Author Topic: [NW][M] Liberty or Death - A War of Independence Modification (Update #2)  (Read 81933 times)

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
I think it would be nice if you have a British grenadier unit. Maybe the 23rd Foot? The Welch fusiliers, they were quite active during the revolution.

Otherwise the units look pretty good.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
It would be nice to see some of the empire total war units they had like Ferguson Rifleman, Welch Fusiliers, Hessian Troops, and some of the unique British Cavalry. American's just need their stock units plus minute men with a partazani system of weapon, musket + random so it would end up being Cavalry musket + with Hand Axe.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
Im happy to change the unit list at the moment since we havent started making models so if you want a change then fill out this appilcation

Application
Regiment Name:
Faction:
Which Regiment are you replacing?:
[close]

Example of filled Application
Regiment Name: 23rd Welch Fusiliers
Faction: Great Britain
Which Regiment are you replacing?: 22nd King's Royal Regiment of Foot
[close]

However if only one person wants it I wont put it in so others will have to quote his/hers post and right the good ole +1

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
Might want to take a look at Armand's Legion. They were French troops who fought under the Continental Army led by a French Colonel.

Spoiler
[close]
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
Edit:I no longer want the unit as there is already a Hessian unit.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:58:53 pm by William »
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
The 22nd played a vital role in the AWI. I suggest not changing them.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I am working on a system which will connect all the servers to a website and constantly update with casualites and victories and defeats... It may grow to more in the future but thats my idea at the moment. The other thing which may happen is if we create at least one map for every state in the 13 colonies then there may be a "Campaign" sort of thing attached but havent really decided how it will work in the end.

Offline Hammerstout

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
I am working on a system which will connect all the servers to a website and constantly update with casualites and victories and defeats... It may grow to more in the future but thats my idea at the moment. The other thing which may happen is if we create at least one map for every state in the 13 colonies then there may be a "Campaign" sort of thing attached but havent really decided how it will work in the end.
If it works that would be amazing

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
If it works that would be amazing

Yep, but for now I am focusing on finding a modeller... Betaknight was originally gonna give me his skins but... he lost them :(

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Regiment Name: General Cornwallis
Faction: Great Britain
Which Regiment are you replacing?: Sir Henry Clinton

Please do change this, Cornwallis played a bigger role in AWI than Clinton including the official british surrender at Yorktown.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
Clinton was Commander-in-Chief of the British forces in North America. He was pretty damned significant.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I know this looks alot like the other War of Independence mod but I was bored and decided to do something simple...

Spoiler
[close]

I promise when I get some uniform models I will make a video to show off all the coding

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
Clinton was Commander-in-Chief of the British forces in North America. He was pretty damned significant.

Exactly why the faction list that TomaHawkAU is using has Clinton. I did a lot of research, and know a lot about the AWI. That unit roster for both factions was something I gave to Hinkel for his AWI mod that went under. This is why I don't understand as to why anybody would want to change. I specifically incorporated highly-notable units for the rosters.

But, I'm sure no one cares what I have to say, after all... They want their 198th Pennsylvania "The Fuckers" Regiment of Foot in the mod. :P Extreme example, of course.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
How about instead you do what other modifications have and have multiple general slots in the same class, I know that some like B&I have both the Prince and King of Prussia, you could do Clinton and Cornwallis, and for America you could do George Washington and perhaps another commander like the "Swamp Fox" (forgot his real name). In addition perhaps you should make some France a faction as well or at least give the Americans some more French because they did play a key role.

My final question is:Will there be naval actions or no?
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Oldest_Guard

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stabber of itty bitty Riflemen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [25th] Oldest
Best of luck, If you want I could host this as a download for you, Its a generic regular, there are actually two models one with and one without knapsack (Obviously you will have to cut this apart before you texture and add this as a model in warband, but this is the complete untextured & unrigged model):

Spoiler

[close]
(I can send them to you as an .obj, I think thats accepted by most modelling programs)

Also considering the fact that Audiate has now retired I assume that TCW is just not going to happen, and so I would love to be able to work on the mod if you would accept me below is a portfolio of work I have recently done: