Author Topic: Fart's Melee Rating List (NA) *Updates Made Whenever I Feel Like It*  (Read 112692 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fart's Melee Rating List (NA) *Updates Made Whenever I Feel Like It*
« Reply #1080 on: January 31, 2019, 05:13:01 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

If you want some criticism sure. So, these are all the groupfights that have happened recently (That I know of for sure) If there's any I missed, feel free to post them. So, the first point I wanted to make, is I don't really understand why Fireboy is 89, and these aren't personal attacks to anyone I mention, nor am I discrediting you as a player. If you take it that way then it's your problem. Back on point, in terms of raw consistency? I've been doing better than russian/fireboy given 2 of the 42nd vs LG groupfights I wasn't there, but that was more showing of both of their kds throughout all the ones I know they were apart of. I haven't went negative once, I have always been right at the top being a pillar of the team, except for the 73rd one because everyone had a kickass kd. I do agree with the rest of the 90s, but I do think you need to swap some of it around up there. Don't get me wrong, Russian and Fireboy are good players and I'm not saying this with bad feelings just from what i see here, I've been more consistent/Impactful than both recently. Which everyone has bad days, but to distinguish between the top players on who's better is about consistency. I also don't think you should be too hasty when you change rankings, you should wait a bit before the next update, not on the exact day of a BOB groupfighting session. Wait until 4-5 groupfights have happened, then take screenshots analyze scores, then move things around. The last thing I have to say is, don't put people on this list that don't compete, most of us on here regularly are doing these groupfights/tournaments you shouldn't put people on here that aren't putting their abilitiy to the test in the groupfights/tournaments, and if they choose not to that's their fault if they wanted to be on the list, because they've done nothing to deserve a spot.

Edit: I understand it's just your opinion, I'm just trying to understand/give advice

Now this is how you do it boys. These are fair points that definitely help and make sense. Fireboy hasn't been as good cause he's been moving around the line and clearly this man is a system player like his idol Tom Brady. Russian has also seemingly taken more of a backseat leadership role in groupfights than his usual carrying or kill hungry self. Their skill is still high though, which is why I had them up there in the first place, but I will change stuff soon.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline |Rafael|

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rafael
« Reply #1081 on: January 31, 2019, 05:13:08 pm »
I agree tbh I haven’t been doing as well lately been experimenting more playing different roles (mid and kiting sides) since everyone wants to be on the pushing side and get kills. Move me down if you want I’m not gonna be one of those people that freak out about my rating on a list in the end stages of this game *cough cough Matt*
I feel like we all care about lists because this is in a way a public way for someone to say who you’re better than and who’s better than you and as competitive players we obviously are going to get pissed sometimes when we feel like we’re put in the wrong spots but in no means was I trashing you you’re a good player just if we’re going to do these lists I feel like whoever’s doing it needs to put a little more effort in to actually getting data for it like we all pretend the games dead and shit but look at some of us 3-6 years down the road we’re still playing this game We all care atleast to some extent

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 31, 2019, 05:15:28 pm »
Tfw not on any lists, I need to start playing

And as much as Matt memes me with his wages wages 5 years behind memes, Matt is currently the best player imo, though Matt thinks he should be higher, 94 is fine

Some other players could be moved down but since I haven’t played in a few months, some people I guess got a lot better. Also I agree with Godfreid that all you have to do is be on the pushing side and your points go up on the list
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

MATT123456789

« Reply #1083 on: January 31, 2019, 05:24:13 pm »
I'm not freaking out about my place on the list, mr "rage and blame your failures on others" it's just obvious that I'm the best player by far now and alot of people won't acknoweldge it cuz I was a major troll.

If there was a data set of who has dropped 40+ frags the most in the past year, I would be ahead astronomically lol its not even close.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #1084 on: January 31, 2019, 05:26:54 pm »
I'm not freaking out about my place on the list, mr "rage and blame your failures on others" it's just obvious that I'm the best player by far now and alot of people won't acknoweldge it cuz I was a major troll.

If there was a data set of who has dropped 40+ frags the most in the past year, I would be ahead astronomically lol its not even close.

The difference between 94 and 92 is a lot
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

MATT123456789

« Reply #1085 on: January 31, 2019, 06:08:06 pm »

The difference between 94 and 92 is a lot

I calculated me, yoshies, and godfreids scores from 5 of the groupfight pictures that rafael posted. I was only in 4 of them, so I had to use this recent groupfights score in the calculations https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/948472905605928954/EFD99E14BB2B047450B82535E023D0518A9038DD/

MATT's past 5 groupfights:
49-17
46-23
46-20
40-9
9-11

Godfreids past 5 groupfights:
31-26
29-22
26-17
17-15
7-15

Yoshies past 5 groupfights:
46-24
46-26
29-9
27-21
16-14

In all 5 of their gfs, they had their same consistent low, 29-30 ping. 2 of the gfs in my sample are from when I had 70 ping on wifi, with no headphones, or mousepad. (not making this shit up lol)

MATT top fragged: 4 out of 5 gfs
Godfried top fragged : 0 out of 5 gfs
Yoshie top fragged: 0 out of 5 gfs

MATT total kills: 190
godfried total kills: 110
yoshie total kills: 164

MATT total deaths: 80
godfreid total deaths: 95
yoshie total deaths: 94

MATT K/D: 2.37
godfreid K/D: 1.15
yoshie K/d: 1.74

MATT duel tournament wins 2018: 2
Godfreid duel tournament wins 2018: 1
yoshie duel tournament wins 2018: 0

and the one duel tournament win that godfreid got could have gone to me but I memed too hard.

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1086 on: January 31, 2019, 06:39:23 pm »
Understandable, Have a nice day.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 31, 2019, 06:44:23 pm »
Epic jock

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #1088 on: January 31, 2019, 06:51:06 pm »
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1089 on: January 31, 2019, 06:51:57 pm »
I think we all have a wrong perception of what groupfighting is. Sure if you get a lot of frags you're doing good and all. But it's also about the teamwork. For example on the kiting side of lines for the LG (Might seem biased but seeing as how I play with them Its the best example I can give) It's usually me, waste, Boom, and wall. And we consistently stop 2-3x our number of players pushing our side.  Others like Fart,Theodin. Do a good job in the mid getting picks and applying pressure. And our pushing side consisting of usually, Yoshie,Russian,Fireboy and Matt get tons of frags. So to say only frags matter in a gf is kindia pushing it it also matters that you do your job in the groupfight and are able to actually work with people.

Just my two cents tho.

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #1090 on: January 31, 2019, 07:05:53 pm »
Spoiler
I think we all have a wrong perception of what groupfighting is. Sure if you get a lot of frags you're doing good and all. But it's also about the teamwork. For example on the kiting side of lines for the LG (Might seem biased but seeing as how I play with them Its the best example I can give) It's usually me, waste, Boom, and wall. And we consistently stop 2-3x our number of players pushing our side.  Others like Fart,Theodin. Do a good job in the mid getting picks and applying pressure. And our pushing side consisting of usually, Yoshie,Russian,Fireboy and Matt get tons of frags. So to say only frags matter in a gf is kindia pushing it it also matters that you do your job in the groupfight and are able to actually work with people.

Just my two cents tho.
[close]

That’s a great point, the mid and kiting side are always locked in a supporting role and can’t push to get frags without being overwhelmed, so it’s important to note how people play in their respective positions, just as MATT or Fireboy play well in a pushing role or Fart and BabyJ do well in mid.
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

|Viper|

« Reply #1091 on: January 31, 2019, 07:12:26 pm »
So who wants to groupfight 93rd?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1092 on: January 31, 2019, 08:51:48 pm »
Kills win games
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #1093 on: January 31, 2019, 09:06:33 pm »
I’ve caused multiple tks with my footwork against the 42nd. I deserve a bump up at least to an 83.45
click here to join the 84th

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 31, 2019, 09:14:55 pm »
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow