Author Topic: NWWC 2018 Suggestions  (Read 41727 times)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC Suggestions
« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2018, 03:53:24 pm »
I think it'd be best to do 2 FRA servers, 1 NL, 1 GER.

German servers are of shit quality and besides this all would be a fuck fest between people bitching about servers, The French want the French servers and the Germans the German server etc..
Just make it that you have good French servers which are frequently reset so that no performance issues occur, in terms of the Dutch servers I suppose that is a middle ground never felt any major difference playing on those compared to the French ones

Exactly, having multiple servers will only cause shit tons of whining, shittalking and other cancer about the servers. Settle with one group of solid servers. Which one that is is up to the organizers.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #196 on: March 08, 2018, 04:00:56 pm »

German servers are of shit quality and besides this all would be a fuck fest between people bitching about servers, The French want the French servers and the Germans the German server etc..
Just make it that you have good French servers which are frequently reset so that no performance issues occur, in terms of the Dutch servers I suppose that is a middle ground never felt any major difference playing on those compared to the French ones

Exactly, having multiple servers will only cause shit tons of whining, shittalking and other cancer about the servers. Settle with one group of solid servers. Which one that is is up to the organizers.
It's what we've always done, I'd just add a rule to make it if both teams don't agree on a server that is available they by default have to play on a French one.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2018, 04:03:53 pm »

It's what we've always done, I'd just add a rule to make it if both teams don't agree on a server that is available they by default have to play on a French one.

Okay so everyone ends up playing on the French server :))

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2018, 04:06:31 pm »

Ehh, that rule would fix much. French, Dutch and UK teams could just never agree with the other team, so that they always get a French server by default, which they obviously prefer.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2018, 04:08:41 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
Not if both French servers are in use.  :))

Also I doubt Norway v NL is going to pick France over NL, for example.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2018, 04:13:16 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Yea that is eventually the bloody issue then is it not instead of everyone being able to play on decent servers from the French, you end up getting fucked in your arse and play on a server you probably didn't want to play in the first place :))

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2018, 04:14:07 pm »
The difference between a server in Frankfurt, a server in Paris and a server somewhere in Benelux is negligible as long as it is of good quality.

From personal experience, playing from Athens, my ping hardly changes at all in any western European server, including those located in London.
AS LONG as the server is high quality. You should be fine.
I have seen everything from 50 to 90 ping all in Paris hosted servers for example. On bad servers

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2018, 04:15:21 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Ofcourse, but that is not where the problem lies. German servers could make a significant difference in a FRA vs CZSK match for example. And that is where France could abuse that rule (not that im saying that they 100% would, but lets be honest)

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2018, 04:15:42 pm »
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2018, 04:16:29 pm »
The same discussions every season...

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2018, 04:20:09 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Ofcourse, but that is not where the problem lies. German servers could make a significant difference in a FRA vs CZSK match for example. And that is where France could abuse that rule (not that im saying that they 100% would, but lets be honest)
It's not hard to make a rule that works around that, both teams have to agree on a server, if both teams disagree they have to play on a server that is neither team's 'home' server. E.g. GER v FRA, if neither side agree then they play on NL.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2018, 04:22:01 pm »

Because it never gets properly resolved every bloody season it's the same because eventually it does happen we have shitty servers outside of France and then the people complain about that again.

For once just accept you ain't gonna have a ping advantage regardless but atleast have a server which has the overall quality so that for everyone atleast the performance is good.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2018, 04:24:40 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

It's not hard to make a rule that works around that, both teams have to agree on a server, if both teams disagree they have to play on a server that is neither team's 'home' server. E.g. GER v FRA, if neither side agree then they play on NL.
Hmm, I think that could still have the same problem, but at least to a lesser degree. Still,  I believe you guys can make it work. Whatever the eventual decision, its nice to see that people can still have a civil discussion on this forum from time to time.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2018, 04:25:51 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Hmm, I think that could still have the same problem, but at least to a lesser degree. Still,  I believe you guys can make it work. Whatever the eventual decision, its nice to see that people can still have a civil discussion on this forum from time to time.
[close]
It could still be abused to some extent, but not to the extent of FRA v GER, GER being forced to play on a FRA server.

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2018, 04:27:22 pm »

Because it never gets properly resolved every bloody season it's the same because eventually it does happen we have shitty servers outside of France and then the people complain about that again.

For once just accept you ain't gonna have a ping advantage regardless but atleast have a server which has the overall quality so that for everyone atleast the performance is good.
last season all servers we used were in france.