Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Next big RPG?)  (Read 42788 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Next big RPG?)
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2018, 11:59:25 pm »
So I am two and a half hours into the game now... and the opening credits just rolled... Like literally I spent two hours playing around and getting to know it before the actual title showed up.

From what I can say it looks good. The systemrequirements are a bit on the high side though. I have about 2/3rds into the recommended setup and I am runnig fine.
The graphics are very good, the landscape is beautiful. The character control is a bit slow but it's because everything in this game is slower paced that more well-known titles like Fallout or Far Cry. It is indeed much slower. Combat as well. It is heavy and feels slow but that is fine because the opponents are very slow as well. It makes for far more realistic combat. The story seems to be extremely well written and historically well-researched... which is something that shows how highborn aristocrats treat your character, as a lowborn son of a smith. It makes for a really well-done environment.

One thing that may leave a little to be desired is the voice acting, which isn't as good as I hoped, but I am accustumed to huge titles as Mass Effect (not andromeda though), Far Cry and Watch Dogs. It isn't a gamebreaker though. The story makes up for it by a HUGE degree. Already just in and you have a good basis with already good characters and a good environment.

It is too early to tell more about the game's inner systems like economy and inventory as I am still learning myself, but so far, the help you can get in-game seems solid and can even be understoof by me gaming half-asleep, been awake for 18 hours and slept only 5 hours last night... so while far more complex than others, it is accessiable and will definitely be on par with games like Fallout and Skyrim, if not better.

So, buy? Maybe a bit too early to tell exactly but for now I am firmly in the YES camp.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2018, 04:03:33 am »
Definitely not blowing my life savings on this game right away

waiting for that sweet sweet steam sale

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2018, 07:13:34 am »
Archery is pretty bugged and doesn't seem like it's working very well overall. Seems like half the time arrows go through enemies like the hitbox is non-existent.
The Myth, The Legend

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:12 pm »
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/12/games-inbox-kingdom-come-deliverance-racism-sonic-all-stars-racing-3-and-fire-emblem-on-switch-7305167/

You all better refund now as Dan Vavra is a fucking racist!!!

What a waste of oxygen those SJW's are. Goes beyond my mind...
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Norwegian13

« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2018, 05:19:29 pm »
Definitely not blowing my life savings on this game right away

waiting for that sweet sweet steam sale

Wise words.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2018, 06:08:34 pm »
When all you want to do is Romance Theresa, a bug prevents you from doing so, then only to realize it's not even a romance, you just love em and ditch em like a Chad.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2018, 06:10:22 pm »
also put spoilers for the game in spoilers thx

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2018, 08:50:32 pm »
When all you want to do is Romance Theresa, a bug prevents you from doing so, then only to realize it's not even a romance, you just love em and ditch em like a Chad.

if i wanted to virtual bang id play witcher tf you talkin bout

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/12/games-inbox-kingdom-come-deliverance-racism-sonic-all-stars-racing-3-and-fire-emblem-on-switch-7305167/

tbh anti-sjwism is as dumb if not dumber than sjwism. the real sjw shit is complaining about racism and sexism and other offensive shit, the over-the-end sjw shit is complaining about that stuff where it doesnt exist which is actually dumb, but anti-sjw shit is like "i should be allowed to be as offensive as i possibly can, how dare you be mad at me for that" lol

like i wont not play the game because the lead dev is racist or sexist or whatever (being passionately anti-gamergate tells me hes at least one) but i still have a problem that theyre racist/sexist/whatever because theres no realistic reason/justification to be so

does a medieval europe setting need to be ethnically diverse? no

should a man living in the real world be allowed to get away with being offensive? also no

like just lob off the shit about gaming because thats irrelevant and let it boil down to what it is

been watching a streamer play some of it and it looks pretty impressive despite the streamer fucking around a lot and getting weird interactions. ive heard complaints that the graphics are less impressive than what people expected but they're really not that bad at all given how much shit is in the game, there's seemingly not a ton of reused assets, or at least, the game wont put reused assets right next to each other a lot. the hunger and sleep mechanics are kinda laughably implemented though lol, not like theyre bad, just comical and goofy. im also a really big fan of the ui, i think the graphics art team did a great job in designing all that shit and putting it all together.

edit: also the dialogue is a little meh at times, im sure the overall story's writing is great but the conversations are awkward or bad in some scenes, imo anyway
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:55:58 pm by Audiate »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2018, 08:58:46 pm »
 ;D ;D
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2018, 09:35:53 pm »
I watched like 20 minutes of a streamer. Not that impressed
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

AeroNinja

« Reply #280 on: February 15, 2018, 12:34:16 am »
Watched gameplay vids. Happy I didn’t buy it.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #281 on: February 15, 2018, 02:00:05 am »
Spoiler

if i wanted to virtual bang id play witcher tf you talkin bout

tbh anti-sjwism is as dumb if not dumber than sjwism. the real sjw shit is complaining about racism and sexism and other offensive shit, the over-the-end sjw shit is complaining about that stuff where it doesnt exist which is actually dumb, but anti-sjw shit is like "i should be allowed to be as offensive as i possibly can, how dare you be mad at me for that" lol

like i wont not play the game because the lead dev is racist or sexist or whatever (being passionately anti-gamergate tells me hes at least one) but i still have a problem that theyre racist/sexist/whatever because theres no realistic reason/justification to be so

does a medieval europe setting need to be ethnically diverse? no

should a man living in the real world be allowed to get away with being offensive? also no

like just lob off the shit about gaming because thats irrelevant and let it boil down to what it is

been watching a streamer play some of it and it looks pretty impressive despite the streamer fucking around a lot and getting weird interactions. ive heard complaints that the graphics are less impressive than what people expected but they're really not that bad at all given how much shit is in the game, there's seemingly not a ton of reused assets, or at least, the game wont put reused assets right next to each other a lot. the hunger and sleep mechanics are kinda laughably implemented though lol, not like theyre bad, just comical and goofy. im also a really big fan of the ui, i think the graphics art team did a great job in designing all that shit and putting it all together.

edit: also the dialogue is a little meh at times, im sure the overall story's writing is great but the conversations are awkward or bad in some scenes, imo anyway
[close]
Audiate your leftist is bleeding! How can you be anti-gamergate?

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 15, 2018, 02:02:43 am »
uhhhh

gamergate = sjw
anti-gamergate = anti-sjw

js

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 15, 2018, 02:11:19 am »
oh yeah

sorry drunk too much brain numbing juice