Poll

What are you looking forward to the most in NaS 1.0?

The new uniforms and classes
86 (57.7%)
The new sounds
8 (5.4%)
The new environment and scenes
22 (14.8%)
The new props
6 (4%)
The replacement of all CSA officers with Manny Calavera from LucasArts' Grim Fandango
27 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: June 01, 2015, 11:56:54 am

Author Topic: North and South - First Manassas 1.0 [in progress]  (Read 268386 times)

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North and South - First Manassas 1.0 [in progress]
« Reply #1800 on: June 06, 2015, 01:34:25 pm »
Here is an analogy about food
If you're still confused, keep reading! I hope this can help explain it a little better...

Think of North and South 1.0 as a nice, fruity, juicy, apple pie. Mmmm. We all have seen American Pie, and we can't wait to put the Module in the Warband Directory.

So right now, North and South looks something like this:

A pre-oven pie. Cold and no hole in it; you could already do certain things with it, but it wouldn't be so glorious and a big mess. Now for the first beta, the Union Army had a slice of that pre-oven pie,and said to us "U WOT M8 IT AINT WARM AND I CANT INSTALL MY FILES". So the team went back to work, put a hole with their fingers in it and put it in the oven for a bit.

Now some of you guys have seen these people with slices of the pie, and have instantly thought "they have good time with pie", without noticing that the pie that they have is cold and shit. The North and South team wants to give you guys a good time with a warm and juicy pie that looks like this:

[close]

fixed
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:37:35 pm by hardcorefreestyleboy »
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1801 on: June 06, 2015, 02:01:38 pm »
Here is an analogy about food
If you're still confused, keep reading! I hope this can help explain it a little better...

Think of North and South 1.0 as a nice, fruity, juicy, apple pie. Mmmm. We all have seen American Pie, and we can't wait to put the Module in the Warband Directory.

So right now, North and South looks something like this:

A pre-oven pie. Cold and no hole in it; you could already do certain things with it, but it wouldn't be so glorious and a big mess. Now for the first beta, the Union Army had a slice of that pre-oven pie,and said to us "U WOT M8 IT AINT WARM AND I CANT INSTALL MY FILES". So the team went back to work, put a hole with their fingers in it and put it in the oven for a bit.

Now some of you guys have seen these people with slices of the pie, and have instantly thought "they have good time with pie", without noticing that the pie that they have is cold and shit. The North and South team wants to give you guys a good time with a warm and juicy pie that looks like this:

[close]

fixed

Cheeky

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: June 06, 2015, 02:28:40 pm »
But funny.

Offline Major Sharpe

• Second Lieutenant
  • Aliases: Brother_Padre, Angbar, E.Spears
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20thME_Col_E.Spears
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1803 on: June 06, 2015, 11:21:50 pm »
Some screens of the 20th Maine using there class in the 1.0 event:

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:22:03 pm by Major Sharpe »

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: June 06, 2015, 11:38:53 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Screenshots aren't working for some reason.

I can view them when I quote you though -- nice screens!

Offline Major Sharpe

• Second Lieutenant
  • Aliases: Brother_Padre, Angbar, E.Spears
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20thME_Col_E.Spears
« Reply #1805 on: June 06, 2015, 11:43:02 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

Screenshots aren't working for some reason.

I can view them when I quote you though -- nice screens!

Thank you! :) I'll try to get them to work normally.

Offline MrMan04

• Private
  • Former Commander of the 8thVA and 2nd Division, DA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: June 07, 2015, 12:14:14 am »
Hello Hinkel,

I am a Captain in the 8th Virginia regiment in the Dixieland Army. I am currently talking to communicate with you through BrigGen Whetzel (he has been sending you steam messages) about trying to get a Unit In game for our Regiment. We are willing to donate money and our group has been active within the DA since October of 2014. Is there any way representatives from our Regiment can chat with you, because we may be even willing to change our name back to the 8th Alabama to get the "Emerald Guards" Uniform. Let me know if we can chat!

Thanks,
MrMan- Captain of the 8thVA

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: June 07, 2015, 12:27:04 am »
Hello Hinkel,

I am a Captain in the 8th Virginia regiment in the Dixieland Army. I am currently talking to communicate with you through BrigGen Whetzel (he has been sending you steam messages) about trying to get a Unit In game for our Regiment. We are willing to donate money and our group has been active within the DA since October of 2014. Is there any way representatives from our Regiment can chat with you, because we may be even willing to change our name back to the 8th Alabama to get the "Emerald Guards" Uniform. Let me know if we can chat!

Thanks,

You should probably have private messaged him.

Offline ManlyMan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ManlyMan
« Reply #1808 on: June 07, 2015, 12:36:16 am »
Hello Hinkel,

Thanks,

Goddammit MrMan

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: June 07, 2015, 12:56:41 am »
The fail is real

Offline MrMan04

• Private
  • Former Commander of the 8thVA and 2nd Division, DA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: June 07, 2015, 01:01:02 am »
I'm sorry If I inconvenienced any of you all..... I never really participate in forums, only read them.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: June 07, 2015, 02:12:30 am »
Ah!. I was playing with the uniforms yesterday too, and made a 10thNY skin
Spoiler
[close]

Hinkel I have a question, Why any zouave regiment hasn't a "turban" with the hat? I remember in WoR
Please Hinkel make this a thing!

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #1812 on: June 07, 2015, 03:43:30 am »
Played 1.0 for the first time today and my mind was blown because of  how good it looked!

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
« Reply #1813 on: June 07, 2015, 06:12:19 am »
I've been playing North and South Beta 1.0 since it was in closed beta. Even when it was first on the Union Army Server, and I never had a problem with the mod. Acted like any other mod when it came play time.Such as the no crashing, no freezing, or the long delays in movement. However, with the new release of the newer version of the beta, the mod as been hell to play with.

Today was the first official event in the Dixieland Army, with a good attendance around 130 people. First time that my regiment (5th Georgia Volunteers) would get to use our skins. Pretty excited, and the fact that I was offline for two days, so I was eager to enjoy the 1.0. However, after I got the balance with the teams situated, I tried joining the server(Crashed while changing maps), and  every time I tried to log into the several, with the map of Manassas Day, it crashed. I've tried 7 times to log into the server, and it crashed. So, I figured it was the map. As soon it changed to the next map, Side of Town, I'd join it. For a couple of mins, it freezes, I crash. Or, the Uniforms turn black, and a red text pops up in the lower left corner. The text reads " Unable to open texture file *Texture name* Modules/North and South(EDX-1)". After that, the games crashes because all the uniforms turn black. And of course there's other ways the game crashes like, freezing while trying to move, hell even looking around, ect. Im not saying I have a bad computer, I can usually run Arma two on high graphics and alot of other games. So I really don't know where the problems lies.

I turned down my graphics, hoping that would relieve it. Nothing, I've reinstalled the mod, nothing, Ive also reinstalled Mount and Blade: Warband nothing. If you guys know anything regarding how I can simply enjoy a event without crashing every 5mins, that would be awesome.  :D

- [5thGA] Irish Warrior, Brigadier General
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:16:08 am by Irish_Warrior »

Offline Jonny Powers

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1814 on: June 07, 2015, 06:16:50 am »
(Crashed while changing maps)

I got this a lot. My frames really dropped and then I crashed every time a new map was introduced, and to a lesser extent during the new rounds. I thought it was the sheer amount of people and need to run with that many people on, but I encountered similar when we held our briefing post-game on the 1.0 server with approx 15 guys and experienced the same near the end of it.