Poll

What are you looking forward to the most in NaS 1.0?

The new uniforms and classes
86 (57.7%)
The new sounds
8 (5.4%)
The new environment and scenes
22 (14.8%)
The new props
6 (4%)
The replacement of all CSA officers with Manny Calavera from LucasArts' Grim Fandango
27 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: June 01, 2015, 11:56:54 am

Author Topic: North and South - First Manassas 1.0 [in progress]  (Read 266234 times)

Offline NicolasKiyoshi

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North and South - First Manassas 1.0 [in progress]
« Reply #1260 on: April 10, 2015, 03:51:21 am »
Man i will be very sincere now regardeless of how the community will answer what i will say ( I'm specting butthurts and angry plebs ). This mod is making what i consider not acceptable in my ideas, in the begining I saw that it was very historical accurate ( real life regiment uniforms, autentic weaponry, and other details ), but then i saw this ... let's say "fan fiction" based on the 1860s Civil War context, beside this was possible and it's foreign forces accurate to the period , it's not historical accurate, i know that removing the foreign units will make the community angry towards the developing team, but shit man. I'm certain that's parot's idea, like he did on Blood and Iron mod with the Microfactions and ModernUnits factions he did, didn't liked at all. Anyway I want to play a historically accurate game ( i also know that y'all trying to make some balance, for example making the most accurate muskets less effective in melee, but what I really freaking want is a accurate game ). So that's all for now I guess, I'm very certain that this reply of mine will be replied negatively, but I can't keep these ideas only for me, I felt that it was like my personal burden in my mind to do what i'm doing. That's it, and please butthurters and enemies, try to not be like butthurting this message.

I agree. I hope there are others willing to preserve the real North and South and the history that allows us to love this mod.
Like others have said, you can still play as the Confederates and the Union, it's not like they're gone forever. If you don't like the new nations (faction), don't play as them. Simple as that. Balance is necessary in a game, but I would like some weapons added that were taken out because people complained about it.

Well its in the hands of the event admins.

The solution is not simply not playing with the foreign intervention factions, because most players will use this factions and i will have to see them and fight them around with the uniforms of armies that didn't fought in the Civil War!!!!

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1261 on: April 10, 2015, 04:06:31 am »
Man i will be very sincere now regardeless of how the community will answer what i will say ( I'm specting butthurts and angry plebs ). This mod is making what i consider not acceptable in my ideas, in the begining I saw that it was very historical accurate ( real life regiment uniforms, autentic weaponry, and other details ), but then i saw this ... let's say "fan fiction" based on the 1860s Civil War context, beside this was possible and it's foreign forces accurate to the period , it's not historical accurate, i know that removing the foreign units will make the community angry towards the developing team, but shit man. I'm certain that's parot's idea, like he did on Blood and Iron mod with the Microfactions and ModernUnits factions he did, didn't liked at all. Anyway I want to play a historically accurate game ( i also know that y'all trying to make some balance, for example making the most accurate muskets less effective in melee, but what I really freaking want is a accurate game ). So that's all for now I guess, I'm very certain that this reply of mine will be replied negatively, but I can't keep these ideas only for me, I felt that it was like my personal burden in my mind to do what i'm doing. That's it, and please butthurters and enemies, try to not be like butthurting this message.

I agree. I hope there are others willing to preserve the real North and South and the history that allows us to love this mod.
Like others have said, you can still play as the Confederates and the Union, it's not like they're gone forever. If you don't like the new nations (faction), don't play as them. Simple as that. Balance is necessary in a game, but I would like some weapons added that were taken out because people complained about it.

Well its in the hands of the event admins.

The solution is not simply not playing with the foreign intervention factions, because most players will use this factions and i will have to see them and fight them around with the uniforms of armies that didn't fought in the Civil War!!!!
The uniforms are accurate for that time period, but if you don't want to see them don't play on those servers. I think you're just overreacting about it. Again, you will still see fighting between the CSA and the USA. Hell, there might even be a server who is strictly only playing as Rebs and Yanks.

Offline JohannGustavsen

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stMN[B]Cpt.Wilfried
« Reply #1262 on: April 10, 2015, 06:15:13 am »
I believe many servers will continue to run the Union and CSA, not many in this community seem to hyped about the other nations.

Offline TheRealHunter

• Major General
  • Property of Chriseh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harris
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1263 on: April 10, 2015, 11:24:54 am »
I think in some LBs there will be the new nations but mostly it will stay on CSA vs Union.

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josy_Wales
« Reply #1264 on: April 10, 2015, 12:58:41 pm »
I realy don't understand why some people have problems with the new factions. I know a lot of people are afraid of everything new, but come on.. You can just see on the amount of uniforms and weapons for USA and CSA that they are still the focus. the new factions will expand the community for the mod, bring some new fresh content to the mod, make some really cool "what if" battles and you can have some really cool events representing other wars and have other types of events, like the French intervention of Mexico or an Alamo event like Hinkel said.

Its not the end of the CSA against USA, its just expanding the content and possibilities.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:16:24 pm by Josy_Wales »

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 10, 2015, 03:00:05 pm »
Not everyone's interested in "what if" battles, and the majority of the intervention faction battles will not be historical it will be like England vs the Union or something like that, knowing the community.

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josy_Wales
« Reply #1266 on: April 10, 2015, 03:49:04 pm »
Not you again... Just read what I am saying for once. You dont need to join "what if" battles, its just an option, and ofcourse "what if" battles arent historical...
Knowing the comunity? Maby not, but I know there are a lot of snide people who complain and wimp a lot in general on this forum.

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 10, 2015, 04:03:38 pm »
I for one am both historical minded, and think it would be FUN (the point of the factions!) to have other period correct factions that could have possibly fought in the Civil War. I don't get all of the massive hate, these will more than likely be FUN ROUND factions, not "Alright guys let's have the Mexicans fighting the English.

It also sets up the opportunity for some more historical events outside the Civil war, for example the French military colonization of Mexico in the 1860s, or even some far-stretch Mexican War themed battles. They're there for the fun and you guys are just being sour puss' because it's not the union or the confederacy! I mean really. They developed the content for US to use and play out our OWN discretion, it's not like Hinkel is saying "PREPARE THINE BUTTHOLES FOR ANGLO FRANCO MOD!".

I mean really.

Offline LFCJames

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LFCJames
« Reply #1268 on: April 10, 2015, 04:27:55 pm »
I for one am both historical minded, and think it would be FUN (the point of the factions!) to have other period correct factions that could have possibly fought in the Civil War. I don't get all of the massive hate, these will more than likely be FUN ROUND factions, not "Alright guys let's have the Mexicans fighting the English.

It also sets up the opportunity for some more historical events outside the Civil war, for example the French military colonization of Mexico in the 1860s, or even some far-stretch Mexican War themed battles. They're there for the fun and you guys are just being sour puss' because it's not the union or the confederacy! I mean really. They developed the content for US to use and play out our OWN discretion, it's not like Hinkel is saying "PREPARE THINE BUTTHOLES FOR ANGLO FRANCO MOD!".

I mean really.

Well said.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #1269 on: April 10, 2015, 06:07:03 pm »
It's like some of the people who are hating on the new faction don't realize that some of the nations (Mexico and France) were at war at the time.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 10, 2015, 08:15:55 pm »
It's like some of the people who are hating on the new faction don't realize that some of the nations (Mexico and France) were at war at the time.

No that's not it at all. people know, but the whole point of the add-on is foreign intervention. key word is foreign intervention, thus implying that European factions will engage in combat with the Americans and/or the Confederates.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #1271 on: April 10, 2015, 08:20:49 pm »
Only two people voterd for "Any movie with John Wayne"? Whoever the other person, he's awesome!

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline LFCJames

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LFCJames
« Reply #1272 on: April 10, 2015, 08:23:31 pm »
Gods & Generals is the best.

Offline DarthTaco

• Major