Author Topic: 1vs1 or GF  (Read 7422 times)

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
  • Side: Union
1vs1 or GF
« on: July 30, 2017, 02:24:15 pm »
Within this Community there are dozens of Fights between dozens of Regiments everyday. Most of them result in one of the Regiments calling themself better than the other one. But you have to make a difference: Some Regiments win in a 1vs1, the others in GF Matches. I would like to hear your Opinion: When Regiment A battles Regiment B, what is the Score that allows the one Regiment to call themself better, the GF Match Score or the 1vs1 Score?
In my personal Opinion, it will always be the 1vs1 Score, as this are the Roots of Competition in this Community, i remember the times back in the Day when there wasnt even a GF Server and the focus on Melee in 1vs1s was so low, FIC was accepted nearly everywhere. Sure thats 3/4 Years ago, as at some point the Competitive Community focused more and more on GF, but still from my point of View the NWL/EIC is the more important Tournament, not the RGL or other GF Leagues.

Fell free to share your Opinion :D

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
Re: 1vs1 or GF
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 02:28:27 pm »
Its a matter of opinion really. Personally the better regiment is decided by 1v1's although people will think otherwise because camping etc. exists.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:33:04 pm »
Both are important and both cannot really be compared as they tend to put in light different fighting or leading abilities. The only thing I regret is that when I used to play the game few years ago, LBs were the main thing as for competitive matters, GF existed but it was not as largely popularized than it is now. RGL is something which happened a bit later, then you had all the GFs teams which started proliferating among the community and 1v1 LB were a bit left aside.

So I'm rather glad Price and Pieter hosted the EIC as it helps mainting some sort of balance. I'd be really glad to play another RGL, a RGT and why not some other groupfighting tournaments like the one Moskito is going to host in august however I don't want this to happen at the detriment of the 1v1 LBs. Best to me remains having both 'scenes' at their very best which isn't really the case now, sadly.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 03:26:25 pm »
Well, I guess you can seperate those two, but what really matters are 1v1´s (even tho 66th is worse in those, lol), since this shows whether a regiment is capable of combining strategy, melee power and shooting (although this is always a bit of luck)... Obv camping makes it a bit difficult, but that happens and also has to be accepted as a strategy, though it is disgusting for the enemy.
But as tardet said, it´s difficult to compare them.
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 03:44:34 pm »
Personally I think its groupfighting nowadays, the age of 1v1's has kinda passed it's an old meta. Gf's still require tactics/strategy so it still requires some form of leadership and co-ordination, and there is less 'luck' involved as we all know shooting is just pure bs. I mean if regiment A beats regiment B 6-4 in a 1v1 but then regiment B wins against regiment A in gf 15-0 then I think it's quite clear who's better still.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »
Groupfights because in 1v1s,shooting is pure luck and usually takes quite alot of the opposition out before the melee begins and thats where it is actually based on true skill so yeah GF's should be the deciding factor.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 04:18:17 pm »
Both are important and both cannot really be compared as they tend to put in light different fighting or leading abilities. The only thing I regret is that when I used to play the game few years ago, LBs were the main thing as for competitive matters, GF existed but it was not as largely popularized than it is now. RGL is something which happened a bit later, then you had all the GFs teams which started proliferating among the community and 1v1 LB were a bit left aside.

So I'm rather glad Price and Pieter hosted the EIC as it helps mainting some sort of balance. I'd be really glad to play another RGL, a RGT and why not some other groupfighting tournaments like the one Moskito is going to host in august however I don't want this to happen at the detriment of the 1v1 LBs. Best to me remains having both 'scenes' at their very best which isn't really the case now, sadly.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 04:24:33 pm »
Groupfighting, as 1v1s are pretty boring and tend to go on for a pretty long time.

AeroNinja

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 04:49:26 pm »
Need to agree with Herishey his statement. Allthough Tardet is not wrong either. It is a matter of opinions. Though if the score is So decisive like a 15-0 then Yes you could see who is the better one.
It is true you Need coordination in GFs But in linebattles a lot too because you charge from other angles. In Gf you just charge in front of you. But then again in the middle of such a Gf lines can be split and tactics and coordination are Needed. So I Also have to go with Tardet on both of these types of events are important in valuating the skill of each regiment.

The experience of regimental officers can make a huge difference too.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 05:12:23 pm by NiPhix »

Haze

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 06:39:01 pm »

If you speak of what matters most for regiments, its 1v1s, its a long tradition, it will probably never change, just look at the community in general, both in term of popularity and involvment.
Most people that pick gf on this thread say it is boring or so, it is but that is not the question asked.

So first, groupfighting is rising because it is great, fun, more skill based and somewhat
refreshing to most people in comparison to LBs and 1v1s that often end up being boring (camping or skirmish), especially after some time, lb are fights where you have not much ways to influence it as a player (shooting, the leader command your movements,...unfair numbers in melee) which is different in GF and people appreciate that.

It has to be said that groupfighting has its own community, regiments do groupfighting because it's great and fun but for the overwhelming majority (i've seen almost no very GF oriented regiment such as 85e) their major competition are NWL,1v1s, and LB based tournament and leagues.
More importantly, i personally don't consider that regiments are really part of the competitive aspect of the groupfighting and by competitive aspect i mean gf tournaments.

Their competitive tradition leads them to NWL and 1v1s, also the fact that there is very few regimental gf tournaments in comparison to the most that are standard groupfighting (in which regiments are few to take part in nor doing anything significant), the regimental structure doesn't fit well with the gf community (5v5,7v7,8v8..)(non-partisan gf team to be competitive), make me definitely think that regiments are not part of the groupfighting community, the groupfighting teams  exist if you like gf and want to focus on it you get to join one, there are group out there totally devoted to GF, the gf teams are the group that are truly concerned by whether or not you are better depending on gf results, you have to be involved in the community of your main type of competition for it to be the factor that say "you are better than them", its only good sense to be valued  relatively to your historic and main type of competition

We could compare regiments to a veteran pro boxer that is still boxing (1v1s, LB) that has a long carrer behind him (tradition), he discover mma (groupfighting) he likes it, its refreshing and found it more nervous than usual boxing fights, he start fight in mma (which the popularity is increasing) but not professionally or a very few (tournaments) because its not his primary and traditional sport, he eventually beat an other boxer that started mma in an amical fight , so then do we consider consider him as a better fighter  because he beat an other boxer in a sport that is not boxing but still is about fighting ? no, we judge the boxer on his boxing carreer.
We judge a regiment on his 1v1s carreer.

Following this logic, we can say this regiment is better than this one in gf because of gf result, but not a better regiment, as the regiment is originally fit for battles and linebattles and then to its competitive extend 1v1 competition.
Even in term of meta, i know this game enough to tell you that there is real differences that occur real consequences on result between 1v1s and groupfighting.
You're not beating a regiment in 1vs1 because you did in gf, very very far from it.

GF popularity increased a lot, is widely played and thats for the best but 1v1s and LB remain the big deal for regiments.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 10:15:16 pm »
Personally I think its groupfighting nowadays, the age of 1v1's has kinda passed it's an old meta. Gf's still require tactics/strategy so it still requires some form of leadership and co-ordination, and there is less 'luck' involved as we all know shooting is just pure bs. I mean if regiment A beats regiment B 6-4 in a 1v1 but then regiment B wins against regiment A in gf 15-0 then I think it's quite clear who's better still.
^

1v1 lb's are fucking trash aswell
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

AeroNinja

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 10:18:04 pm »
Yeah shooting is autism. Would be fun to just fire a single volley and then being forced to melee.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 10:19:56 pm »
If you would get rid of shooting than you lost a random aspect but also get rid of the tactical aspect in the same way and it just becomes a groupfighting at larger scales with no limits (no arena).
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 10:22:46 pm »
I simply just don't like linebattles, it was fun 2 years ago for me, i just want to melee.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

AeroNinja

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 10:23:47 pm »
But Starkkkk, if they don't shoot you then you just fuck a whole line up on just yourself. :(