Author Topic: photo of 150th Antietam  (Read 2450 times)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
photo of 150th Antietam
« on: March 04, 2013, 11:50:16 pm »
this is a photo of the 150th Antietam that a friend of mine took this. This is near the end of the afternoons battle of Bloody lane . (Im by the flag with 1 on it)   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:56:34 pm by munk »
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: photo of 150th Antietam
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:53:26 pm »
is there two different reenactment's like Gettysburg. I know the BGA one was titled "Maryland my Maryland"
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:56:02 pm »
Damn. I'm jelly.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:01:23 am »
is there two different reenactment's like Gettysburg. I know the BGA one was titled "Maryland my Maryland"

you are correct there were two diferent reenactments. This was the "Sesquicentenial 150th Anniversry reenactment" which was more for the mainstream reenactor. (women in camps, tents ect.  the other one " Maryland my Maryland was the progressive event no women in camps, no tents unless shelter halfs, brings your own food ect. I did not go to the Mryland my Maryland but i had a friend in my unit who did said that the corfield tatical was much better then this one.
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 12:13:22 am »
Yep I had a guy who was at maryland my maryland and sais it was the best he has ever been in.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:21:47 am »
someday i want to go to go to some more progressive events like "maryland my maryland" but i might need to improve quality my uniform a little more
Spoiler
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 01:07:18 am »
I hope so too, I heard GAC Gburg will be having tactical event at night. Sound like a interesting stuff but I really would love to get in a event where everything is....all planned to the accuracy.

Like McDowell, a friend of mine told me they had the army on the passes. If a solider want to leave the camp, he must get a pass from sergeant major. And also they dont really know where the rebs are at. They had to do patrol and stuff to find each other. 

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 02:57:10 am »
that would be awsome if they had a tatical at night, I have done a early morring tatical so 5am (pitch black) before at cedar creek and it was one the best taticals ever
Spoiler
[close]

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 02:58:21 am »
Nice 

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 03:23:57 am »
Maryland, My Maryland will be forever etched into my mind. Looking at the sun through the gunpowder and cannon smoke was eerie as all hell. Also, the cornfield battle was epic. Couldn't see 5 meters in front of you. You could just hear the enemy line firing.

Took a pretty sweet hit retreating from the cornfield. Ran past the wooden fence and took a hit in the back, falling like a sack of potatoes straight on my face.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 04:50:40 am »
Maryland, My Maryland will be forever etched into my mind. Looking at the sun through the gunpowder and cannon smoke was eerie as all hell. Also, the cornfield battle was epic. Couldn't see 5 meters in front of you. You could just hear the enemy line firing.

Took a pretty sweet hit retreating from the cornfield. Ran past the wooden fence and took a hit in the back, falling like a sack of potatoes straight on my face.

Ouch.......  but pretty sweet!