Poll

Who was the best meleer at his/hers peak?

JackieChan
41 (32.5%)
Axiom
15 (11.9%)
Maple
2 (1.6%)
Dj OVERJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(over joy get it?)
4 (3.2%)
Bill the Butcher
5 (4%)
Mang
8 (6.3%)
Sorry bout the rest vote here if you pick isn't on the list.
51 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: January 04, 2016, 01:25:32 pm

Author Topic: Clutches, and the best player you know  (Read 124948 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Clutches, and the best player you know
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2015, 05:26:30 am »
Gotta agree with Kore, Jackie was always the best ever. Only EU's could ever challenge him consistently though, so maybe if like ClaSh or Harrier took him down idk the best NA ever had to offer was Tammo or Lithios, and they were combined like 1-10 against him? Idk

Hey, my list was based on my experience in the community and the comp scene, so you shouldn't ignore it, but build on it.
i dont like bill. like at all, but i think he should have been on the list. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
Wasn't even talking about him, but here are my reasons why he wasn't on my list:
1. He was slightly relevant for 2-3 months, and at a time when all of the players on my list declined considerably.
2. He had one good tournament, and won it by default, after the other finalist, who would have won that matchup, forfeited.
3. Players who didn't decline, and even those who did, still beat him.
4. He showed up in public servers- and that's it. NA GF, Public Duel NA, but could never dominate in a gf tourny or be consistent in duel tournies. "King of practice"

He can be an honourable mention for believing himself best NA without doing anything worthwhile to prove that.

Putting him with Jackie, Harrier and ClaSh? Not even close.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:28:19 am by Theodin »

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2015, 05:38:49 am »
every NA tourney in which Jackie or Tammo were in the top 3, they took 1st. When they practiced and actually played NW and showed up for tournies they took 1st always.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2015, 05:56:19 am »
Since I didn't really play competitivly before 2015, my NA names, for 2015, would be- listed randomly.
Ap0c, Tammo, Lithios (When he came back), JackieChan, Maple, AsianP, Mitchell, Fireboy, Shine, DJ Overjoy, Puppy, Chev, Ritz, Suns, Kovy and Mang. (And me =P)
These were all players who, in 2015, had an impact in the competitive NA melee scene and were the "players to beat" so to speak.
I was talking about this list of players Theo. I never said Bill was better than Jackie or this other players. But Bill is probably better than atleast half these players including yourself. As far as I know, you didn't do anything worth mentioning. And you definitely weren't the most consistent in lbs.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2015, 07:17:23 am »
Forgot me on that list, Theo :'(

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2015, 09:10:22 am »
Don't forget about Zzehth, whenever I look on some tourney where Jackie was, Zzehth was always 2nd or 3rd xd

Also my top NA in EU players would be Jackie, Zzehth, Sleek, Redwall and recently Puppytron (the others I have not seen or I don't remember them xd)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:14:55 am by Kore »
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #350 on: December 03, 2015, 09:18:10 am »
Jackie was, is and will be the best
I know a lot of "top" EU players that would debate that, dunno about NA.
dw you are the best EU
Nah I'm not, I never was. I just think there were a fair few EU's better than him and myself.

I know :) The fact is that there is no best player, everyone can beat anyone
In consistency I'd say Evan, almost every 5v5 tournament he has been in he won, same goes for most tournaments he was in, but then basing it only on tournaments rules out players like Eddie who didn't attend many so anyway you judge it will be flawed (for EU at least).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2015, 09:22:44 am »
Jackie was, is and will be the best
I know a lot of "top" EU players that would debate that, dunno about NA.
dw you are the best EU
Nah I'm not, I never was. I just think there were a fair few EU's better than him and myself.

I know :) The fact is that there is no best player, everyone can beat anyone
In consistency I'd say Evan, almost every 5v5 tournament he has been in he won, same goes for most tournaments he was in, but then basing it only on tournaments rules out players like Eddie who didn't attend many so anyway you judge it will be flawed (for EU at least).
I based my opinion on duels mainly, but I agree with you. Evan's consistency was (and still is) great.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 03, 2015, 09:49:09 am »
Theodin's opinions never fail to amuse me

THEODINS OPINION IS GR8 GUISE. HE DIDNT PUT BILL IN HIS CLUTCH LIST WHICH MAKES HIS OPINION WORTH SO MUCH JA

DUDE THEODIN IS ALWAYS RITE BECAUSE HE SED SO11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

imo i think lawbringer was the best

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2015, 10:38:52 am »
Puppy was amazing on EU
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2015, 11:22:11 am »
Puppy was amazing on EU

I only duelled him once, which was on pub na duel but maybe he got better lol
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2015, 11:27:10 am »
Since I didn't really play competitivly before 2015, my NA names, for 2015, would be- listed randomly.
Ap0c, Tammo, Lithios (When he came back), JackieChan, Maple, AsianP, Mitchell, Fireboy, Shine, DJ Overjoy, Puppy, Chev, Ritz, Suns, Kovy and Mang. (And me =P)
These were all players who, in 2015, had an impact in the competitive NA melee scene and were the "players to beat" so to speak.
I was talking about this list of players Theo. I never said Bill was better than Jackie or this other players. But Bill is probably better than atleast half these players including yourself. As far as I know, you didn't do anything worth mentioning. And you definitely weren't the most consistent in lbs.
The Myth, The Legend

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2015, 02:01:49 pm »
I remember when FSE moderators did something about this type of threads.

But oh well, already beated the page record from the old melee skill thread.
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=15398.210

Shout out to the greatest player of all time Doxy.

I totally agree, Doxy and Dom13.

Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2015, 04:09:41 pm »
I think you would find that he actually wasn't. Everyone on that list, to my knowledge, beat him. About me? Nah, my lb scores weren't all that consistent, but when I was on fire it was hard to beat me (#epeen train).

I remember when I tried to make a thread like this, back in the day. Got locked after like 3 pages

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Lawbringer

« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »
Bill beat AsianP, Kovy, Suns, Mitchell and Mang.

Then again Theodin only hears of the things he wants to hear of.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:57:03 pm by Lawbringer »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2015, 06:08:19 pm »
Bill beat AsianP, Kovy, Suns, Mitchell and Mang.

Then again Theodin only hears of the things he wants to hear of.
And they all beat him back. Look, he got wins, but he was never dominant or in the conversation.