Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 217575 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2017, 06:20:43 pm »
I love you all, but I'm not reading all that haha
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2017, 06:41:48 pm »
I love you all, but I'm not reading all that haha

We could hire someone to make a tl;tr each 5 pages of discussions, worth it imo.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2017, 06:48:58 pm »
But Tardet, isn't paragraphs the only thing you are good at?!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2017, 06:58:15 pm »
But Tardet, isn't paragraphs the only thing you are good at?!

Hello, my self-esteem has been calling, it wants to know when it is allowed to come back?

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2017, 07:49:37 pm »
Roster idea is good as long as checking the id's of people playing a match are checked against those who are allowed to play otherwise it's a complete waste of time.

Didn't read most of the posts but there really should be too many chances to change your player lists

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2017, 08:53:27 pm »
Roster idea is good as long as checking the id's of people playing a match are checked against those who are allowed to play otherwise it's a complete waste of time.

Didn't read most of the posts but there really should be too many chances to change your player lists

A whitelist was proposed so that only these players can join the server that day.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2017, 10:13:49 pm »
Situations that occur during a RGL:

The situation I speak of is purely fictitious and any relation to existing folk is merely coincidence.

Someone cries and leaves a RGL reg. Lets call them Rejection Personnel. Rejection Personnel brings with him, his 2 packs of cheap tesco cider and 4 members of the gang, whom if they didn't they would be banned from Tesco. Very crippling for the job security you see.

Now, Rejection Personnel has moved to Asda to purchase the cheap cider and brought his gang. The old grandma whom happens to have multiple names for whatever fricking reason, you know. They can't decide. Anyhom, Apollocalypse is now very happy and smiles.

Asda now have 4 reasonable skilled members, none better than a NW god called b0b of course. Tesco become a little worse of as it so happens, Rejection Personnel and his gang were quite influential.  Never fear, for after words with his court lawyer, Mr I Drink Guinness for a living guides his motley crew of walking talking white flags to a win.

Now, the potential was Mr I Drink Guinness's motley gang could have been on target for a win and then lost it because some hooligans move shops. RGL is in tatters.

The morale of this story, 1 reg per RGL season. To save both the cider supplies, and the fairness.

This leaves to scenario 2. Notsoreich's Shop takes the name of a famous shop and runs it to the ground (as to be expected) and the shop goes bankrupt. Asda and Morrisons run riot and quickly attempt to sell their cider to the homeless. Is this allowed? I mean, poor folk like Loxma's twin brother were cast aside and quickly snapped up by Morrisons.

Morale of the story, I would argue, if a terribly run reg quits very early. The players are allowed to move to another RGL season. If the reg quits mid season onwards, they are reglocked and cannot play for another regiment.

Story 3, A golden player whom claims he's Irish (no comment) wants his cousin to remain playing in the sand pit with 4 other kids on a regular basis. But on weekends, when the RGL match is on, the cousin walks over and states he wants to dip his toes into the ocean and play there for a day. On the weekdays he goes back to the sandpit.

Morale of the story, he plays in the small reg the most for 6+ days a week, cannot play for a RGL regiment. His older but still quite clumsy fluffed up chap plays for a sandpit regiment 4 days and in the ocean for 3 days. The sandpit regiment doesn't play in RGL, he should be eligible.

Shock horror! you may scream, why can't young jimmy (Sandpit player) play whereas Timmy (The fluffed up chap) can. Quite simply, the community is wise enough by now and should be old enough to be honest to admit that Timmy is in 2 regiments, but splits his time across whereas Jimmy was bribed with sweeties to play on the weekends.

*drops the mic*

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2017, 10:19:18 pm »
Those made up people sound really similar, you're a great story teller.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:01 pm »
Those made up people sound really similar, you're a great story teller.

I wanna hear more stories from grandpa Bobie.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2017, 10:30:05 pm »
cider :-\

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2017, 10:44:02 pm »
10/10

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2017, 10:57:30 pm »
So who is making the 17e season 5 winners graphic for our sigs? Id like to add it now so I can carry it over to holdfast. Let's be honest we already won xdddddddddddddd
Xdssdd
xdssdd
Xdssdd
!!!!!

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2017, 11:03:37 pm »
So who is making the 17e season 5 winners graphic for our sigs? Id like to add it now so I can carry it over to holdfast. Let's be honest we already won xdddddddddddddd
Xdssdd
xdssdd
Xdssdd
!!!!!
quoting so if you guys lose you look like a mug xD!!!!

Offline Eddie

• Sergeant Major
  • Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland" Regiment of Fo
    • View Profile
    • Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland" Regiment of Foot Class: Line Expected Attendance: 25+ Leader's Steam name: you have me Do you agree to the rules?: Yep
  • Nick: Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland"
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2017, 11:09:02 pm »
By request of Pieter and on behalf of the 17e I would like to preemptively and graciously accept this season's trophy.

It's going to be a good season with a lot of equally matched regiments vying for that coveted silver placing to prove for once and for all who the 2nd best regiment is, as we all know none of you can even come close to challenging us, our biggest challenge being the rapidly fading motivation to even bother showing up to an event with a complete lack of competition or any sort of challenge.

Well that's all Pieter told me to relay, good luck to whomever is worthy of being the least bad among you and may your demolition by the 17e not drive you to disband.

Happy Kwanzaa, Hannukah and merry Christmas as that's the time I expect us to be lifting that easy 1st trophy. รถ7

Offline Ioxma

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2017, 11:10:53 pm »
Shut the fuck up you feet loving cunt stain!