Poll

Who was the best meleer at his/hers peak?

JackieChan
41 (32.5%)
Axiom
15 (11.9%)
Maple
2 (1.6%)
Dj OVERJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(over joy get it?)
4 (3.2%)
Bill the Butcher
5 (4%)
Mang
8 (6.3%)
Sorry bout the rest vote here if you pick isn't on the list.
51 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: January 04, 2016, 01:25:32 pm

Author Topic: Clutches, and the best player you know  (Read 124946 times)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Clutches, and the best player you know
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2015, 05:51:57 am »
If we're talking clutch on public servers as well then my biggest one was on NW_EU1 back in the day when it was still populated. Got 4 kills during the round and was last man standing 13v1. Got shot once but survived and killed most in melee (though I probably shot 1 or 2) thus ending the round 17-0. Unfortunately I didn't upload the screen  back in the day and got a new PC so I don't have it anymore :(

Biggest clutch I've seen, hmm, probably Akame singlehandedly beating a whole regiment (maybe 10-12 people can't remember exactly) after we suicide charged them.
Also pretty fun to watch is this fight (not really a clutch though) by Jordan (a french dude, not sure if many people know him) back in the day against the 5pp. Start at 3 minutes.

Best players with the bayonet were probably Jackie, Akame, Harrier (if we were talking MM too I'd include ClaSh and Achilles but they rarely played NW). There are so many good players though, hard to make a top 10 out of that. I'll just throw some names together (not sorted or ranked) that could make up the top 10.

Riki, Axiom, Evan, Vikestad, Moskito, Robby, Yuriman, Flopz, Bessieres, Stephane (french), Mopin, Eddie, JHS, Xeon, Needsomemore, Graham, Melton, Whaleman, Vorlen, Herishey, Jammo, RebelliouS, Spartan, Sanitarium

There are/were tons of strong players but they wouldn't make it in the list imo, for different reason: Teamfights, Inconsitency, Variability, etc

Can't really talk about NA cause I don't know the scene that well, notable names for me would be Jackie, Zzetth, Sleek,Mathias

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2015, 09:18:03 am »
I'm surprised you put me in there as we never got to fight against/with each-other too much, but thanks.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2015, 12:37:18 am »
Duel : Xeon , JackieChan(Eu times) , Evanovic .
Groupfighters : Titan , Spacekiller , Robby , Vampyr(8Lr's leader)

And thanks to people who put down my name on their list but to be honest , Im shit .  ;D

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2015, 04:42:43 am »

And thanks to people who put down my name on their list but to be honest , Im shit;D

You are really good  ;D, Jackie always talked how insane/frustrating was fighting you.
Have a great day.
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2015, 05:41:45 am »

And thanks to people who put down my name on their list but to be honest , Im shit;D

You are really good  ;D, Jackie always talked how insane/frustrating was fighting you.
Have a great day.
Hell yeah, CA vs Turkey you were rolling through us like it was nothing

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2015, 10:05:41 am »
I clutched 12v1 on EU1 when I started playing NW
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
  • Side: Union
« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2015, 10:22:16 am »
Wow, I had not seen it before. Thank you to those who have talked about me, I will put a list soon

Tournesol

« Reply #247 on: November 26, 2015, 07:28:59 pm »
EU : Xeon, Evan, Mopin, Harrier, Rebellious,Mik,fatkoala, Axiom, Moskito, Whaleman, Bertman, JHS, Riki, Beorning.

FRA : Bessieres, Jordan, Raelsan, Spacekiller, Dren, Flopz, Stephane, Narrow

Offline Lt_Mitchell

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Mitchell
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2015, 08:43:18 am »
Since I didn't really play competitivly before 2015, my NA names, for 2015, would be- listed randomly.
Ap0c, Tammo, Lithios (When he came back), JackieChan, Maple, AsianP, Mitchell, Fireboy, Shine, DJ Overjoy, Puppy, Chev, Ritz, Suns, Kovy and Mang. (And me =P)
These were all players who, in 2015, had an impact in the competitive NA melee scene and were the "players to beat" so to speak.
O_o
♕ King BIll: ill play ur cock like a trombone

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2015, 02:58:38 pm »
Since I didn't really play competitivly before 2015, my NA names, for 2015, would be- listed randomly.
Ap0c, Tammo, Lithios (When he came back), JackieChan, Maple, AsianP, Mitchell, Fireboy, Shine, DJ Overjoy, Puppy, Chev, Ritz, Suns, Kovy and Mang. (And me =P)
These were all players who, in 2015, had an impact in the competitive NA melee scene and were the "players to beat" so to speak.
O_o
Ay dude, you've always been really good

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2015, 11:14:07 pm »
I agree with some parts of the list. But as for Shine, Kovy, Suns, and DJ, I disagree with them. Imo Shine wasn't all that good an used fireboys name to climb up the ranks, I've always been able to kill Shine with ease. In Dj's case he came back towards the later time of 2015. He was aight but I wouldn't consider him top NA at the time. He was way better when he was in the 5th back in 2013-2014. And As for Kovy and Suns. Suns was decent but he just wasn't the same skill level in 2015 as he was in 2014, back in 2014 he used to shit on me, now its the otherway around and not to mention he lost to Rafael like 3 times when I used to be close to both of them. I wouldn't consider him top NA but he wasn't bad at all. Though in Kovy's case I don't see it at all, I beat him twice 7-2, Emo beat him twice 7-1, Rafael beat him 7-2. I've just never seen what was so hard to kill him. He just spins and spammed, no clue why people couldn't beat him.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline |Rafael|

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rafael
« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2015, 11:17:27 pm »
I agree with some parts of the list. But as for Shine, Kovy, Suns, and DJ, I disagree with them. Imo Shine wasn't all that good an used fireboys name to climb up the ranks, I've always been able to kill Shine with ease. In Dj's case he came back towards the later time of 2015. He was aight but I wouldn't consider him top NA at the time. He was way better when he was in the 5th back in 2013-2014. And As for Kovy and Suns. Suns was decent but he just wasn't the same skill level in 2015 as he was in 2014, back in 2014 he used to shit on me, now its the otherway around and not to mention he lost to Rafael like 3 times when I used to be close to both of them. I wouldn't consider him top NA but he wasn't bad at all. Though in Kovy's case I don't see it at all, I beat him twice 7-2, Emo beat him twice 7-1, Rafael beat him 7-2. I've just never seen what was so hard to kill him. He just spins and spammed, no clue why people couldn't beat him.
Ayyy lmao dunked on ^^^^^

Offline BillTheButcher

• First Lieutenant
  • King Of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2015, 01:46:20 am »
Alot of overrated players being mentioned  ;)

Mang probably has clutched more than anyone but he basically waits for everyone to die and then clutches lol.  And 7 ping  ;)

Puppytron is probably the best duelist I've faced, Doesn't fight desperately and doesn't have to hold his s key to keep up. surprised noone mentioned him lol...
But ofcourse we know alot of you are being biased and don't know what your talking about

Offline BillTheButcher

• First Lieutenant
  • King Of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2015, 01:52:06 am »
If that list is clutching, Mang is on there, but if it's skill? Nah
Mang is 10 times more skilled than you lol get real pal

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2015, 02:00:29 am »
If that list is clutching, Mang is on there, but if it's skill? Nah
Mang is 10 times more skilled than you lol get real pal
I have to agree, imo Mang is a bit better.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS