Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 32377 times)

Offline St0m_GER

• Corporal
  • SCHÖÖÖÖN!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Discussion
« Reply #300 on: September 30, 2020, 08:01:23 pm »
Spoiler
You left after we heard about Feezy thing but I couldn’t say if you were aware of it before doing so

Absolutely correct. You even mentioned in your message that it is unlucky FeezY lost us some points so how can you actually lie in front of all the people on fse ?
I spoked with someone about my feelings on that day. When I was writing the text for u, I heard that feezy "cheated" in the last match. In that time all 3 points were given to 1er. One or two days past when the 1er lost the points. I really want that Feezy gets unbanned. I dont know if its possible to do this. I only can hope.
And u Saphyro u were with me, soartex and bedo in the ts before. When I ragequitted the ts, everybody knew what I was going to do. I spoke with bedo before that Im not happy anymore in 1er.He knew that a long time before u guys knew it.
[close]
I won't enter into details for that one, as it's not the right place to do it, but I will just correct something. Your departure was a (bad) surprise for all of us, that is still not comprehensible. You are going through a hard time, you and I know it, but I would have never suspected you to leave us possibly at the worst moment possible, when we needed motivation and morale back after what happened to us on week 2. It's not respectful for me, the regiment, and for your work in the 1er to leave the regiment on week 2 and joining an opponent some days later.

I disagree with the rule change. It's the same situation we all faced last week. Everyone did agree on the rules at the start, and even if you find them bad or harsh, you still did agree to them. Even though we found it harsh, we had to submit ourselves to the cheating rule last week, and that's normal, as we did agree to play with that rule. It's the same case here. The player(s) who left their regiment (I can only name one for now, I am maybe wrong) knew that they couldn't participate anymore, they had to submit to that, and it surely made their choice harder.

I did agree with the course of actions the organizers used as I found it logical. But I can't understand that reasoning change, and I am against it. As soon as the organizers decided to stick to the original rules, even if they realized they were not appropriate afterwards (they in fact changed the cheating rule, but our punishment was the original one), they have to stick with all the other rules, whatever the cases may be. I have nothing against the players concerned, but it doesn't make sense at all.
The thing is I was struggling a long time to leave the 1er. Dokletian knows it and I talked about it with him in the past. I talked to you too but the things werent getting better with it. Maybe I need some distance to something what I dont know.

In the other way...yes I joined 4e, but I didnt thought about to play for them for the League. I still need that good training for the coming SNC. But when there is a chance to play in this tournament... why not? Just think about when I leave 1er and join Nr10 for reasons... nobody would be against it because, no offense to Nr10, they will not be in the Top 3. In the end I dont really care who are winning this Tournament. When its the 1er, yes I really want that u win the League, than Im very happy with that and Im very happy for u. Lets just see what the transferwindow is bringing up for the other regiments. There are other players who wants to play in other regiments.

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sharks always win wars!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [7thHuss]Cpt.Sharkie
« Reply #301 on: September 30, 2020, 08:23:10 pm »
How many other players? As of right now the only name mentioned is you Stom. Tbh, if the rule sticks you gotta give 1er the points back. Everyone was saying the rules will be stuck to. But a week later, you guys finally decide to change the rules as it suits some players. A player joining a regiment after leaving another in a league has a much higher effect on an outcome then health on a bloody scoreboard. Either make the rules work across the board, or change them. You gotta pick one or the other.
May the Shark be with you!

Offline Aless

• First Lieutenant
  • a
    • View Profile
    • que ?
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #302 on: September 30, 2020, 08:24:10 pm »
Whatever you have been having with the 1er, it would seem that you had your time to decide to leave or not before deciding to join on the tournament.
If you leave the regiment you are playing in because of a heavy discussion or whatever is the reason, and then you claim that you still need practice, then perhaps what you should have done it's just to finish the tournament in the team you initially signed in. You could have had a good experience out of it even, and if you didn't think you feel like you don't belong there.

I have nothing against you joining the 4e, but I don't see being allowed to play for another team when you have been playing for 2 weeks it's the correct way to proceed.
And if you were to choose another regiment I would see it as bad, it's not the fact of joining any especific regiment.

My point on this new rule it's just something unnecesary that put it planly, no one apart from the people benefiting from it would see as normal.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #303 on: September 30, 2020, 08:31:56 pm »
Spoiler
Rastignac right now

Nah, you got this all wrong, it's not like I consider him an evil mastermind getting away with his smooth machinations. I mean, after all the times I witnessed him trying to be sly, I still have to see him succeed in securing some real profit from it. Ever seen the Olsen Gang? That's more like it.

I trust what you said, Tardet, but indeed, even if it was our glorious colonel Ecofrance (R.I.P) to put forth this rule, I would disagree with it just as much. And if it was truly the whole administration team that jointly came out with this rule (which I have hard time to believe, having seen certain people who are part of said team express themselves very negatively about it) it's just as puzzling and begs a question: why create such uncalled for controversy right after authority of the rules was damaged in the previous incident with Feezy? Now we find ourselves in another situation where the hosts either step back under criticism or enforce something that a good number of players find outrageous, me among them. Lose-lose situation that didn't have to take place.

And sorry St0m, I have no reason to be happy about you being out of the league, but I'd rather have that than complete collapse of standards that make these competitions feel more interesting and special than just casual 1v1s.
[close]

I understand your point of view, honestly don't have that much to add without repeating myself and I can totally comprehend what you - and all the other people who have been raising similar concerns - mean. I share this feeling that no matter what final decision is taken in the end, it's always gonna be a loss-loss but I will let that up to the admin team to figure out what's the 'lesser evil'. The sources I have make me think that at least it was a common decision in the admin team - with a majority agreeing to the rule change - but I can't deny the fact Shadey, Tival and/or Lindblom are yet to make a comment about it doesn't exactly help to calm things down.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:34:48 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline St0m_GER

• Corporal
  • SCHÖÖÖÖN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 30, 2020, 08:52:55 pm »
How many other players? As of right now the only name mentioned is you Stom. Tbh, if the rule sticks you gotta give 1er the points back. Everyone was saying the rules will be stuck to. But a week later, you guys finally decide to change the rules as it suits some players. A player joining a regiment after leaving another in a league has a much higher effect on an outcome then health on a bloody scoreboard. Either make the rules work across the board, or change them. You gotta pick one or the other.
As Erik said 5 Players.

Offline St0m_GER

• Corporal
  • SCHÖÖÖÖN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2020, 08:57:40 pm »
Whatever you have been having with the 1er, it would seem that you had your time to decide to leave or not before deciding to join on the tournament.
If you leave the regiment you are playing in because of a heavy discussion or whatever is the reason, and then you claim that you still need practice, then perhaps what you should have done it's just to finish the tournament in the team you initially signed in. You could have had a good experience out of it even, and if you didn't think you feel like you don't belong there.

I have nothing against you joining the 4e, but I don't see being allowed to play for another team when you have been playing for 2 weeks it's the correct way to proceed.
And if you were to choose another regiment I would see it as bad, it's not the fact of joining any especific regiment.

My point on this new rule it's just something unnecesary that put it planly, no one apart from the people benefiting from it would see as normal.
So u want that I shoudl still play for the 1er in case that Im not motivated anymore and not happy to with them? They are great guys, but I feel uncomfortable in Events. So why should I still play for them? I only played the first two matches and u think I gonna join the 4e for winning this tournament? Nope. I already said my opinion why I joined them.
What would have been when I joined 8th? Then u wouldn't even blame against this new rule. U would said thats a nice idea to make matches more interesting. And maybe u will get some new guys too.

Offline Aless

• First Lieutenant
  • a
    • View Profile
    • que ?
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
« Reply #306 on: September 30, 2020, 09:03:40 pm »

So u want that I shoudl still play for the 1er in case that Im not motivated anymore and not happy to with them? They are great guys, but I feel uncomfortable in Events. So why should I still play for them? I only played the first two matches and u think I gonna join the 4e for winning this tournament? Nope. I already said my opinion why I joined them.
What would have been when I joined 8th? Then u wouldn't even blame against this new rule. U would said thats a nice idea to make matches more interesting. And maybe u will get some new guys too.

No, I highly disagree on letting other players that have been playing in already played matches join another team just because they feel they don't belong on them.
If you were in the 8th I would have not allowed you to play again even if this rule came out. It feels like cheating. It feels out of place. It doesn't feel like competition anymore.

Offline lindblom

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lindblom
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #307 on: September 30, 2020, 10:05:44 pm »
I agreed with the rule change and I believe it is just to all of the players who recently moved regiments. With only one addition, I don't think there will be any issue with people leaving on mass. From now on, I doubt there will be any more rule changes. Erik was not the only one behind this decision. I would just try to urge people to relax and everything is going to turn out fine. Focus on the games coming up. And for the idea that this was meant only for the 4e, that is not true. No offence but if St0m is the addition that the 4e will make then I doubt he will improve them by a lot as they are already favourites to win.

Offline TxM

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e|TxM
« Reply #308 on: September 30, 2020, 10:14:27 pm »

Offline Remao

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 30, 2020, 10:19:02 pm »

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #310 on: September 30, 2020, 10:22:21 pm »
What do we do when in 2 weeks time the people will dislike their new reg?  ::)

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #311 on: September 30, 2020, 10:28:52 pm »
Now that this is over, what will be next weeks controversy?  ???

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #312 on: September 30, 2020, 10:30:50 pm »
wait and see :p cav community will not disappoint!

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #313 on: September 30, 2020, 10:31:39 pm »
wait and see :p cav community will not disappoint!

CCL S1 all over again soon

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #314 on: September 30, 2020, 10:42:36 pm »

The children in Aless' basement