Author Topic: Was there ever an answer to why melee was not as good as mount & musket?  (Read 4682 times)

Offline PhonieX

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Willson_Curray
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Was there ever an answer to why melee was not as good as mount & musket?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 03:46:57 pm »
Everyone can be good at NW, as you just need to block now.
I liked MM for the time it took to learn ^^
2 time Groupfighting Winner
1 time Regimental Gf Winner
2 time NWL league winner

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 04:45:15 pm »
The M&B melee fights look ridiculous anyway... Might aswell try to keep it fun?

It's impossible to kill large groups in NW, because you get stuck into enemies, you don't always kill them in that one crucial stab and you can't really spin. Hate on spinning all you want, but if you have brains you can easily counter it and it is fun to use aswell. Oh, and for spam you need servers hosted in Germany and not the Netherlands.... Wait a second...

lol

Lol, sound more like, you, can't spin in NW, I find it especially handy against swords and axes.
Also, another reason why the new melee system should be prefeable, is that it is historically correct, which was the aim for thi game from the start.

Yes, skill level went a bit down in NW, but still, as a newcomer you really can't beat the seasoned melee'er.

One thing which I still find weird in NW melee, is how one could realistically ever keep his balance in such an upstab.

Are you being serious? Don't tell me that they actually all 1v1'd and fought in circles, please
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 05:57:44 pm »
Are you being serious? Don't tell me that they actually all 1v1'd and fought in circles, please

BCoF, from what I deduced, is not gonna be a 100% historically accurate game.
I've always been one to say fuck realism and have fun learning this incredible mechanic, and I'll do so here as well.
If you try to be realistic, you are most probably gonna fall flat on your face. Give the audence what they enjoy. Realism sux :D

Btw, go check out Wor Of Rights for a 100% pure, First Person Civil War experience. I'm buying both games when they come out.
<3

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »

Can you just stop being so ignorant, you give the country a bad name:

Of course they didn't 1v1, duh.
But that is player style. One thing that is not player-style decided is how the actual attacks are performed, that is decided by the warband engine and animations.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

Man I love when people say this shit.
<3

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2014, 06:52:37 pm »

Man I love when people say this shit.

Here to serve.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.