Poll

What are you looking forward to the most in NaS 1.0?

The new uniforms and classes
86 (57.7%)
The new sounds
8 (5.4%)
The new environment and scenes
22 (14.8%)
The new props
6 (4%)
The replacement of all CSA officers with Manny Calavera from LucasArts' Grim Fandango
27 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: June 01, 2015, 11:56:54 am

Author Topic: North and South - First Manassas 1.0 [in progress]  (Read 267534 times)

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
  • Side: Union
Re: North and South - First Manassas 1.0 [in progress]
« Reply #1245 on: April 09, 2015, 10:26:26 pm »
Ooooo, does this mean Diplex is returning to the UA again?

Yes, he and the 100+ strong 14th Brooklyn.
My god  8) Has the prodigal son return?

Offline JohannGustavsen

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stMN[B]Cpt.Wilfried
« Reply #1246 on: April 09, 2015, 10:30:02 pm »

Offline PolarBeats

• Sergeant Major
  • To tyrants never yield.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Emperor PolarBeats II of the 1stGBE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1247 on: April 09, 2015, 10:39:40 pm »
Headquarters, Army of Northern Virginia
Appomattox Courthouse, April 9 , 1865
General Order No. 9

After four years of arduous service marked by unsurpassed courage and fortitude, the Army of Northern Virginia has been compelled to yield to overwhelming numbers and resources.

I need not tell the brave survivors of so many hard fought battles, who have remained steadfast to the last, that I have consented to this result from no distrust of them; but feeling that valor and devotion could accomplish nothing that could compensate for the loss that must have attended the continuance of the contest, I determined to avoid the useless sacrifice of those whose past services have endeared them to their countrymen.

By the terms of the agreement, officers and men can return to their homes and remain until exchanged. You will take with you the satisfaction that proceeds from a consciousness of duty faithfully performed; and I earnestly pray that a Merciful God will extend to you His blessings and protection.

With an unceasing admiration of your constancy and devotion to your Country, and a grateful remembrance of your kind and generous consideration for myself, I bid you all an affectionate farewell.

Robert E. Lee
General

“Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory, there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me. Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox with my brave men, my sword in this right hand.”

General Robert E. Lee, August 1870 to Governor Stockdale of Texas

Offline NicolasKiyoshi

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 09, 2015, 10:45:27 pm »
Man i will be very sincere now regardeless of how the community will answer what i will say ( I'm specting butthurts and angry plebs ). This mod is making what i consider not acceptable in my ideas, in the begining I saw that it was very historical accurate ( real life regiment uniforms, autentic weaponry, and other details ), but then i saw this ... let's say "fan fiction" based on the 1860s Civil War context, beside this was possible and it's foreign forces accurate to the period , it's not historical accurate, i know that removing the foreign units will make the community angry towards the developing team, but shit man. I'm certain that's parot's idea, like he did on Blood and Iron mod with the Microfactions and ModernUnits factions he did, didn't liked at all. Anyway I want to play a historically accurate game ( i also know that y'all trying to make some balance, for example making the most accurate muskets less effective in melee, but what I really freaking want is a accurate game ). So that's all for now I guess, I'm very certain that this reply of mine will be replied negatively, but I can't keep these ideas only for me, I felt that it was like my personal burden in my mind to do what i'm doing. That's it, and please butthurters and enemies, try to not be like butthurting this message.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
« Reply #1249 on: April 09, 2015, 10:49:35 pm »
 We have time. I don't want to play a mod with some bugs :/
I think they are doing a great job to find them

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1250 on: April 09, 2015, 10:52:12 pm »
I'm certain that's parot's idea, like he did on Blood and Iron mod with the Microfactions and ModernUnits factions he did, didn't liked at all.

Those factions were added and released before I joined the B&I development team :P
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline PolarBeats

• Sergeant Major
  • To tyrants never yield.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Emperor PolarBeats II of the 1stGBE
« Reply #1251 on: April 09, 2015, 10:54:00 pm »
Man i will be very sincere now regardeless of how the community will answer what i will say ( I'm specting butthurts and angry plebs ). This mod is making what i consider not acceptable in my ideas, in the begining I saw that it was very historical accurate ( real life regiment uniforms, autentic weaponry, and other details ), but then i saw this ... let's say "fan fiction" based on the 1860s Civil War context, beside this was possible and it's foreign forces accurate to the period , it's not historical accurate, i know that removing the foreign units will make the community angry towards the developing team, but shit man. I'm certain that's parot's idea, like he did on Blood and Iron mod with the Microfactions and ModernUnits factions he did, didn't liked at all. Anyway I want to play a historically accurate game ( i also know that y'all trying to make some balance, for example making the most accurate muskets less effective in melee, but what I really freaking want is a accurate game ). So that's all for now I guess, I'm very certain that this reply of mine will be replied negatively, but I can't keep these ideas only for me, I felt that it was like my personal burden in my mind to do what i'm doing. That's it, and please butthurters and enemies, try to not be like butthurting this message.

I see what you are saying and I definitely agree with you on some. The "What if" scenario is a interesting Alt-History aspect that I very much am looking forward too. What if England accepted our alliance to bring down the yanks, and same to Mexico. For me, I would very much like the weapons to be accurate as they can be. Reloads, Shooting, Ammo, Melee etc etc. Just because a few others complain doesnt mean it speaks for the community as a whole.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 09, 2015, 10:54:54 pm »
All I want is the Sharps rifle for the sharpshooters

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #1253 on: April 09, 2015, 10:55:44 pm »
but then i saw this ... let's say "fan fiction" based on the 1860s Civil War context, beside this was possible and it's foreign forces accurate to the period , it's not historical accurate,

If you want to play historical, play with CSA vs. USA.
If you want to have a fun round or doing "a/historical" events.. like the Siege of Alamo or a Mexican Invasion of Texas, play with Foreign Intervention vs. CSA.

There is no a-historical unit added to any of those civil war factions. The Foreign Intervention is an own faction, which can be ignored at any time.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1254 on: April 09, 2015, 11:03:17 pm »
Ooooo, does this mean Diplex is returning to the UA again?

Yes, he and the 100+ strong 14th Brooklyn.
Sweet shit.  8)

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
« Reply #1255 on: April 09, 2015, 11:04:07 pm »
but then i saw this ... let's say "fan fiction" based on the 1860s Civil War context, beside this was possible and it's foreign forces accurate to the period , it's not historical accurate,

If you want to play historical, play with CSA vs. USA.
If you want to have a fun round or doing "a/historical" events.. like the Siege of Alamo or a Mexican Invasion of Texas, play with Foreign Intervention vs. CSA.

There is no a-historical unit added to any of those civil war factions. The Foreign Intervention is an own faction, which can be ignored at any time.

that is everyone literally keeps saying to the people who dont like them, like there is the CSA vs USA, I am pretty sure when the next version gets released, 90% of the line battles will still be USA vs CSA, not with the foreign, and it is also an admin decision or poll the nations on each servers what faction goes out against each other. The mod is still about the American Civil War, but finally it will have more faction and more unit more fun, the fundementals of it doubtly will change. It is just an option to go against the Foreign fac.
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 09, 2015, 11:11:57 pm »

I agree. I hope there are others willing to preserve the real North and South and the history that allows us to love this mod.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 09, 2015, 11:25:13 pm »

I agree. I hope there are others willing to preserve the real North and South and the history that allows us to love this mod.
Like others have said, you can still play as the Confederates and the Union, it's not like they're gone forever. If you don't like the new nations (faction), don't play as them. Simple as that. Balance is necessary in a game, but I would like some weapons added that were taken out because people complained about it. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:29:21 pm by Ry1459 »

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 10, 2015, 01:07:34 am »

Like others have said, you can still play as the Confederates and the Union, it's not like they're gone forever. If you don't like the new nations (faction), don't play as them. Simple as that. Balance is necessary in a game, but I would like some weapons added that were taken out because people complained about it.

Well its in the hands of the event admins.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 10, 2015, 03:31:23 am »
Is it too late to make a suggestion? I would love for the bugler to be able to play taps so we can hold a ceremony after battles to the fallen  :P
Like in this video:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:17:37 pm by Ry1459 »