Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup [Second Edition] ♞  (Read 137236 times)

Offline Celtic_Jan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup [Second Edition] ♞
« Reply #465 on: January 25, 2015, 06:12:15 pm »
Last year wasn't random neither  ;)
My dear goshh..
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8e_Huss_Lt_Lubukill
« Reply #466 on: January 25, 2015, 06:16:01 pm »
We all know that it's never random, I'm absolutely sure it's not in infantry either. However I think that this separation of the groups is kind of an insult for teams in the second group, so I don't agree with this.
Anyway, we'll fight, try hard, and give our best for what'll be a very tense group :)
I hope you have fun, I know I did.

Offline Paulin

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1roCR_Cor_Paulin
« Reply #467 on: January 25, 2015, 06:26:19 pm »
All the teams in Group B are very happy :)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #468 on: January 25, 2015, 06:40:27 pm »
We all know that it's never random, I'm absolutely sure it's not in infantry either.

Definetly. Last NWEC for Infantry was clearly made in a way that UK and France could only meet eachothers in final, even though the system was different from this one. I thought it was the same for the last editon of the Cavalry Nation Cup, with Poland and France being separated for the same reason, looks like we'll have something different this year, let's see If it will be better.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 25, 2015, 06:56:55 pm »

Ofc they are, but i think it's a little bit different in group A
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Paulin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 25, 2015, 07:00:55 pm »

Ofc they are, but i think it's a little bit different in group A

All of you have the same chances right now. No one knows who will go to semi-finals.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #471 on: January 25, 2015, 07:01:37 pm »
The Groups were not randomized last year. This year we tried a new challenging idea, the idea of giving everyone the exact same chances to get to the semi-finals session.
Last year, with France and UK in group A and Poland and Germany in group B it was pretty obvious to guess who would be qualified, and it broke the fun and the interest of most of the other teams.
This year, we gave everyone the same chances to qualify, which should bring more challenge and suspense to the tournament, and to every team, not just 3 or 4.

I understand that some captains might be surprised, but they are also asked to see it as a challenge. This year, teams will actually have to fight their way through to get to the semi-finals.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Telnitz

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 25, 2015, 08:18:08 pm »
So last time, Erik was organizer and player in the french team. France had only easy victories until the final.
This time, Paula is organizer and player in the spanish team. Spanish has the best group they could hope so.

No need to give weird and fuzzy explanation where there is no need. Tournament is yours after all and I accept the challenge of group A.  8)

Offline Paulin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 25, 2015, 09:25:53 pm »
Tournament is yours after all and I accept the challenge of group A.

No, you don't. Otherwise, you wouldn't be saying bullshit about us.

We can't please everyone, everytime.

I'm really tired of all your complaints, to be honest. I thought it could be fun to make something nice for you guys, this tournament. But it's really hard keep going with you complaining for every single decision we take. We're doing our best for you, not for us. We only wanted to bring fun to the people.

I'm sorry if some of you don't agree with the groups, but this year will be like that. Just let's see how it goes, or/and if you enjoy. Why are you complaining before starting? Give us a break, please, for the fuck sake.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 25, 2015, 09:26:38 pm »
So last time, Erik was organizer and player in the french team. France had only easy victories until the final.
This time, Paula is organizer and player in the spanish team. Spanish has the best group they could hope so.

No need to give weird and fuzzy explanation where there is no need. Tournament is yours after all and I accept the challenge of group A.  8)

And last time was boring and unchallenging for France, there was no suspense at all until the final, people got bored in the middle of the tournament (some left the team) and the teams facing France sure didn't enjoy much neither. Do we have to do the same crap just for the sake of it ? We're trying something here, something that is indeed harder for every good team of last year, but also way more challenging and it will bring suspense to the event, instead of just being a pale session of eliminating the less good teams by teams which are basically already qualified to the next stage.

Now if you want to shout that the organizers are evil nazis organizing the thing for themselves then go on, but you might as well do it somehwere else, 'cause we won't tolerate it here.
This tournament is public, which means the door is wide open, for people to come in but the other way around works all the same, we're forcing no one to stay.
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 25, 2015, 10:10:26 pm »
Erik is right, dont blame the nazis for the groupmixing^^

I am not happy with the groups too. But I understand the point of Erik and Paula. And to accuse them, they would do it for having the best chance for their teams, is just ridiculous.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #476 on: January 25, 2015, 10:16:54 pm »
Well in the World Cup for Football/Rugby/Rugby-League they allow the big teams into groups first and then the lower teams in afterwards. That way non of the big teams get forced out because of bad luck and they get the best possible finals.

I personally believe that's the best way to do it but I don't think the current groups are the result of anything suspicious.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2015, 10:20:03 pm »
I'm just leaving my two cents here, meaning to offend absolutly no ones, so If you feel like I insulted someone or I've been irrespectous, apologizes in advance.

I do understand what you tried to do, or atleast I partially understand it. Saying if it's right or wrong, good or bad, does not belong to me that's why I won't do it.

But there is still a point you're missing, atleast to my eyes. NWEC is a tournament, and as each tournaments taking place within the NW Scene, the aim of is to determine who is the best (Here who is technically the best Nation in Cavalry). Of course, tournament are also made in the aim to please the people taking part in it, but the first and main goal will always stay to show who, inside a group of people, or which group inside other groups of people, is the best.

That's kinda looks like "Who has the biggest E-Peen", but it's sadly is the case. I have seen any community who is mature enough, when it comes to that kind of tournament (Nation Cup being one of the most, if not the most important tournament on NW) to place "fun" before the "win".

Which means, that when the group phases will be over, we'll have teams who got through the groups, but in the Group A, two teams won't. Does that mean that the two teams who got qualified in Group B are better than those two last team in Group A ? If we're logic, yes that's the case because these teams got further in the tournament. Is it really the case though ? I think we can all agree that's it's not.

So we have a tournament  which is suppose to determine, who is the best Nation in cavalry, and even before the first matchs have been played, we already know that it is kind of sidesteped. In the name of fun, I think we all got this, and after all that's your right, as the main organiser, to give that direction to your tournament. But annoucing it clearly, before, would have been a bit better, and could have prevent you from the kind of reactions you already got, and will probably keep gettting.

Personally I don't give a single fuck to who I'm fighting, as long as I got a nice fight and have the oppurtinity to give my very best. But I do understand that it's not the same thing for everyone, especially for countries'captains, and that it can trigger that kind of reaction.

Edit : Apologizes for the "novel", USE4life expressed my views in two sentence, If you don't want to read my essay, stick to what he said.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:49:46 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Martastik

• First Lieutenant
  • Real Col of the real 1erCrb Martastik
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2015, 10:27:37 pm »
Guys PM or steam please. Other than arguments being thrown around, there are also people who really don't care for reading stories that have a lot of 'history' behind them.

Have a good cup guys. Just wreck who ever opposes you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:35:43 pm by Martastik »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2015, 10:36:36 pm »
Spoiler
I'm just leaving my two cents here, meaning to offend absolutly no ones, so If you feel like I insulted someone or I've been irrespectous, apologizes in advance.

I do understand what you tried to do, or atleast I partially understand it. Saying if it's right or wrong, good or bad, does not belong to me that's why I won't do it.

But there is still a point you're missing, atleast to my eyes. NWEC is a tournament, and as each tournaments taking place within the NW Scene, the aim of is to determine who is the best (Here who is technically the best Nation in Cavalry). Of course, tournament are also made in the aim to please the people taking part in it, but the first and main goal will always stay to show who, inside a group of people, or which group inside other groups of people, is the best.

That's kinda looks like "Who has the biggest E-Peen", but it's sadly is the case. I have seen any community who is mature enough, when it comes to that kind of tournament (Nation Cup being one of the most, if not the most important tournament on NW) to place "fun" before the "win".

Which means, that when the group phases will be over, we'll have teams who got through the groups, but in the Group A, two teams won't. Does that mean that the two teams who got qualified in Group B are better than those two last team in Group A ? If we're logic, yes that's the case because these teams got further in the tournament. Is it really the case though ? I think we can all agree that's it's not.

So we have a tournament  which is suppose to determine, who is the best Nation in cavalry, and even before the first matchs have been played, we already know that it is kind of sidesteped. In the name of fun, I think we all got this, and after all that's your right, as the main organiser, to give that direction to your tournament. But annoucing it clearly, before, would have been a bit better, and could have prevent you from the kind of reactions you already got, and will probably keep gettting.

Personally I don't give a single fuck to who I'm fighting, a slong as I got a nice fight and have the oppurtinity to give my very best. But I do understand that it's not the same thing for everyone, especially for countries'captains, and that it can trigger that kind of reaction.
[close]

As much as I understand your point, Tardet, and the way you explain it (which is quite fine, thanks about that), I have to say that yes, we put fun before win in this tournament. Our direct goal is to make most of the people happy with this tournament, so that they enjoy cavalry fights in a way that we give them a chance to win these matches (after all, fun and win, most of the times, are related).

At the end of the day the deal is not so big, a few big matches will happen before the semi-final session, which actually doesn't change anything. The only difference is that during that pre semi-final session, a few other teams will be given the occasion to do great matches and have fun. I still strongly believe that the team that will win the tournament will be the strongest team of cavalry players in NW, no big worry on that.

So yes, then again, we're trying something here, might it please or not everyone (that is impossible, let's face it), we hope that it will bring more fun to the challengers than last year's edition. Some teams (especially the ones in group A) might not find it fair, but let them think of the other 5 teams that are given a more important chance of proving their best in fair and balanced matches.

Anyway, I think both sides have already shown their arguments. We will keep the organization that way as we believe that this is worth a shot. The tournament is starting tomorrow, and I still think and hope that everyone will give their best to take their nation to the top. Let us try this new way of doing this Cup, and let everyone have fun. :)
As Martastik said, I would love this debate to remain in private now, however we will not ask any moderator to remove a post, unless the said-post is being insulting, which we won't tolerate on this thread. Thank you all in advance !
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik