Author Topic: How to become a tier 1 NW PLAYER!! wow!  (Read 17952 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: How to become a tier 1 NW PLAYER!! wow!
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2022, 06:15:28 pm »
I don't think a competitive version is good, since that puts up accessibility barriers.

What barriers

another option would be to have a new 'NW Competitive' version (which removes the FOV slider), install WSE2 server-side and use the kicking script to kick people who don't have the NW Competitive version
This would mean you need to have the 'competitive version' downloaded to be allowed to play. Hardly seems necessary to enforce something like that if a server side solution exists.

I don't see how installing a competitive version is an issue, people aren't using it outside of NW (and if they are they won't be cheating anywhere else since there's no FOV slider!), such a strange comment - getting clarification on what he means by remote locking.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2022, 06:15:42 pm »
I don't think a competitive version is good, since that puts up accessibility barriers.

What barriers

another option would be to have a new 'NW Competitive' version (which removes the FOV slider), install WSE2 server-side and use the kicking script to kick people who don't have the NW Competitive version
This would mean you need to have the 'competitive version' downloaded to be allowed to play. Hardly seems necessary to enforce something like that if a server side solution exists.
Also gives no options for those who don't actually want it.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2022, 06:16:54 pm »

What barriers

Also gives no options for those who don't actually want it.

Yes, it wouldn't kick people out if you don't have, it detects if you're running WSE2 and does it's stuff based on that

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2022, 06:19:21 pm »
the lengths people will go to over having an extra slider that literally just changes the camera is insanity
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2022, 06:28:25 pm »

What barriers

I don't see how installing a competitive version is an issue, people aren't using it outside of NW (and if they are they won't be cheating anywhere else since there's no FOV slider!), such a strange comment
I interpreted your comment that the server would "kick people who don't have the NW Competitive version" as meaning that anyone not using the 'competitive version', whether they want to use the steam client or WSE2, has to have your version downloaded or the server kicks them. If you just mean a replacement version of WSE2 without the FOV slider then that's a fair solution. If you mean the former, then I strongly disagree everyone should have to have a new competitive client installed to be able to play.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2022, 06:33:03 pm »

What barriers

I don't see how installing a competitive version is an issue, people aren't using it outside of NW (and if they are they won't be cheating anywhere else since there's no FOV slider!), such a strange comment
I interpreted your comment that the server would "kick people who don't have the NW Competitive version" as meaning that anyone not using the 'competitive version', whether they want to use the steam client or WSE2, has to have your version downloaded or the server kicks them. If you just mean a replacement version of WSE2 without the FOV slider then that's a fair solution. If you mean the former, then I strongly disagree everyone should have to have a new competitive client installed to be able to play.

nah the latter

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2022, 06:38:13 pm »
Yeah that's what I got from it too.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2022, 08:11:03 pm »
personally its unfair advantage till everyone uses it.

Skaen

« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2022, 08:14:05 pm »
What if we let the FSE devs put it in a new update so everyone who doesn't know about it have it too :')

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2022, 08:44:33 pm »
personally its unfair advantage till everyone uses it.
what is unfair ?

Offline Brujo106

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Brujo
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2022, 09:30:49 pm »
I can agree with the performance bonus for those people who have problems to run warband, but come on guys be honest some of you were using this in secret for months or years trying to have an advantange above others players, since the last nations cup, some in France were using it, probably full of Poland aswell, some in RT are using it, Renegades as well and a lot of more people for sure. (out of wse2 i cant imagine the amount of autoblockers playing competitive)

Wse2 can improve the performance, fix some client visual bugs, but some players told me chambers and kicks are easier to do, the problem is not only have a higher fov (so be able to see the full players in the arena at the same time to evade backstabs or sidestabs), out of groupfight scene you can decrease the fov to minimun in 1st person to literally zoom, you can set any key to do ctrl+j with the horse, can dismount with a key without having to look the ground pressing ''F'', you can drop your shield without sheathing the weapon first and probably others tricks im missing right now. For the native or cav players, you guys dont think it is cheating? It is allowed in native tournaments? in an imaginary LAN battle of bucharest 2022 would Taleworlds allow to use this?

Be honest and recognize it can give you some advantages, so it can be consider a cheat, but hey if the community wants to keep using it just say it is a ''legal cheat'' free for everyone to be used.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 03:46:30 am by Brujo106 »

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2022, 12:20:42 am »
This Brujo guy spitting bare facts right now, legend

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2022, 12:46:26 am »
Spoiler

[close]
fietta fine with his rt teammates using it a month ago but not the rest of nw 🤣💀🤣🤣💀 🤣💀 🤣💀 🤣💀

Offline Brujo106

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Brujo
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2022, 12:51:22 am »
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2870889122
higher resolution should be banned????

the guy in that screenshot is literally using wse2 to do that so...

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2022, 02:04:09 am »
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2870889122
higher resolution should be banned????

the guy in that screenshot is literally using wse2 to do that so...
i can use the same resolution in M&B without wse..