdom to find the one they called Adminborn.

For weeks they strove to unearth this legendary hero, yet none prevailed, weeks slowly turned with no notice as each herald slunk back to their King knowing they had failed him. Yet our King was just and fair, instead of punishing the heralds he treated them with kindness as he knew they had given their all, yet he knew his kingdom was now doomed for all the heralds had returned and his scouts had reported the armies of Sawyer son of none were on the move.

Yet the adminborn had heard his name being called, on a spring summers eve as he was entertaining the local nobles wives with his many techniques and his devishly good looks, a faint whisper came to him on the breeze. 'Adminborn, adminborn' it cried, ignoring the whims of fate the adminborn continued to plogh into the furrowed ground....'adminborn, adminborn' came the cry getting stronger with each chant until a crescendo of his name rang in his ears.

Turning to face the breeze as it ruffled his lustrous locks he calmly let loose a roar 'Fucking trolls, can't i get no peace away from the way of the world and allow me for once to enjoy this' pointing at the Lady of Hrao whom was casually re-dressing herself and scurrying away from the adminborns anger.....

....yet the adminborn had not been called fast enough for already the Battle of Strangefields had been fought and our King was in full retreat.

EDIT: still typing :3

This is great! People feel free to add to the story, it makes it interesting and fun!

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 06:07:58 pm »
Added a bit more :3

Gathering his gear, and his trusty steed known only as 'Admin Horsie' he set off in search of this Sawyer whom he knew he had to slay or be slain, yet fate had a different plan for our esteemed hero. Galloping across meadows, passing brooks, stopping for nothing except water and food, not even to court the fair ladies which he had so often visited yet my lads i can see you getting rowdy that is a differnt story for another time, now bring me some more ale and allow us to continue....

...For fate was with him that day, her soft hand guided his touch and her voice twisted his thoughts and strayed him to the path of rightousness, for on the sixth day of the week of the Battle of Strangefield the adminborn stumbled across the forces of Admin-onia. Sitting atop a hill with the sun blazing behind him burnishing his armour in the morning suns golden rays he seemed to the forces below to be the reincarnate of the Gods that used to govern the land that was now tormented by the whims of war.

Yet to the adminborn the forces below were his hope, these men were countrymen and the very best, they all knew their duty and were ready to defend it and some even to die for it, fate had guided him and he would grasp it with both hands riding the whims of fate to the core of his destiny.

The Adminborn pushed the men of Admin-onia ever onward, forcing their pace to an impossible rate the miles flew by as they raced to aid their King in his war against Sawyer. Yet they were late arriving as Vinces forces were already engaged being overcome slowly yet painfully, for each man they killed more took their place, but for Vince each man that died could not be replenished fast enough. Seeing the last of his men crumple Vince fell back against the onslaught, blows denting his shield, slicing chunks from his armour until finally he was forced to one knee and his shield ripped from his hand by grasping fingers.

Raising his head he stared into the malevolent eyes of Sawyer a malicious grin upon his face....

'Ah how the mighty have fallen, bow to me Vince and i will make you my court jester' Sawyer whispered in a squaky voice
Despite himself Vince began to laugh at the immaturity before him, looking once more at Sawyer he spat at him and awaited the final blow'

Yet the adminborn had come, with a cry 'For the Brohirrim' the forces of Admin-onia burst from the trees, ripping into the flanks of these trolls, the men of the admin had come at last. Their strikes ringing hard and fast, their faces smeared with the blood of their foes they were an unstoppable force, each armed with a blessed Banhammer from Vinces small but modest collection.

To Sawyer this was the end, he turned to Vince ready to strike, his blade already moving yet the adminborn in his incandescent glory had other ideas. With a shout that rang the heavens the words of Fus Ro Ban rang forth and Sawyer was flung from the cliffside into the abyss below where he rots today and his bones are slowly stripped of their flesh.

Reaching down the Adminborn hauled Vince to his feet, looking into his eyes he said 'Aren't you a little bit old for this shit now', with a laugh and a wink the adminborn returned to the fray, his strikes guided by fate, his shouts leaving swaths of foes dead before him.

I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
[/quote]

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 06:16:37 pm »
Well, given that we seem to have multiple stories developing here, I might as well add my own. Bear in mind that this is a continuation to a bit of character lore I've been developing over several years, so not every aspect will be explained here.

I'll include theme music for each part, 'cos, y'know, theme music is awesome.

The Saga of Blobdominica - The Call of Fate

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Am4cHMBKM[/youtube]

Upon conclusion of the fabled Blobwars between the Blobdominican forces and the Blobs of the White Hand, the Blobdominican Empire began to rebuild their ravaged territories. The heartlands were relatively untouched, but the border territories had been razed by the marauding White Hand warbands. It was amidst this flurry of reconstruction that an envoy arrived from King Vincenzo. At first unable to find the current emperor (Blobdominicus III), the Envoy was forced to travel to the very edge of the Blobdominican lands to deliver his message, where the Emperor was overseeing the development of his royal fleet.

Upon hearing of his ally's plight, the Emperor was sorely grieved, but as he explained to the envoy - all of the Blobdominican forces were tied up holding the borders against the growing might of Seymour's Quebecan army, or reconstructing what was left of the Borderlands. The only Blobdominican forces available were the crew of a small Blobdominican frigate (The HBS Avenger), and a single company of his Royal Scouts. Without hesitation Blobdominicus summoned the Frigate's Captain, Commander Blobmania (Of Blobtopia).

"Captain!", The Emperor demanded, "When can you have your vessel fit for a sea voyage to the FSE lands? We have recieved a call for aid from our esteemed allies!"
The commander was, of course, a little surprised at his lord's urgency, but quickly responded:
"As soon as we get our powder and marines loaded, my liege".
The Emperor gave a bark of laughter.
"Good! Then go and make ready, Captain! Make sure to pack your powder tight - you'll like as not be needing it soon!"
"Well, see if you can't make room for some of my Scouts as well, they'll be accompanying you, and Capt. Fortune is anxious for a good fight!" The Emperor added as his Commander hurried away to make his preparations.

And so it was that the HBS Avenger put to sea that Spring evening, carrying an FSE envoy and a full company of Blobdominican Royal Scouts. Little did they know the tragedies and trials ahead of them.

- To be continued when I've got the time ;)
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Stubbs

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 12:46:22 am »
Added a bit more :3

Spoiler

[close]

Hilarious!

Also, I really loved you story Blob. I'm looking forward to hearing about what happens to the FSE Envoys!

Who knows, I may create a NW writers group/guild!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:48:00 am by Stubbs »

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 01:26:23 am »
Very funny! Though im expecting a lock soon  :-\

Haha, Why?

A nice piece. Needs moar characters mentioned by name though, *cough cough*.
Pod sees a lock in every thread, his crystal ball is discombobulated.

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 01:47:56 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk
[/youtube]
Even then inside Napoleonic Waria there was revolution brewing
Political factions inside of Napoleonic Waria began a sad and short battle
for the first five days there was nothing but bloodshed. neither side would give in. their holy war forced them to continue.
meanwhile all Vincenzo did was watch, the blood kept flowing until the last minute of the battle. where the last two soldier's fought eachother.
when the final battle was over and one of the soldiers breathed his last breath vince looked up into the sky and looked for a answer, as did the people who still survived.
broken, beaten and bleeding the soldier held the banner they had all died for.
it was the banner of the Revolutionaries.
and this was their story.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 02:00:27 am »
 I feel special, for I have received a private reading of this, by the one and only Stubbs.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 02:01:46 am »
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk
[/youtube]
Even then inside Napoleonic Waria there was revolution brewing
Political factions inside of Napoleonic Waria began a sad and short battle
for the first five days there was nothing but bloodshed. neither side would give in. their holy war forced them to continue.
meanwhile all Vincenzo did was watch, the blood kept flowing until the last minute of the battle. where the last two soldier's fought eachother.
when the final battle was over and one of the soldiers breathed his last breath vince looked up into the sky and looked for a answer, as did the people who still survived.
broken, beaten and bleeding the soldier held the banner they had all died for.
it was the banner of the Revolutionaries.
and this was their story.

[close]

Oh now come on. Why bring that here, of all places. Why bring it here, somewhere that was once pure and good!
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 05:04:22 am »
I had my good laughs, Nice one guys! ^^
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Stubbs

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 05:11:20 am »
I had my good laughs, Nice one guys! ^^

Salcos has graced me with his presence! Glad you enjoyed the stories, looking forward to seeing many more from people within the community!

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 05:11:49 pm »
Sexy adminborn will return once he is less hungover
[/quote]

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 08:09:50 pm »

Huzzah :D Cant wait.

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 08:15:25 pm »

Huzzah :D Cant wait.

Neither can i this hangover is killing me
[/quote]