Author Topic: Pokemon Sword and Shield  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Pokemon Sword and Shield
« on: November 19, 2019, 09:49:01 pm »

"Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield are role-playing video games developed by Game Freak and published by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch. They are the first installments in the eighth generation of the Pokémon video game series and the second in the series to be released on a home game console, after Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!. Officially debuting in February 2019, Pokémon Sword and Shield were released worldwide on November 15, 2019."

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 09:50:27 pm »
Anyone else have it? I am looking for people to trade with etc!

What do you guys think about it?

#SobbleSquad

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 06:58:25 pm »
I heard this game is trash so I have stayed away. IGN's 9.3 or whatever it was calling it the "best pokemon game ever" is turning me off even more after all the negatives I have heard lmao.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 11:02:14 pm »
I heard this game is trash so I have stayed away. IGN's 9.3 or whatever it was calling it the "best pokemon game ever" is turning me off even more after all the negatives I have heard lmao.

Whoever said it was trash was probably upset about dexit. They removed about half of the pokemon from this game. And for that many people boycotted it. They also made some stupid lies to try and reason why they did it. The game also has some parts where the graphics are lacking. But i can tell you that alot of the people that have actually played it are enjoying it. I was initially very upset about the lack of pokemon but once I got into the game I hardly noticed. The game is actually really fun and one of the better pokemon games. They could of done better for sure, but that doesn't make it bad. Look up some player reviews not IGN lmfao...

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 06:47:00 am »

Whoever said it was trash was probably upset about dexit. They removed about half of the pokemon from this game. And for that many people boycotted it. They also made some stupid lies to try and reason why they did it. The game also has some parts where the graphics are lacking. But i can tell you that alot of the people that have actually played it are enjoying it. I was initially very upset about the lack of pokemon but once I got into the game I hardly noticed. The game is actually really fun and one of the better pokemon games. They could of done better for sure, but that doesn't make it bad. Look up some player reviews not IGN lmfao...

Yeah the main thing that turned me off was the lack of pokemon and the $$$. I'll look more into it. I'm probably gonna wait till Christmas to get this game if I ever do actually get it.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 07:52:37 am »

Yeah the main thing that turned me off was the lack of pokemon and the $$$. I'll look more into it. I'm probably gonna wait till Christmas to get this game if I ever do actually get it.

Yeah the price increase is pretty bullshit.

Offline DrunkenSpartan

• Sergeant Major
  • Run towards the sound of thunder :P It's more fun.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Fus_Spartan
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 06:57:11 pm »
And here I am in 2019 still playing my copies of Ruby and Emerald. Best Pokémon games ever IMO. Hit me up if you want to travel across the ocean and hook up via GBA link cable  ::)
It's the same old thing since 1916
In your head, in your head they're still fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And air bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head they are dying...

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 03:45:37 am »
i still enjoy playing the original red, blue, and yellow but i barely keep up with the latest games.  I enjoyed gen 3 more than gen 2 as well. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 05:15:45 am »
I think Diamond is the GOAT but Ruby is a very close second.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 05:35:00 am »
1. Red, blue
2. Emerald, ruby
3. diamond
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 06:36:01 am »
Damn yall really going to diss Gold and Silver like that?

Offline DrunkenSpartan

• Sergeant Major
  • Run towards the sound of thunder :P It's more fun.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Fus_Spartan
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 12:16:49 am »
Damn yall really going to diss Gold and Silver like that?

yes
It's the same old thing since 1916
In your head, in your head they're still fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And air bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head they are dying...

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 12:54:23 am »
Gold and Silver and the remakes HG/SS were amazing! But my favorite might have to be Sapphire idk it is hard to say. Honestly, I've really enjoyed every main series pokemon game. So they are all pretty close for me.

Also for anyone wanting to play any of the games they missed over the years or replay any just get Citra (3DS) or DeSmuME (DS) emulators and you can play through any of the pokemon games you want with ease and for free. I even setup a xbox controller and played them upscaled to 4k in fullscreen. It was an awesome experience! ;D

Citra:
https://citra-emu.org/download/

DeSmuME:
http://desmume.org/download/

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 01:20:51 am »
I enjoyed HG more than i did the original silver or gold.  Sapphire is one of my all time favorites.  With that said, idk if any of them have as many hours as LG.   I love gen 1, and the extra stuff in the end was pretty good.(some minor gripes but w/e)

I am not sure what i played more of when it comes to red, blue or yellow.   i am guessing blue or yellow though i tended to play them somewhat evenly. 

I have a few old gameboys and a regular old DS.  I haven't bothered with any of the newer ones. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 01:53:49 am »
I enjoyed HG more than i did the original silver or gold.  Sapphire is one of my all time favorites.  With that said, idk if any of them have as many hours as LG.   I love gen 1, and the extra stuff in the end was pretty good.(some minor gripes but w/e)

I am not sure what i played more of when it comes to red, blue or yellow.   i am guessing blue or yellow though i tended to play them somewhat evenly. 

I have a few old gameboys and a regular old DS.  I haven't bothered with any of the newer ones.

Yeah HG/SS were GREAT. Probably some of the best. And yeah I agree LG is actually really good despite no random encounter battles I really enjoyed it!