Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup [Second Edition] ♞  (Read 137402 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup [Second Edition] ♞
« Reply #480 on: January 25, 2015, 10:43:38 pm »
Spoiler
I'm just leaving my two cents here, meaning to offend absolutly no ones, so If you feel like I insulted someone or I've been irrespectous, apologizes in advance.

I do understand what you tried to do, or atleast I partially understand it. Saying if it's right or wrong, good or bad, does not belong to me that's why I won't do it.

But there is still a point you're missing, atleast to my eyes. NWEC is a tournament, and as each tournaments taking place within the NW Scene, the aim of is to determine who is the best (Here who is technically the best Nation in Cavalry). Of course, tournament are also made in the aim to please the people taking part in it, but the first and main goal will always stay to show who, inside a group of people, or which group inside other groups of people, is the best.

That's kinda looks like "Who has the biggest E-Peen", but it's sadly is the case. I have seen any community who is mature enough, when it comes to that kind of tournament (Nation Cup being one of the most, if not the most important tournament on NW) to place "fun" before the "win".

Which means, that when the group phases will be over, we'll have teams who got through the groups, but in the Group A, two teams won't. Does that mean that the two teams who got qualified in Group B are better than those two last team in Group A ? If we're logic, yes that's the case because these teams got further in the tournament. Is it really the case though ? I think we can all agree that's it's not.

So we have a tournament  which is suppose to determine, who is the best Nation in cavalry, and even before the first matchs have been played, we already know that it is kind of sidesteped. In the name of fun, I think we all got this, and after all that's your right, as the main organiser, to give that direction to your tournament. But annoucing it clearly, before, would have been a bit better, and could have prevent you from the kind of reactions you already got, and will probably keep gettting.

Personally I don't give a single fuck to who I'm fighting, a slong as I got a nice fight and have the oppurtinity to give my very best. But I do understand that it's not the same thing for everyone, especially for countries'captains, and that it can trigger that kind of reaction.
[close]

As much as I understand your point, Tardet, and the way you explain it (which is quite fine, thanks about that), I have to say that yes, we put fun before win in this tournament. Our direct goal is to make most of the people happy with this tournament, so that they enjoy cavalry fights in a way that we give them a chance to win these matches (after all, fun and win, most of the times, are related).

At the end of the day the deal is not so big, a few big matches will happen before the semi-final session, which actually doesn't change anything. The only difference is that during that pre semi-final session, a few other teams will be given the occasion to do great matches and have fun. I still strongly believe that the team that will win the tournament will be the strongest team of cavalry players in NW, no big worry on that.

So yes, then again, we're trying something here, might it please or not everyone (that is impossible, let's face it), we hope that it will bring more fun to the challengers than last year's edition. Some teams (especially the ones in group A) might not find it fair, but let them think of the other 5 teams that are given a more important chance of proving their best in fair and balanced matches.

Anyway, I think both sides have already shown their arguments. We will keep the organization that way as we believe that this is worth a shot. The tournament is starting tomorrow, and I still think and hope that everyone will give their best to take their nation to the top. Let us try this new way of doing this Cup, and let everyone have fun. :)
As Martastik said, I would love this debate to remain in private now, however we will not ask any moderator to remove a post, unless the said-post is being insulting, which we won't tolerate on this thread. Thank you all in advance !

Thanks for taking the time to anwser, hope it will make things a bit clearer for people, making them agree with it or not being another story. :)

If I have any other points to add, I will PM you or Paulin, which is not the case for the moment.

Spoiler
Oh and yes Marta, I do understand what you tried to do, however, as you see, a discussion between two people can happen on a FSE Thread, even though their views are clearly not the same. We're gentlemen, you silly belgian :P
[close]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:48:24 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline 15th Archer

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Archer
« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2015, 10:58:16 pm »
remove axiom from the team and add Araguil and Savage

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #482 on: January 25, 2015, 11:04:27 pm »
I'm just leaving my two cents here, meaning to offend absolutly no ones, so If you feel like I insulted someone or I've been irrespectous, apologizes in advance.

I do understand what you tried to do, or atleast I partially understand it. Saying if it's right or wrong, good or bad, does not belong to me that's why I won't do it.

But there is still a point you're missing, atleast to my eyes. NWEC is a tournament, and as each tournaments taking place within the NW Scene, the aim of is to determine who is the best (Here who is technically the best Nation in Cavalry). Of course, tournament are also made in the aim to please the people taking part in it, but the first and main goal will always stay to show who, inside a group of people, or which group inside other groups of people, is the best.

That's kinda looks like "Who has the biggest E-Peen", but it's sadly is the case. I have seen any community who is mature enough, when it comes to that kind of tournament (Nation Cup being one of the most, if not the most important tournament on NW) to place "fun" before the "win".

Which means, that when the group phases will be over, we'll have teams who got through the groups, but in the Group A, two teams won't. Does that mean that the two teams who got qualified in Group B are better than those two last team in Group A ? If we're logic, yes that's the case because these teams got further in the tournament. Is it really the case though ? I think we can all agree that's it's not.

So we have a tournament  which is suppose to determine, who is the best Nation in cavalry, and even before the first matchs have been played, we already know that it is kind of sidesteped. In the name of fun, I think we all got this, and after all that's your right, as the main organiser, to give that direction to your tournament. But annoucing it clearly, before, would have been a bit better, and could have prevent you from the kind of reactions you already got, and will probably keep gettting.

Personally I don't give a single fuck to who I'm fighting, as long as I got a nice fight and have the oppurtinity to give my very best. But I do understand that it's not the same thing for everyone, especially for countries'captains, and that it can trigger that kind of reaction.

ok

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #483 on: January 25, 2015, 11:11:34 pm »

Done. I changed 18. Axiom to 18. Araguil and added 20. Savage. I assumed these two new players were british, correct me if I'm wrong :P
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Bamse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former 15th Hussar SCoH, 16e Hussard Cpt.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Huss_Lt_Bamse
« Reply #484 on: January 26, 2015, 05:03:06 am »
i cri everytime i see some random commenting on this thread about the cav League rules/groups/teams

ERIK and Paulin set this cup up and have done a great fucking job with it. And if any team has any problem with this group thingy, talk to your captain and let him bitch about it to Erik.
Because not a singe fuck is given by your silly crying on the thread about it being unfair. So please stop waisting the FSE's server capacity on your petty problems.

Your's truly
Bamse

Current: 16e Regiment de Hussards - Lieutenant Bamse
Past Regiments: 15th Hussars - Staff Corporal of Horse | K1. Kungliga Livgardet Till Häst

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 26, 2015, 07:58:08 am »

Done. I changed 18. Axiom to 18. Araguil and added 20. Savage. I assumed these two new players were british, correct me if I'm wrong :P
You're not. ;)

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 26, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »
Today is the official start of the cup! Best of luck to all out there, and may the Scandinavians win.

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
« Reply #487 on: January 26, 2015, 03:37:09 pm »
i cri everytime i see some random commenting on this thread about the cav League rules/groups/teams

ERIK and Paulin set this cup up and have done a great fucking job with it. And if any team has any problem with this group thingy, talk to your captain and let him bitch about it to Erik.
Because not a singe fuck is given by your silly crying on the thread about it being unfair. So please stop waisting the FSE's server capacity on your petty problems.

Your's truly
Bamse

I'd like to send a honest t reply for this here but I don'want to be muted.

Offline Levoro

• Sergeant Major
  • Freedom! Forth Eorlingas!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TUR_Levoro
  • Side: Union
« Reply #488 on: January 26, 2015, 05:34:38 pm »
Hello!
Add "20. Frasper (TUR)" to the Turkish team please!
Thanks!

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 26, 2015, 05:47:57 pm »

Your's truly
Bamse

Same as Fatrykus, cause we're only peasants does it mean we can't express our discontent? Dayum, anyway good luck to all nation, and Vive la France!
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
« Reply #490 on: January 26, 2015, 06:23:13 pm »
Happy Cavalry Nations Cup to everyone!  :)
May the Italian team come out on top  8)
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 26, 2015, 07:02:23 pm »
Just to inform you yesterday it was decided Archer was out the UK team because of his score (2-9) in the friendly against the ITA (lowest score).

Spoiler
Jk Herishey says he loves you Archer pls no hurt him.
[close]

Offline 15th Archer

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Archer
« Reply #492 on: January 26, 2015, 07:10:04 pm »
Just to inform you yesterday it was decided Archer was out the UK team because of his score (2-9) in the friendly against the ITA (lowest score).

Spoiler
[close]

herishey kicked from the team

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #493 on: January 26, 2015, 07:36:20 pm »

Today is the day the second edition of the Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup begins !
We have been glad to organize this event so far during the preparation session, now the time has come for every team to prove their best on the field.
Since today is the launching day of the Cup, it will not be a playable day. However, in the next weeks, the matches of each week will be announced on Sunday, and Monday will be a playable day for everyone. All other days of the week are playable.

Matchday n°1

- Group A -

- Group B -

Free week for Benelux

Captains are asked to announce their matches' dates as following:

Spoiler
Match:
Date & Hour:
[close]

They will be given a server and referee by the organizers once this is done.

We wish everyone a happy Cavalry Nations Cup, may everyone fight well and bring glory to their nations.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
« Reply #494 on: January 26, 2015, 07:39:40 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

herishey kicked from the team
Sorry Archie...didn't mean to be mean with you.  :D
We were trying to get someone better to be eliminated like Maje...(that's why we went 3v1 gainst him in the river xD)
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.