Author Topic: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod  (Read 102518 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2015, 03:49:42 pm »
With that flag shape it will be a bit harder, but I will try

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2015, 04:18:48 pm »
  Looking good. I did read somewhere that cavalry guidons (flags) were quite small, some being only 60cm/2 feet, but it is probably better to make them a little bigger. Dragoon flags as well were shaped differently from other flags (see the bottom of this picture):
http://www.wargamesdesigns.com/uploads/8/8/4/5/8845944/3388630_orig.png

I think it's impossible. Model would be really hard to edit and new one would be for me impossible. Sorry, it will look only like normal flags for infantry  :'(

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2015, 04:23:12 pm »
Couldn't you adapt some of the models from regular Napoleonic Wars? I seem to remember the cavalry flags in that were smaller. If not I am sure there must be an expert on modding flags who could lend a hand. If not then the shape of the dragoon flag doesn't matter too much.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:27:58 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2015, 04:25:16 pm »
Couldn't you adapt some of the models from regular Napoleonic Wars? I seem to remember the cavalry flags in that were smaller. If not I am sure there must be an expert on modding flags who could lend a hand.

Cavalry flags will be smaller, but I am talking about shape

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2015, 04:30:43 pm »
Yes I realised that and edited my comment but didn't realise you had replied. Still, perhaps after the first release of the mod you may get some modders from other projects offer to lend a hand. In the meantime though keep up the good work, you have done a lot already, the roster of units are looking good. Are you going to add another Royalist Cavalry regiment to the roster?
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2015, 04:42:35 pm »
Yes I realised that and edited my comment but didn't realise you had replied. Still, perhaps after the first release of the mod you may get some modders from other projects offer to lend a hand. In the meantime though keep up the good work, you have done a lot already, the roster of units are looking good. Are you going to add another Royalist Cavalry regiment to the roster?

I don't know modders who would be interested and could help. For many of them this mod and timeline is not interesting

I want to add only Regiments that looked very different from these that are already done, because all of them looked almost same and it would be stupid to copy and paste same regiment and only rename it.

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:06 pm »
Fair enough, it is a shame that we don't have much reference for Motroses cavalry otherwise we could include them to liven things up a bit (he did raise some small units, including this one: http://wiki.bcw-project.org/scots-royalist/horse-regiments/capt-blackadder there is a full list of regiments here: http://wiki.bcw-project.org/scots-royalist/horse-regiments/start)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:56:03 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2015, 04:56:13 pm »
Fair enough, it is a shame that we don't have much reference for Motroses cavalry otherwise we could include them to lvien things up a bit (he did raise some small units, including this one: http://wiki.bcw-project.org/scots-royalist/horse-regiments/capt-blackadder there is a full list of regiments here:http://wiki.bcw-project.org/scots-royalist/horse-regiments/start)

Yeah. In time of war they could paint images of regiments and troops to make easier life for us :D

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2015, 04:57:48 pm »
I'm interested in this era and would like to help mod with u  :'(

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:40 pm »
I'm interested in this era and would like to help mod with u  :'(

What kind of help do you offer? 

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2015, 05:03:52 pm »
Fair enough, it is a shame that we don't have much reference for Motroses cavalry otherwise we could include them to lvien things up a bit (he did raise some small units, including this one: http://wiki.bcw-project.org/scots-royalist/horse-regiments/capt-blackadder there is a full list of regiments here:http://wiki.bcw-project.org/scots-royalist/horse-regiments/start)

Yeah. In time of war they could paint images of regiments and troops to make easier life for us :D
  Damn them, they should have known that nearly four hundred years later we would want to represent them in a computer game  ;D
  That is the problem with this era, a lot of documents were destroyed (I believe when Oxford fell all the records of the King's Oxford Parliament were burned) and there are very few paintings of soldiers on campaign. All we have to go on is a few scraps of info, it is like trying to make a jigsaw with three quarters of the pieces missing and then trying to guess exactly what the picture looked like without the box for reference!
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2015, 05:05:12 pm »
Damn them, they should have known that nearly four hundred years later we would want to represent them in a computer game  ;D

This is only modification for game  :D

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2015, 06:01:09 pm »
  Going back to the preachers, if somebody could do the voice then I would do a few different types.
1) Royalist priest:

I would base his vestments on those worn by Archbishop Laud
2) Parliamentarian/Puritan Priest:

I know John Pym was an MP and not a priest but the style of clothes he is wearing in the painting look stereotypically Puritan. I would probably give a Puritan priest a large hat a la Witchfinder General.
  Some other options to add as well
3)Covenanter Priest
4)Irish Catholic Priest
5) Ranters and Levellers
  Warlord games released this little vignette a while ago:
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2015, 06:06:53 pm »
  Going back to the preachers, if somebody could do the voice then I would do a few different types.
1) Royalist priest:

I would base his vestments on those worn by Archbishop Laud
2) Parliamentarian/Puritan Priest:

I know John Pym was an MP and not a priest but the style of clothes he is wearing in the painting look stereotypically Puritan. I would probably give a Puritan priest a large hat a la Witchfinder General.
  Some other options to add as well
3)Covenanter Priest
4)Irish Catholic Priest
5) Ranters and Levellers
  Warlord games released this little vignette a while ago:

Thanks for pictures

Also, what do you think about pikemen with and without tassets? Every pikeman has two versions: armor with taset and without.
Should every pikeman have armor and tasset?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:15:47 pm by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2015, 06:28:38 pm »
I think the tasset was rapidly falling out of fashion by this era. If you look at this photo from the King's Lifeguard of Foote re-enactment group then none of them are in tassets and some don't even wear armour at all!

Some soldiers did wear them though, I would have two options, one with and one without. I have attached a picture of some figures I painted from the King's Lifeguard as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]
]