Author Topic: MMA Thread  (Read 55196 times)

Offline purplishdragon

• Second Lieutenant
  • hey pussy are you still there?
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: MMA Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2018, 06:35:29 am »
COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!COLBY!

Offline Alator

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [v75]Alator
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2018, 11:01:28 pm »
That Overeem loss hurt to see, I think he still has it in him to fight top 10 guys but as his main weapons are kicks and knees a wrestler as good as Blaydes is a bad matchup. I feel like he would have starched him like he did to Lesnar in his prime though.

That's not to say that I thought he did well, as careful as he fights he should have thrown more.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2018, 11:09:16 pm »
That Overeem loss hurt to see, I think he still has it in him to fight top 10 guys but as his main weapons are kicks and knees a wrestler as good as Blaydes is a bad matchup. I feel like he would have starched him like he did to Lesnar in his prime though.

That's not to say that I thought he did well, as careful as he fights he should have thrown more.
I think he's filled his punch card quite a few fights ago. It may be time for him to retire and become a coach or something like that.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Alator

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [v75]Alator
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2018, 11:16:13 pm »

I think he's filled his punch card quite a few fights ago. It may be time for him to retire and become a coach or something like that.

Imo he should do one last, if he struggles (even if he wins) he should probably retire. If he loses he should definitely retire. I don't want to see him go more than 2-3 more fights. The fact that he put out Mark Hunt and won against Werdum only last year makes me sort of sit on the fence when it comes to him. That said I hope he goes up against someone who doesn't have the ridiculous power like Ngannou or wrestling like Blaydes so he can retire off a win.

While I respect Blaydes, his style is so boring and I hope Stipe knocks him out cold.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2018, 11:17:50 pm »
Colby better smack the shit out of Woodley now. That was a damn good night for combat sports. Boxing > UFC still tho tbh. Leo Santa Cruz vs Abner Mares was too good of a fight last night. Also it was entertaining to see Horn get his shit pushed in by Crawford. But UFC is definitely back on track tho after 225.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Oatmeal

« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2018, 11:21:05 pm »
boxing is fixed GGG won the canelo fight comfortably

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2018, 11:31:19 pm »
boxing is fixed GGG won the canelo fight comfortably
It's still more entertaining than MMA. But look at the Whittaker fight. Judges had Whittaker winning the 4th and 5th rounds LOL. Like what the actual fuck is that. Judges are bad in all sports.

Oatmeal

« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2018, 12:09:23 am »
theres a difference between judges fucking up and corruption

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2018, 01:38:28 am »
Romero won the 3rd 4th and 5th rounds imo and you could even argue a 10-8 for the 5th.

Tyron is a horrible matchup for Colby lol

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2018, 02:28:32 am »
Whittaker took 1, 2, and 4 pretty easily. In 4 Whittaker got wobbled a little but he didn't go down and Romero didn't do anything with it. Whittaker still outstruck him in the round and walked him down most of the time. Like 3 or 5 could be considered for a 10-8 but for 3, Whittaker got rocked but Yoel didn't really do anything with it. In 5 Yoel was a bit more offensive so I can see a 10-8 for that round.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2018, 03:10:56 am »
Yoel had the most damaging shots in rounds 3 4 and 5

Most damaging strikes >higher quantity of strikes
He dropped and wobbled him multiple times throughout those rounds too. Whittaker never really landed HUGE significant strikes like Romero besides that head kick in the 3rd round and a couple others maybe that didnt really hurt Romero at all.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2018, 03:20:00 am »
I think we can all agree Yoel is the best athlete over 40 in the world. Also, Whittaker seems scared to fight him again. He wouldn't say anything about a rematch lol. I don't blame him.

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2018, 03:53:16 am »
theres a difference between judges fucking up and corruption
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2018, 03:57:46 am »
Whittaker 1,2 and 4. When Romero wobbled whittaker in the last 20 seconds, I don't feel that negates what whittaker was doing for the whole other 4 minutes. He was out striking Yoel pretty handily. I could see a 47-47 draw though, as someone could argue 10-8 for round 5.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline purplishdragon

• Second Lieutenant
  • hey pussy are you still there?
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2018, 10:32:22 pm »
Whittaker 1,2 and 4. When Romero wobbled whittaker in the last 20 seconds, I don't feel that negates what whittaker was doing for the whole other 4 minutes. He was out striking Yoel pretty SINGLE handily. I could see a 47-47 draw though, as someone could argue 10-8 for round 5.