16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 979738 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #23 Christmas Update Pg235)
« Reply #4860 on: January 28, 2014, 04:36:28 am »
Seriously, locking the thread wouldn't be a poor idea.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Thvle

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4861 on: January 28, 2014, 04:46:07 am »
The females will be disabled in the mod? I mean for the vote to #1

Offline Lanius

• Sergeant Major
  • ''A man without faith believes in nothing.''
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: January 28, 2014, 04:54:37 am »
The females will be disabled in the mod? I mean for the vote to #1

The females would only really make sense as nurses on the battlefield. I don't think very many male players that use female characters or female characters using female characters are going to enjoy having to run up and heal everyone with barely any defense for themselves during a battle. I know I wouldn't.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #4863 on: January 28, 2014, 06:01:34 am »
We've set a specific release date. However, it's not exactly all good news. Unfortunately, the mod will release outside of our previously set time frame on February 14th, 2014. We, the team, apologize deeply for this and hope people will show understanding. After evaluating our resources, we've determined that this is the best course of action to ensure a successful mod release.

Before I move on, I'd like to remind everybody that this is a non-profit mod that is being developed by people dedicating their free time to create something for the community to enjoy. It is our call when to release the mod.

Now, the question is 'why?'. The answer is that we're halfway through implementation of some features and we're lacking maps. These extra days will allow us to finish some big features that we've been working on, the most important of which are the heavy machine-guns. We do not want to cut out any work-in-progress features out of release. We have considered releasing the mod in it's current state and patching it shortly, however, we decided against it. The first release is of utmost importance to a Warband multiplayer mod's survival which is why we want ours to be as complete as possible. The IE team consists of many veteran modders who've modded for years and have participated in the creation of multiple mods and we are certain that this is the best course of action for a successful mod release. As well, these extra days give us the opportunity to work on some fancy surprise features.

Originally, there was going to be a large update with lots of new stuff along with this announcement, but due to closed beta leaks, it'll be a smaller one as I've spent my entire day trying to suppress the leak. A warning for all of you, if you somehow obtain the Iron Europe closed beta through a leak and are caught playing on the server, you will be banned from all IE servers and it will last a certain, very long, period time even after release. Plus, if you're smart, you'll tell a team member how you obtained the mod. If you are someone who leaked the mod, and have contributed to its spread, then you will receive a permanent ban from all IE servers.

Anyways, here's a bit of stuff for you guys to enjoy, showing some gameplay, gramophones, and heavy machineguns. All a work in progress of course. Sorry for the quality, I messed up the export and don't have the time to fix it due to the above reason.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vnMrjNyCgo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:18:50 am by Rigadoon »

Offline LordAdder

• First Lieutenant
  • I LOVE the round things!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John_Adder
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Release Announced: Feb 14, 2014 Pg325)
« Reply #4864 on: January 28, 2014, 06:10:00 am »
Huh, so It's not coming out in January :/

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #4865 on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:14 am »
nooooooo!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Paul

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: January 28, 2014, 06:13:16 am »
Will gas be included in this new release?

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: January 28, 2014, 06:17:17 am »
can't wait to see what the editor looks like

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4868 on: January 28, 2014, 06:23:08 am »
Spoiler
We've set a specific release date. However, it's not exactly all good news. Unfortunately, the mod will release outside of our previously set time frame on February 14th, 2014. We, the team, apologize deeply for this and hope people will show understanding. After evaluating our resources, we've determined that this is the best course of action to ensure a successful mod release.

Before I move on, I'd like to remind everybody that this is a non-profit mod that is being developed by people dedicating their free time to create something for the community to enjoy. It is our call when to release the mod.

Now, the question is 'why?'. The answer is that we're halfway through implementation of some features and we're lacking maps. These extra days will allow us to finish some big features that we've been working on, the most important of which are the heavy machine-guns. We do not want to cut out any work-in-progress features out of release. We have considered releasing the mod in it's current state and patching it shortly, however, we decided against it. The first release is of utmost importance to a Warband multiplayer mod's survival which is why we want ours to be as complete as possible. The IE team consists of many veteran modders who've modded for years and have participated in the creation of multiple mods and we are certain that this is the best course of action for a successful mod release. As well, these extra days give us the opportunity to work on some fancy surprise features.

Originally, there was going to be a large update with lots of new stuff along with this announcement, but due to closed beta leaks, it'll be a smaller one as I've spent my entire day trying to suppress the leak. You can thank MadManYo and TomahawkAU for that. A warning for all of you, if you somehow obtain the Iron Europe closed beta through a leak and are caught playing on the server, you will be banned from all IE servers and it will last a certain, very long, period time even after release. Plus, if you're smart, you'll tell a team member how you obtained the mod. If you are the one who leaked the mod, and have contributed to its spread, then you will receive a permanent ban from all IE servers.

Anyways, here's a bit of stuff for you guys to enjoy, showing some gameplay, gramophones, and heavy machineguns. All a work in progress of course. Sorry for the quality, I messed up the export and don't have the time to fix it due to the above reason.

[close]

All is well. A finished, slightly delayed mod is far preferable to an unfinished prematurely released mod. I trust this will ensure its quality and long term survival.

People who complain about the release date need to remember exactly what they're waiting for. Will a buggy, unfinished product really live up to your massive expectations that you've accrued over the long wait? I'm fairly sure that if the mod is released in its current state these same people will just begin to complain about the very things that the devs warned against, that they completely ignored for their lust of immediate gratification. Good things come to people with patience.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: January 28, 2014, 06:29:55 am »
yaaaaaaaaaaay! The mod will be released fairly complete, and in the near future too! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)!
fix'd ;)

Spoiler

Originally, there was going to be a large update with lots of new stuff along with this announcement, but due to closed beta leaks, it'll be a smaller one as I've spent my entire day trying to suppress the leak. You can thank MadManYo and TomahawkAU for that. A warning for all of you, if you somehow obtain the Iron Europe closed beta through a leak and are caught playing on the server, you will be banned from all IE servers and it will last a certain, very long, period time even after release. Plus, if you're smart, you'll tell a team member how you obtained the mod. If you are the one who leaked the mod, and have contributed to its spread, then you will receive a permanent ban from all IE servers.

[close]

All is well. A finished, slightly delayed mod is far preferable to an unfinished prematurely released mod. I trust this will ensure its quality and long term survival.

People who complain about the release date need to remember exactly what they're waiting for. Will a buggy, unfinished product really live up to your massive expectations that you've accrued over the long wait? I'm fairly sure that if the mod is released in its current state these same people will just begin to complain about the very things that the devs warned against, that they completely ignored for their lust of immediate gratification. Good things come to people with patience.
+1
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Museal

• Donator
  • 9e Col Museal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Museal
« Reply #4870 on: January 28, 2014, 06:42:12 am »
Hahaha oh well you can claim it's a slightly l8 birthday present for me if it's coming out that day and if we are w8ing for those things then no one can complain they can only complain if they have lost there bets.

Note: those hmg's won't be able to stop me when I'm seeking glory in a grand glory charge ;D
(NW) 9e Col Museal + (IE) 2ndDLI Col Museal  + (BI) Nr2_GrenWut_Ob_Museal + (NaS)(Union Brigade) UB 4thMI MajGen Museal  + (1812) LVQ_Col_Museal+ (AZ) HMSBC_Museal +(BCOF) 4thMI Col Museal

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #4871 on: January 28, 2014, 06:49:14 am »
really sorry about the download link that was posted everyone, we here in AUS are going to find those responsible. we have a hunch as to who it may be, but wont say anything yet as its just a hunch.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: January 28, 2014, 06:50:20 am »
Anyone who leaks the mod before the intended release date in these forums will get a mute and even a possible ban. Do not try it.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #4873 on: January 28, 2014, 06:52:24 am »
Anyone who leaks the mod before the intended release date in these forums will get a mute and even a possible ban. Do not try it.

As I said in the PM, thanks so much for your quick response. I imagine dupes are coming.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: January 28, 2014, 06:57:31 am »
No problem. I'd make the TaleWorlds mods aware too.

Once again, to make this official it isn't worth leaking this mod will be punished with mutes and possible bans from the forums. Just wait two weeks or more like everyone else. It isn't worth getting locked out from the mod or the community.