Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76764 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2019, 01:43:52 am »
Yeah so you can obviously buy a PCI Wireless Adapter for the Vive but tbh I wouldn't use it much if even at all as the space in my "den" isn't big enough for it.

So I have just left it at that.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2019, 03:12:55 am »
#ShamelessFlex

New Build I am about to hit buy, just checking the last few pieces, checking anymore fittings I need etc.
[close]

Will be my 2nd watercooled build. First one I had to redo the loop... twice but it was a learning curve.

Stuck with Thermaltake as they have some pretty good build kits and just tend to be reliable in general. Fans etc. I will be buying from a seperate website as I need static pressure ones with White LED's or RGB that doesn't cost £60+ from SCAN.

I am also about to grab some white PSU and SATA cables from CableMod (they finally have an EU store) which I will post lata.

So excited. Yet this is going to take me at least a whole day to build as I am still not used to watercooling yet. Its just nice to know as you grow older and moving further ahead at your job etc. you can afford to do crazy things like this.

SCAN, more like SCAM

Nice build though, you'll definitely get 144 fps on NW!

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2019, 04:19:42 am »
#ShamelessFlex

New Build I am about to hit buy, just checking the last few pieces, checking anymore fittings I need etc.
[close]

Will be my 2nd watercooled build. First one I had to redo the loop... twice but it was a learning curve.

Stuck with Thermaltake as they have some pretty good build kits and just tend to be reliable in general. Fans etc. I will be buying from a seperate website as I need static pressure ones with White LED's or RGB that doesn't cost £60+ from SCAN.

I am also about to grab some white PSU and SATA cables from CableMod (they finally have an EU store) which I will post lata.

So excited. Yet this is going to take me at least a whole day to build as I am still not used to watercooling yet. Its just nice to know as you grow older and moving further ahead at your job etc. you can afford to do crazy things like this.

SCAN, more like SCAM

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2019, 04:28:51 am »
Absolutely sick build. Although i would of personally have gone for Threadripper over 9900k, regardless still a monster. And the white theme will look sick. Also what GPU and case fans are you using? Also love the 1tb 970 evo its god tier.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2019, 04:59:09 am »
Look at that waste of money

MATT123456789

« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2019, 05:40:15 am »

lol brutal sanders

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2019, 03:24:31 pm »
SCAN, more like SCAM

Implying I play NW ::)

I always buy from SCAN. Not always the best prices, you can find better deals elsewhere but their customer support is always the best.

Absolutely sick build. Although i would of personally have gone for Threadripper over 9900k, regardless still a monster. And the white theme will look sick. Also what GPU and case fans are you using? Also love the 1tb 970 evo its god tier.
GPU is on the list, second from the bottom. I always buy the top end cards and just keep them for around 5 or more years. So I bought my 980 when it was brand new in December 2014, so 4+ years is a good investment for it. Should get longer out of the 2080ti. I also want to upgrade to 1440p gaming so.

Threadripper isn't optimised for gaming, it would be a complete waste of money. Also if you go look at the performance comparison for the Ryzen 7 2700x (Not threadripper but 8 cores, 16 threads), they have the same core count, but the 9900k always comes ahead in games that use multi-core support. Quality over quantity. Remember its not always about core count etc.. Do your research into what you will use it for then compare between products. Threadripper would be useless for anything that is not a workstation use (compared to something of the same pricepoint that intel sells)

I would like to restart the Stream at some point, so I will recycle my i7-4790k and use it to stream over NDI and maybe replace it with a Ryzen later.

Here's a good example, one of many I looked at:
Spoiler
[close]

Case fans, the View 71 comes with 3 White LED fans which will be enough. However, I haven't actually decided what fans to use for the Radiator, as you need Static Pressure Fans not Airflow fans (otherwise the air dicipates before it passes through the fins of the radiator)

lol brutal sanders
Pointing out I have too much money isn't brutal ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:27:09 pm by John Price »

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2019, 03:56:16 pm »
I've decided on 6 of these fans now for the radiator:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-ml140-pro-led-white-140mm-premium-magnetic-levitation-fan-fg-058-cs.html

Maglev fans do both airflow and static pressure. I only need 3 technically but I am tempted to do a pull-push config on the radiator to maximize the potential

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2019, 07:28:53 pm »
I've decided on 6 of these fans now for the radiator:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-ml140-pro-led-white-140mm-premium-magnetic-levitation-fan-fg-058-cs.html

Maglev fans do both airflow and static pressure. I only need 3 technically but I am tempted to do a pull-push config on the radiator to maximize the potential

I like the 9900k i am just a Ryzen fanboy now plus i personally feel Threadripper is more future proof and also has more potential overall. Also push/pull would be sick, please do it!

And 2080ti is crazy idk how i missed that at first lol. Awesome build.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2019, 08:12:28 pm »
#ShamelessFlex

[close]

all this needs is a vr kit  8)

VIVE Cosmos comes out soon!!! I NEED.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2019, 08:57:22 pm »
Its nothing to do with future proof tbh, its just literally that Threadripper is just useless in a gaming build :P

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2019, 09:40:35 pm »
@John Price
Tbh I'd get a cheap AM4 processor for now and wait for Zen 2. 9900k is atrocious value (But yeah Threadripper makes no sense for gaming). The watercooling at least solves the thermal problems with the chip to some degree.
Also from the "ethical" point of view buying 9th gen Intel just encourages them and justifies their pricing, even if you have enough money for it.
GL with it though, never had the money or balls to do custom watercooling myself.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2019, 02:54:59 am »
Me neither, but I bought Warranty for all the parts so even if I break it on instalation they will replace it (Part of Scan's Guaruntee, hence why I always use them lel)

I agree with you for the Zen 2 Part, however to be honest with you I am just not that bothered I guess. I set my sights on the i9 and unless something really screams at me I'm not gonna bother.

Also I put a Ryzen 1800x in my Brothers PC and had a ton of teething issues (was expected as it was still new-ish) so I just said fuck it. But you are right its not great bang for buck at the moment.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 29, 2019, 04:19:07 am »
#50FpsSquad

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 29, 2019, 05:43:52 pm »
I cant wait for Zen2!!! So happy that the new cpus will work on am4 boards still so i wont need to upgrade mobo for it! I plan to use my 2200G for a super budget build once i upgrade to the newest and best zen2 cpu when they release in a few months. :D