Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 32379 times)

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
Re: Discussion
« Reply #285 on: September 30, 2020, 04:47:45 pm »
?? where did I insult anyone ??
Is this really a question?

Don't waste your time Ciiges, more meaningful to go headbutt a wall.

As I said, I'm only looking at the facts and for the moment this rule has only been used for one player: St0m. And I doubt it will be used for others. (but I could be wrong)

I have to say that this rule change leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Were it an original rule for the tournament, then fine. The way that things have panned out however, whilst it does appear that the rule technically applies to all participants, it is primarily a boost to 4e. The rule change is so specific that it doesn't really feel fully transparent. 4e happen to be in a position to stand to gain one experienced player and then just like that, there is a transfer window of exactly one player per regiment? Too convenient. Whether or not there was the 'idea' of a window beforehands, the rapid materialisation of it once it is beneficial to one party just seems odd. I hold St0m and the 4e in high regards, but personally this rule does not feel agreeable, for whatever little my opinion in worth.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 04:49:17 pm by QuinnML »

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2020, 04:55:28 pm »
You left after we heard about Feezy thing but I couldn’t say if you were aware of it before doing so

Absolutely correct. You even mentioned in your message that it is unlucky FeezY lost us some points so how can you actually lie in front of all the people on fse ?

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2020, 04:56:49 pm »
It's all an evil plan of 4e! Incredible how naive you all are.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #288 on: September 30, 2020, 04:58:22 pm »
I wonder if there will be a matchweek without controversy  :'(

Offline St0m_GER

• Corporal
  • SCHÖÖÖÖN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2020, 04:59:59 pm »
You left after we heard about Feezy thing but I couldn’t say if you were aware of it before doing so

Absolutely correct. You even mentioned in your message that it is unlucky FeezY lost us some points so how can you actually lie in front of all the people on fse ?
I spoked with someone about my feelings on that day. When I was writing the text for u, I heard that feezy "cheated" in the last match. In that time all 3 points were given to 1er. One or two days past when the 1er lost the points. I really want that Feezy gets unbanned. I dont know if its possible to do this. I only can hope.

Offline St0m_GER

• Corporal
  • SCHÖÖÖÖN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2020, 05:03:31 pm »

I spoked with someone about my feelings on that day. When I was writing the text for u, I heard that feezy "cheated" in the last match. In that time all 3 points were given to 1er. One or two days past when the 1er lost the points. I really want that Feezy gets unbanned. I dont know if its possible to do this. I only can hope.
And u Saphyro u were with me, soartex and bedo in the ts before. When I ragequitted the ts, everybody knew what I was going to do. I spoke with bedo before that Im not happy anymore in 1er.He knew that a long time before u guys knew it.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #291 on: September 30, 2020, 05:03:53 pm »
I have to say that this rule change leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Were it an original rule for the tournament, then fine. The way that things have panned out however, whilst it does appear that the rule technically applies to all participants, it is primarily a boost to 4e. The rule change is so specific that it doesn't really feel fully transparent. 4e happen to be in a position to stand to gain one experienced player and then just like that, there is a transfer window of exactly one player per regiment? Too convenient. Whether or not there was the 'idea' of a window beforehands, the rapid materialisation of it once it is beneficial to one party just seems odd. I hold St0m and the 4e in high regards, but personally this rule does not feel agreeable, for whatever little my opinion in worth.

Aye mate, I understand where you are coming from and honestly, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I agree the timing doesn't help when it comes to transparency but at the very least does your comment highlight that it's not all a masterplan from the 4e and that even within our own regiment, we can have different opinions, just like in this community.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #292 on: September 30, 2020, 05:07:50 pm »

And u Saphyro u were with me, soartex and bedo in the ts before. When I ragequitted the ts, everybody knew what I was going to do. I spoke with bedo before that Im not happy anymore in 1er.He knew that a long time before u guys knew it.

I wont comment on this cuz I dont want to start a useless discussion about values neither do the people here need to read this, you hopefully know my opinion about you :)

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2020, 05:14:36 pm »
Im not surprised that cav is dead when looking at this thread

Not sure what "dead" means to you but i woudn't call this Community "dead" when there is a big discussion with many participants right in front of your eyes.

Offline Andros

• Sergeant
  • ka fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2020, 05:17:26 pm »

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2020, 05:18:15 pm »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2020, 05:25:42 pm »

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #297 on: September 30, 2020, 06:15:43 pm »
Rastignac right now

Nah, you got this all wrong, it's not like I consider him an evil mastermind getting away with his smooth machinations. I mean, after all the times I witnessed him trying to be sly, I still have to see him succeed in securing some real profit from it. Ever seen the Olsen Gang? That's more like it.

I trust what you said, Tardet, but indeed, even if it was our glorious colonel Ecofrance (R.I.P) to put forth this rule, I would disagree with it just as much. And if it was truly the whole administration team that jointly came out with this rule (which I have hard time to believe, having seen certain people who are part of said team express themselves very negatively about it) it's just as puzzling and begs a question: why create such uncalled for controversy right after authority of the rules was damaged in the previous incident with Feezy? Now we find ourselves in another situation where the hosts either step back under criticism or enforce something that a good number of players find outrageous, me among them. Lose-lose situation that didn't have to take place.

And sorry St0m, I have no reason to be happy about you being out of the league, but I'd rather have that than complete collapse of standards that make these competitions feel more interesting and special than just casual 1v1s.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 06:18:13 pm by Rastignac »

Offline DeLaBedoyère

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 30, 2020, 07:33:47 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
I won't enter into details for that one, as it's not the right place to do it, but I will just correct something. Your departure was a (bad) surprise for all of us, that is still not comprehensible. You are going through a hard time, you and I know it, but I would have never suspected you to leave us possibly at the worst moment possible, when we needed motivation and morale back after what happened to us on week 2. It's not respectful for me, the regiment, and for your work in the 1er to leave the regiment on week 2 and joining an opponent some days later.

I disagree with the rule change. It's the same situation we all faced last week. Everyone did agree on the rules at the start, and even if you find them bad or harsh, you still did agree to them. Even though we found it harsh, we had to submit ourselves to the cheating rule last week, and that's normal, as we did agree to play with that rule. It's the same case here. The player(s) who left their regiment (I can only name one for now, I am maybe wrong) knew that they couldn't participate anymore, they had to submit to that, and it surely made their choice harder.

I did agree with the course of actions the organizers used as I found it logical. But I can't understand that reasoning change, and I am against it. As soon as the organizers decided to stick to the original rules, even if they realized they were not appropriate afterwards (they in fact changed the cheating rule, but our punishment was the original one), they have to stick with all the other rules, whatever the cases may be. I have nothing against the players concerned, but it doesn't make sense at all.
bild.jpg

Offline St0m_GER

• Corporal
  • SCHÖÖÖÖN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 30, 2020, 07:51:33 pm »

I wont comment on this cuz I dont want to start a useless discussion about values neither do the people here need to read this, you hopefully know my opinion about you :)
sadly no :/