Author Topic: 22nd TS in MM  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
22nd TS in MM
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:10:50 am »
I remember when the entire Mount & musket community ( NA AND EU) Was all in 1 teamspeak. the old 22nd teamspeak. There were like hundreds of people all in 1 teamspeak and everyone was really close. How come like that didn't transition to NW and everyone moved to different teamspeaks? Just wondering.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 22nd TS in MM
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 10:36:47 am »
Most major regiments bought their own servers at some point. As did smaller regiments eventually. Wouldn't know why it suddenly happened though. I agree, it was a nice teamspeak. I gave it a try to populate it again a long time ago, however it was rather pointless.  :'(

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 12:24:11 pm »
The same teamspeak still exists, but generally people get their own servers/rent servers within the community, which sometimes come with being given a section of a community teamspeak etc.
As for the why, well, it was quite limiting. You had only 1 channel for yourself (generally) and couldn't make your own groups etc. Lots of regiments make a million groups for ranks, medals and so on.

Offline Dealen

• First Lieutenant
  • Summer Is comming.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Nick: 81st_Col_Dealen
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 01:22:03 pm »
The same teamspeak still exists, but generally people get their own servers/rent servers within the community, which sometimes come with being given a section of a community teamspeak etc.
As for the why, well, it was quite limiting. You had only 1 channel for yourself (generally) and couldn't make your own groups etc. Lots of regiments make a million groups for ranks, medals and so on.
Yeah, I think that was the case, the options on teamspeak was very limited. It's impossible to have a regiment with only one channel. It used to be more extended in early days of MM. Would be nice to see the community taking advantage of the 22nd ts if added new server operators and allowed more options for the users. Maybe this will happen in battle cry?

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:07:31 am »
I just enjoyed the fact that you could talk to a lot of people of the community and many times 3+ regiments went in one teamspeak channel to do something like karaoke or talk to each other.

Will FSE promote an official BCoF TS on release or will it be replaced with some sort of in game voice communication?

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 12:07:42 pm »

Will FSE promote an official BCoF TS on release or will it be replaced with some sort of in game voice communication?
I would hate  it if you could only communicate to the people close to you (if they do input voice comms) but it would be ok if you could communicate with everyone, although it would be busy. still prefer TS
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 07:14:43 pm »
Quite simply, the community size exploded. When NW landed the total number of players went up to the point where not only was 1 channel insufficient for a regiment to manage but the number of regiments increased dramatically.

I do miss the days when if you were missing a few guys for an event you just scrolled down the channels and asked. That and everyone diving in on the public Line battle event to try and get in the channel they wanted with their regiment. But they are long gone sadly and wouldn't work any more anyway.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 02:10:30 am »
Quite simply, the community size exploded. When NW landed the total number of players went up to the point where not only was 1 channel insufficient for a regiment to manage but the number of regiments increased dramatically.

I do miss the days when if you were missing a few guys for an event you just scrolled down the channels and asked. That and everyone diving in on the public Line battle event to try and get in the channel they wanted with their regiment. But they are long gone sadly and wouldn't work any more anyway.
Indeed, teamspeak wasnt really built for servers with 100+ more people in them. It's really annyoing scrolling down through hundreds of channels. and people

I think I even preferred it that regiments only had 1-3 channels. Now adays some regiments have more channels in their teamspeak than they have members attend events. 1 to 3 member to channel ratio. Sometimes its just obscene how many channels can be spammed. 90% unused. also must have like 8 spacers for no reason. LOL
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:15:41 am by Coconut »

Offline Gared

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yusuf
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 03:41:13 pm »
I remember the Seymour's channel.  :)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 08:06:09 pm »
Damn yeah. I miss the late night Seymour sessions... Playing Cossacks together, so much fun that was.  :'(

Not sure where that Canadian is hanging around now.

Offline tacticalretreat

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 07:03:32 pm »

haha :D I miss just popping into diff channels to find a 1v1 or the old MM training servers those were great got a few random 1v1's done on those between 2 regs going to go 'train' ending up doing an lb