Author Topic: 5th Georgia Infantry Company A "Clinch Rifles" | EU 21+ Aged  (Read 2402 times)

Offline SC/HL-co.H Law

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy

5th Georgia Company A "Clinch Rifles"

The 5th Georgia Volunteer Infantry was organized on May 11, 1861, and surrendered on April 26, 1865.They were formed from 10 Companies in 1861[3] to be first posted in Florida under General Bragg, where they received their training. Their first combat assignment was on Santa Rosa Island off the coast of Florida.The assault on the Island resulted in a victory and early experience for the regiment. Following this, the regiment was posted in early 1862 to Knoxville, Tennessee, and Corinth, Mississippi. They were ordered to move on Shiloh in April but arrived too late to participate in the battle. The regiment fought in and around Corinth until the end of May, when they were ordered to participate in the Invasion of Kentucky. Following that failure they were reassigned to battle in Murfreesboro. This proved devastating to the 5th Georgia, where they received 32% casualties along with their Colonel and the regimental battle flag.Following this defeat the regiment pulled back to Shelbyville, Tennessee, where it remained until they went to participate in the Tullahoma Campaign.

Come September 1863 the regiment was back in native Georgia. They suffered further casualties, 55%, at the Battle of Chickamauga.They participated in the Siege of Chattanooga on Missionary Ridge until they were driven from their position and fell back with the rest of the Army of Tennessee. The regiment suffered through a series of battles in their retreat through Georgia in early 1864 and served as prison guards until being moved to the South Carolina coast late that year. They fought to protect the Charleston and Savannah railroad, losing the battle flag a second time as they were forced to retreat. The 5th continued in retreat with the rest of the Confederate Army through North Carolina. They participated in the Battle of Bentonville in March, launching an assault against the Federal XX Corp, where they encountered devastating fire and were forced to fall back. The Army of Tennessee surrendered on April 26, 1865, where a few members of the regiment were present to witness the surrender at the Bennett Homestead.

• Cpt. Law
  • Sgt. Ruuger
  • Cpl. Eraser
  • Infantry count: 15 active*
  • Reserve list: 5*
  • Total: 23

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:51:58 pm by SC/HL-co.H Law »

Offline JanŚnieg | JonSnow

• First Lieutenant
  • 18pp_Adj_JerzyBurza
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: 5th Georgia Infantry Company A "Clinch Rifles"
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 11:14:36 am »
Good Luck!

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 08:25:59 am »
Good luck

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 11:32:23 am »
Good Luck!

Offline WolfVallixx

• Volunteer
  • "yee-yee" - Granger Smith
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1stSC-HQ]Col.Winston
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 05:22:04 am »
Good Luck!

Offline SC/HL-co.H Law

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 06:41:16 am »
Thank you all for the welcome message

Offline RagingMozart

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NW: 1stFG || BCoF: 83rdPA
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 11:19:50 am »
Isn't the name taken by the thread right below this one?

Offline Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th Maine Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 03:57:13 pm »
Isn't the name taken by the thread right below this one?

By Francis, but eh. i like this thread~

Offline Lee

• Private
  • 11th Mississippi Infantry Confederate Army
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Spades
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 07:02:12 pm »
The regiment has already been reserved. There are tons of non claimed regiments to choose from.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=28257.0

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 07:24:27 pm »
The regiment has already been reserved. There are tons of non claimed regiments to choose from.

You cannot Claim Names or "reserve" them it doesn't matter if another group makes a thread.

Offline RagingMozart

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 08:44:27 pm »

You cannot Claim Names or "reserve" them it doesn't matter if another group makes a thread.

What do these rules mean then?:  From this thread

1.A name I want to use has already been claimed! Now what?

Pick another, there's plenty of choice.

2.Some guy has a company letter in its regiment's name, that means I can claim the other companies, right?

No. Unless he gives permission, no.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 08:49:04 pm by Keverclin159 »

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 09:27:55 pm »

2.Some guy has a company letter in its regiment's name, that means I can claim the other companies, right?

2. If your unit disbands, close down the thread. We will remove threads that have been inactive for a very long time.
Very few if any regiments on this thread are playing the game thus these regiments like the 5thGA haven't been playing Bcof. Have fun with that knowledge also the devs said you couldn't claim names you can join the discord and message one of them.

Offline RagingMozart

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 11:35:49 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
2. If your unit disbands, close down the thread. We will remove threads that have been inactive for a very long time.
Very few if any regiments on this thread are playing the game thus these regiments like the 5thGA haven't been playing Bcof. Have fun with that knowledge also the devs said you couldn't claim names you can join the discord and message one of them.

The rule below states otherwise:

Can I just claim a name by making a thread with its name and no content in it, other then 'Work in Progress'?

If you update the thread within a short period of time, sure. If you just plan on claiming a name and not doing anything with the thread until the game releases, then no.

By association, this means that if you DO make a thread and continually update it, you CAN claim the name.  If you don't then, you can't claim the name.  So, since Irish is updating his 5thGA thread, he does have a claim to the name, along with all other regimental threads that do update their BCoF threads.  This isn't my rule, it's what's pinned on the regimental board.  So Law does have to change his regimental name.

Now is anyone gonna actually enforce this?  Idk, but the rules are there, I'm just saying.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:26:34 am by Keverclin159 »

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 06:36:54 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Can I just claim a name by making a thread with its name and no content in it, other then 'Work in Progress'?

If you update the thread within a short period of time, sure. If you just plan on claiming a name and not doing anything with the thread until the game releases, then no.

By association, this means that if you DO make a thread and continually update it, you CAN claim the name.  If you don't then, you can't claim the name.  So, since Irish is updating his 5thGA thread, he does have a claim to the name, along with all other regimental threads that do update their BCoF threads.  This isn't my rule, it's what's pinned on the regimental board.  So Law does have to change his regimental name.

Now is anyone gonna actually enforce this?  Idk, but the rules are there, I'm just saying.
As you saw on the discord, ahhh none of this matters and gave fun.

Offline RagingMozart

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 09:09:02 am »
Spoiler

[close]

As you saw on the discord, ahhh none of this matters and gave fun.

True true, still nice to have rules tho regarding the forum board.