Author Topic: Concerning Forum Profiles  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
  • Side: Union
Concerning Forum Profiles
« on: February 17, 2013, 02:52:29 pm »

Earlier today I had to ask Olafson to change my pofile name. I just thought, there must be others who have problems with their name, so maybe an option to let users change their forum profile name when they want, so they dont have to go to a moderator...

Just a thought
Sincerely
Napoleon

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
Re: Concerning Forum Profiles
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 03:00:36 pm »
To be honest I think the system is fine. Not many people want to change their forum names, and those who do can just PM an admin. No fuss done.

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 03:02:11 pm »
Yes, but it is a hassle for admins who have to change things every now and then

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 03:20:52 pm »
Isn't it possible anymore? I remember changing my name a few hours after I created my profile because I had an underscore in it.
But yeah, not really a big problem I guess. It's just annoying with people chaning their names all the time. Impossible to keep track of the trolls ;)
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:44:32 am »
There should be a system like on the Total War Center forums where a thread is specifically created for the purpose. The person can not change their name all the time, only if they really want to/need to. They post in the thread what they want it changed to, a mod/admin changes it, and deletes the post.

The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 06:01:29 am »
This presents a problem however when admins need to find someone specific using the members search function and can create further headaches in terms of associating posts with users if they continually change their name. In most cases the number of users wanting to change their name is probably pretty small on average making it less practical to change the current lack of a name changer option. Alone community confusion as to who is who when your getting used to a particular poster only to have to figure out again who your talking to every time they change their name or avatar is not an incentive in my view. :(

Spoiler

[close]

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »
They don't allow someone to change their name every day/week/month. You must be serious about actually changing your name, and know that you're basically stuck with it.
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]