Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 727317 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #5115 on: September 05, 2017, 01:31:09 am »
I would say SK is still the number 1 team atm. Astralis at #2. G2 #3. G2 is pretty inconsistent tbh. I don't really think there are any teams close to those 3 at this time

Faze fucked their roster by adding to out of form players :/
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5116 on: September 05, 2017, 01:34:04 am »
I would say SK is still the number 1 team atm. Astralis at #2. G2 #3. G2 is pretty inconsistent tbh. I don't really think there are any teams close to those 3 at this time

Faze fucked their roster by adding to out of form players :/

Respectable BabyJ, but i have to say G2 trumps Astralis every time IMO. However i would say they are for sure the top 3 teams atm without a doubt.

Will never understand FaZe although i do like all the players they just seem out of place and constantly making huge roster swaps.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: September 05, 2017, 01:48:21 am »
So I'm denying statistics when all of the statistics I just gave you came directly from HLTV? You just backtracked again since you were proven wrong. Earlier on you were saying G2 were the best team in the world and now you're saying that you could argue that SK are better. You just try your best to take back what you said whenever you're proven wrong.

I don't know what me being a NiP fan is showing other than the fact that I'm unbiased. It's not like I'm saying NiP are better than G2 because they're obviously not. Sure, Bodyy is better than I thought he was going to be but come back in a few months when G2 have achieved some consistent results and I'll agree with you. Until then I'll argue your point.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: September 05, 2017, 01:54:41 am »
*meant to correct a spelling error but accidentally posted again  ::)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: September 05, 2017, 01:56:04 am »
My 1st post on the subject.
G2 is the most solid team in the scene at the moment while you could argue for SK. No other team is even close to being in that discussion. Astralis was close to being in that argument for a short period but proved once again they are still just as unstable and unreliable as they were back in the Dignitas and later days of TSM. Gambit was and will be a one hit wonder. And the other top tier teams are obviously not even worth mentioning in this conversation.

G2 IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD CURRENTLY.

Now post your b.s bait and hate. And try and show 1 team besides SK that could be argued better then G2 on a grand scale atm in CS.

So I'm denying statistics when all of the statistics I just gave you came directly from HLTV? You just backtracked again since you were proven wrong. Earlier on you were saying G2 were the best team in the world and now you're saying that you could argue that SK are better. You just try your best to take back what you said whenever you're proven wrong.

I don't know what me being a NiP fan is showing other than the fact that I'm unbiased. It's not like I'm saying NiP are better than G2 because they're obviously not. Sure, Bodyy is better than I thought he was going to be but come back in a few months when G2 have achieved some consistent results and I'll agree with you. Until then I'll argue your point.

And if you are follow HLTV stats then how can you argue with me when HLTV has them ranked at 2nd with a decent lead between them and the 3-4th teams on the list.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: September 05, 2017, 01:57:13 am »
Lmfao your first post says "G2 are the best team in the world currently" which according to the statistics you just quoted yourself they aren't.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: September 05, 2017, 02:11:25 am »
Lmfao your first post says "G2 are the best team in the world currently" which according to the statistics you just quoted yourself they aren't.

If they just beat SK and won the most recent big event, that makes them the best currently as the only other real contender for that title at the moment is SK and they were just defeated.

And if you check matches between G2 and SK usually G2 prevails over them and if not the series they have are almost always very close.

Another current ranking board.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: September 05, 2017, 02:23:40 am »
Do you seriously believe that being able to beat one team in a beat of three means that G2 are the the best team in the world. Lots of people have their bogey teams. If that logic is true then Bournemouth are a better football team than Liverpool. SK won two majors and have won a large number of top year events since then, G2 have won a few backed up by tier two event wins against second rate teams.

What other teams have G2 beaten in best of threes in recent times? How many premier titles have they won? Has this lineup ever even gotten out of groups at a major? They might be the best team in the world by the time the next one roles around but they haven't done enough to be considered the best. They simply don't have the consistency for it and you can't argue that because it's in the statistics plain and simple.

Oh and btw I love how, when your own statistics were proved to be against your point desperately you searched for another ranking. Most people use HLTV as a reference point. I mean in that article North are actually ranked higher than astralis.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: September 05, 2017, 02:32:24 am »
Do you seriously believe that being able to beat one team in a beat of three means that G2 are the the best team in the world. Lots of people have their bogey teams. If that logic is true then Bournemouth are a better football team than Liverpool. SK won two majors and have won a large number of top year events since then, G2 have won a few backed up by tier two event wins against second rate teams.

What other teams have G2 beaten in best of threes in recent times? How many premier titles have they won? Has this lineup ever even gotten out of groups at a major? They might be the best team in the world by the time the next one roles around but they haven't done enough to be considered the best. They simply don't have the consistency for it and you can't argue that because it's in the statistics plain and simple.

Oh and btw I love how, when your own statistics were proved to be against your point desperately you searched for another ranking. Most people use HLTV as a reference point. I mean in that article North are actually ranked higher than astralis.

Ok so let me make this simple for you. If SK is the best team in the world based on achievements, and G2 is second overall. But G2 continually beats SK head to head does that not make G2 the better of the two teams? Especially if we are talking specifically about the current position of teams in tier 1 cs? If we are then G2 beating SK and winning the MOST RECENT large high level event then in fact they are CURRENTLY better then SK. And therefore the best team in the world at the moment.

And what teams besides SK are you saying G2 cant beat in bo3? Because they have beaten EVERY T1 team i can think of in a bo3 and even more so recently.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 02:36:02 am by Marceaux »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5124 on: September 05, 2017, 02:36:30 am »
G2 beating SK consistently is important but not the whole picture, since SK is more consistent against other top teams

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #5125 on: September 05, 2017, 02:39:46 am »
Let's put this his in NW terms. I beat Theo in every single ft7 that we have done. Does that make me the better NW player?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: September 05, 2017, 02:40:52 am »
G2 beating SK consistently is important but not the whole picture, since SK is more consistent against other top teams

I agree completely Theo, my point is that CURRENTLY SK is ranked at 1st (HLTV) due to PAST achievements. Therfore if you take recent performances into account G2 is the better team at the moment and therefore currently number 1. As they have proven time and time again to be better then SK head to head. And recently better then SK overall.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: September 05, 2017, 02:42:22 am »
Let's put this his in NW terms. I beat Theo in every single ft7 that we have done. Does that make me the better NW player?
Not nessecarily. He might be better against better opponents and have higher competitive finishes than you. We're talking about the world's best team here not the team morecambe  likely to win in a 1v1. In the aforementioned context SK are clearly the front runners.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5128 on: September 05, 2017, 03:22:02 am »

I agree completely Theo, my point is that CURRENTLY SK is ranked at 1st (HLTV) due to PAST achievements. Therfore if you take recent performances into account G2 is the better team at the moment and therefore currently number 1. As they have proven time and time again to be better then SK head to head. And recently better then SK overall.
While I question whether they've been better recently or overall, my point still stands. G2 has not consistently found success against tier 1 competition like SK has. Until G2 can consistently top 4 (at least) at competitive tournaments that team that does is ahead, no matter what the head-to-head is.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: September 05, 2017, 03:38:32 am »
I completely agree with what Theodin said. Having the ability to beat one top team does not make you the best team. That's not how competitive player works, it isn't so linear. G2 might simply have a setup which SK are poor at countering whilst other teams can to a certain extent. Before Malmo, the last best of three that G2 played was against EnvyUs which they lost!

And SK has actually had more recent success in terms of tournament wins than G2 has. Let's not forget that, before the major, SK won 5 out of the last six events that they had attended. Yes some of them were tier two events but that just shows that SK's achievements outnumber those of G2 in all respects. You can't say that SK are top because of past achievements because the rankings work in a degrading fashion meaning that past results become less relevant the more time that passes. Their old achievements won't count for much in terms of their rankings so they'll be reliant on more recent successes to maintain their ranking.