Author Topic: Rambo on Commander Battle still worked  (Read 1777 times)

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
  • Side: Neutral
Rambo on Commander Battle still worked
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:58:25 pm »
Hey, I was admining a commander battle server, and people were complaining of a rambo, I explained to them if a person was last alive then that's a real rambo and ok on the server. However I watched the guy rambo then died, then realized he had another unit. I found his last unit was at his spawn, nowhere even close to where he was ramboing a line. I had the rambo settings on, and I noticed they were working for the most part. I noticed his last unit wasn't a standard cav unit, but was a bugler. Not sure if that his last unit alive wasn't a standard unit was the reason the rambo worked. Just letting someone know

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
Re: Rambo on Commander Battle still worked
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 05:23:00 pm »
going off memory, if you have more than 3 bots, then the rambo stuff will apply.   if you are under 3 bots, it will not apply.  from what it sounds like, it is working as intended. 

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 03:54:14 pm »
ok so it's 3 and under, the rambo scripts won't work with 2 or less. Ok good to know

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 04:57:48 pm »
ok so it's 3 and under, the rambo scripts won't work with 2 or less. Ok good to know
it is under 4.

i spent a few minutes changing it up the code this morning.  will need to be tested to see if it works and if its worth keeping. i made it so if its under 4 bots, rather than just ignore the do no damage bit, i doubled the no rambo range.  if you are outside of that new range, then you wont do damage.

so lets say it is at 50 meters in game for everyone.  you end up with under 4 bots, you now have 100 meters.  maybe 1.5 instead of 2 times will be better.  idk.  it is a little exploitable in the current patch.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.