Author Topic: 2019 is for me the end of NW  (Read 21051 times)

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
  • Side: Neutral
2019 is for me the end of NW
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:43:05 pm »
Hi everyone,

To those who don't know me, I'm Fotin, I'm playing this game since the summer of 2014. I consider myself as a "competitive player" since the end of 2015, when I joined FrenchTouch.

Today I'm making this topic to share my disappointment about the current NW community. Since 2019 started, I feel like NW is less competitive, people aren't taking the competitions as seriously as in the last year. Also, there is a lack of number of players taking part in the tournaments. I got simple examples to show it : we're having a fucking nice Duel League and like only 10% of the players that signed up are taking it seriously. Tonight there was a 8v8 tournament : 10 teams only took part in it. I'm hosting the 3rd melee depletion tournament and there is not even 64 players (which is the minimum) to play the tournament.

John Price (or Chriseh) is hosting a new EIC tournament, I really encourage this type of competitions but... I am scared to not have enough people to play it.
I know we're playing on an old game now, and that probably is one of the reasons that explains why the competition is dying, but to me it's not the only reason.

We have an unreliable community. I'm so sad to see that some organizers of leagues spend so many time in this game for nothing. MarxeiL is organizing the TDL (Tiered Duel League), I am one of the moderators in it, and I receive too many messages of the signed up players on Steam saying that this league is useless or shit. Can you please explain me why you signed up if you think that this league is shit ? No. No one can explain it.
Then my theory is symply that people engage themselves in taking part into the competition but they often don't do it, that is why I call our community an unreliable community.

These are the two reasons why, for me, NW competition in 2019 is dead : The game becomes too old and you can't count on the community. And trust me that I'm sad to see this, I hope that Bannerlord will come soon.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:59:35 pm by Fotin »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: 2019 is for me the end of NW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:54:45 pm »
In general 1v1 tournaments are more accessible to all tiers of regiments compared to Groupfights. At least with a 1v1 tourney there is a chance for more than just a few regiments.

Using my own experience as an example, I never signed 18e up for RGL etc. most seasons because frankly we were terrible at groupfighting. As a regiment we were always more leant towards the casual side, but leagues like NWL were more competitive as they don't require as much commitment to Practice and Training. At least for a regiment that isn't already the best at groupfighting I guess.

With regards to smaller GF tournaments, RGT we were able to fill all slots like we usually do, but I think GF teams are just fading while people lose interest which is a shame but they aren't exactly exciting and full of variety.

EIC we are hopeful that we will fill all the slots. There has been some interest so we will at least be able to get 2 groups of 6 which I think is still respectable for how small the top tier competitive scene is at the moment.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:56:26 pm »
Aye i agree with you Fotin

Offline Sir Obelix

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
  • attaquant au FC Oven
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 10:35:35 am »
everyone left NW for Apex Legend, no joke
Obelix geldi yala sonda zülfikar bunu kaç kere kovmuştu trollüyor tk atıyor diye ama iyi oynuyo ondan geldi demek.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 10:41:51 am »
tl;dr goodbye fucking loser

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 11:26:46 am »
Janne as tactful as ever.  8)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Aztir

• Donator
  • Age of Napoleon Team lead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 11:35:55 am »
there is still a casual side of NW  :-*
the competetive part is dead. RIP

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 12:10:59 pm »
I mean there's still a large competitive community, but the problem for too long now has been the constant spam of tournaments and competitions, people are eventually going to get bored of signing up to get shit on every week.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 12:16:01 pm »
I said that a few years ago, the moment you start doing 4-5 tournaments in a month people really aren't going to take them all seriously anymore. You used to have one gf tournament a month, sometimes two or sometimes none even so each tournament was treated much more seriously.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 12:19:36 pm »
I said that a few years ago, the moment you start doing 4-5 tournaments in a month people really aren't going to take them all seriously anymore. You used to have one gf tournament a month, sometimes two or sometimes none even so each tournament was treated much more seriously.
Yup I've said it a few times that some sort of group of organisers/team leaders needs to be made to have some form of organisation to the scene and keep it fresh, but it would appear people prefer to win shitty spam tournies.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 12:21:00 pm »
Yup I've said it a few times that some sort of group of organisers/team leaders needs to be made to have some form of organisation to the scene and keep it fresh, but it would appear people prefer to win shitty spam tournies.
Cazasar mentioned this idea to me a good few months back but nothing ever came of it. I think it's a good idea but I believe certain hosts wouldn't adhere to the rule-set of the group anyway and would still just do things alone.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 12:23:07 pm »
Meanwhile mightypain announces another 5v5 zzzzzzzz

Cazasar mentioned this idea to me a good few months back but nothing ever came of it.
surprised ngl

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 12:24:12 pm »
Cazasar mentioned this idea to me a good few months back but nothing ever came of it. I think it's a good idea but I believe certain hosts wouldn't adhere to the rule-set of the group anyway and would still just do things alone.
In situations like that the idea would be to all boycott that tourney as a group

Offline Sir Obelix

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
  • attaquant au FC Oven
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 12:47:24 pm »
i think the game is dying bcs of toxic people like me but im not sure  :-\
so now i won't be toxic anymore i swear! for the sake of the community, i now become a good b0y!
Obelix geldi yala sonda zülfikar bunu kaç kere kovmuştu trollüyor tk atıyor diye ama iyi oynuyo ondan geldi demek.

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »
Yeah you guys are probably right, maybe there are too many tournaments so people don't take it seriously.