Author Topic: Total War Three Kingdoms  (Read 9551 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Major
  • 1ere Cadet | Former Founder of 3rd East Kent (NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lawrence
  • Side: Union
Re: Total War Three Kingdoms
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 01:46:47 pm »

AeroNinja

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 01:30:10 pm »
Some gameplay. It's too much arcadey for my taste, but props gonna buy it anyway.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:31:46 pm by DXPE FUKURO »

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 03:59:00 pm »
I'm just going to buy it for that new unit handling style by different generals and the dueling mechanic, graphics don't look that good but not a big deal.

AeroNinja

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2018, 04:10:12 pm »
Yeah gameplay seems fun. Just a shame they went with Warhammer style of visuals making it look a bit more "unmature" if that's the right description for it.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2018, 06:04:55 pm »
The GFX aren't finalized guys. They literally said so. You can tell just by looking at the characters, their faces etc. are blank bar the Generals.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 07:31:26 pm »
It's a good thing they brought proper siege maps back

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 05:57:32 pm »
I think CA has a lot riding on this game. It’s their first “full” historical title since introducing magic and individual characters in the Warhammer games. If they screw it up then the already waining community will probably lose hope, but if they pull it off then it could start a whole new CA era like Shogun 2 did. I definitely won’t buy it right off the bat, but I’ll watch it very closely and will probably end up getting it like a month after release
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 06:26:04 pm »
I think CA has a lot riding on this game. It’s their first “full” historical title since introducing magic and individual characters in the Warhammer games. If they screw it up then the already waining community will probably lose hope, but if they pull it off then it could start a whole new CA era like Shogun 2 did. I definitely won’t buy it right off the bat, but I’ll watch it very closely and will probably end up getting it like a month after release

Same I’m hyped that they are doing historical again I hated all the magic and fantasy war hammer games
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2018, 10:46:13 pm »
Same I’m hyped that they are doing historical again I hated all the magic and fantasy war hammer games
Yeah. I wasn’t planning on getting the Warhammer games. I didn’t get the first one, but by the time the second one came I saw that a lot of my steam friends put a ton of hours into the first one and heard it was really good, so I got the second one. I was super disappointed. I play it occasionally, but Attila is so much better
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2018, 11:19:42 pm »
This game's mechanics and soruce are only slightly less ahistorical than Warhammer.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2018, 11:35:14 pm »
I just want to subjugate under developed countries but CA seems intent on not doing a game with colonization built into it :/
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2018, 11:49:10 pm »
If you guys kept up with the articles they already stated that the game will have two modes. Classical and Romanticized.

One big differences between these modes is the thing you guys are worried about which is the fantasy factor such as a hero taking on 2+ units.

Classic will treat heroes more like generals in previous total wars, they are relatively powerful but can be easily overrun/targeted and killed. In Classic heroes will have a small bodyguard akin to a general's bodyguard as well. Battles will rely more on battlefield tactics rather than hero duels and such.

Romanticized will be more like Warhammer where heroes are their one single-man unit, I imagine this mode will feature more abilities and what you would expect from a battle in Warhammer minus creatures/magic.

Edit: Have a read. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-07-hands-on-with-the-romantic-battles-of-total-war-three-kingdoms
The Myth, The Legend

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2018, 11:51:49 pm »
romanticized it is

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2018, 12:37:29 am »
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 01:50:09 am »
romanticized it is
People like you is why the world burns