Author Topic: 23rd Election - May-Jul 2021 Candidates and Discussion  (Read 11937 times)

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
click here to join the 84th

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
Re: 23rd Election - May-Jul 2021 Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2021, 11:27:02 pm »
Name: Janne
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes I understand
Why should you become CR?:
I have been a long standing member of this community, as such I have the chance to play and talk with with the majority of the prominent community members. My familiarity with the community through its history, I feel gives me a very good grasp of the community's desires as a whole.

My moral and ethical values I believe would make me a good fit for CR. People turn a blind eye to prejudices and hateful behavior too often in this community, which can be extremely damaging. Especially when trying to nurture a positive environment for new community members. I do not believe in safe spaces as a concept, and have no intention of trying to accomplish anything of the sort. But when members of our community act in such a harmful manner, I vouch to set things straight so that these forums can be as welcoming as possible.

I have the dedication and commitment to take the role of CR seriously. The CR is supposed to be the face of the community, they are meant to listen to the player base and represent them. As such I will do my due diligence when handling community matters, and always go the extra mile for the betterment of the community.

My ability to get along with pretty much anyone, I believe will be essential to being the Community Representative. It doesn't matter how much I like or dislike someone, or how much I agree or disagree with them. I am still able to get on with them, and be amicable towards them despite our differences. This skill I believe is essential to represent the community in a fair manner.

What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?
I plan to promote more forum interaction with the casual player base, I believe the more casual players making their voice heard the better. The casual side of the game holds the fast majority of the players. If they can be introduced to forum usage I believe they will be more inclined to integrate themselves with the community, thereby enriching the player base.

I also plan on taking a more active approach on listening to the community. I plan to set up more avenues for the community to vent their frustrations or spread their ideas directly to the CR. I will strive to connect the player base and the community organisers closer together.

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2021, 11:39:00 pm »
janne is my man-ayy!

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2021, 12:03:21 am »
Can I -1 for Pieter or is there only positive voting?

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2021, 01:21:18 am »
I want to say that I have stopped playing Mount & Blade: Warband's Napoleonic Wars DLC but I will return if Janne becomes the European Community Representative! He knows what's right for the people!

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2021, 01:23:34 am »
I want to say that I have stopped playing Mount & Blade: Warband's Napoleonic Wars DLC but I will return if Janne becomes the European Community Representative! He knows what's right for the people!

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2021, 01:39:10 am »
Hello Nero, please put more effort into losing in MMA Pick'ems
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Ultra Leaf

• Sergeant Major
  • NW official administrator/ Bad Speller
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/Opr_Ultra_Leaf
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2021, 04:04:06 am »
Name: Leaf
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: Im great for the Community
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Hosting a linebattle, Doing my Annual Cav tournament

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2021, 04:15:46 am »
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Hosting a linebattle, Doing my Annual Cav tournament
Leaf Leaf Leaf Leaf
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2021, 05:25:21 am »
Leaf Leaf Leaf Leaf

Offline Tomppa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2021, 08:22:58 am »
Name: Pieter
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Aye Captain.

I have been around for a very long time and know this community extremely well with all its players both on the FSE forums and outside of it.
I am very objective focussed to get the best result possible, for example I have hosted in the past the EIC a tournament which till this date still is being hosted, granted I have not been part of the admin team ever since the first season but the foundations for that tournament which me and Price made are the core of 1v1 rules now a days.
Lately I have shifted my focus on bringing this community something more then just NW with its linebattles, GF's, 1v1's etc. for these events are our very foundation but many of our regimental communities have become so much more then just regiments existing for NW.
I started hosting a modded event every monday at 8 PM, as something to bring a majority of big regiments together that otherwise would face each other in these heated competitions and other events, as something to relax with and bound with one and other.
Together with Price and Tardet I have also been working hard to make a concept for a NW E-Sport and I am very positive that if anyone is going to pull it off it will be us, which will be a major game changer for how NW is going to look like in the future.

To put it short I will try my hardest for all the dedicated competitive players to achieve the competitive game you all have dreamed about, whilst also ensure that the players who play this game on a casual base will have their fun events be it modded events or something outside this game entirely.

*qeue the pirates of the Caribbean*

Let me be your captain as I sail us to glory, plunder and booty lads.
Spoiler
[close]

- I will continue my work with my fellow mates Price and Tardet towards achieving NW E-Sport
- Make sure that the casual players in our community have a place among us, it being in modded and other fun events both in and outside warband, etc.
- A helping hand for anyone who needs it, anything related to regiments, tournaments, communities and more.
- Encourage the competitive scene to keep on doing what we do best, by organising/helping out new and existing tournaments, so we can keep on giving each other the challenges in melee and leading that we as competitive players seek.
- Getting Tardet a proper camera so he can be even more sexy on the stream with Price and myself
- Protecting those who need it from Fietta
Spoiler
[close]

- Last but not least grow my biceps to 22 inches so I can be the papa biceps of the NW community.

And yes I know the last few statements were a bit more banter related, but we need to be serious but also have the occassional banter now and then.

This was your captain speaking over and out.  8)

Finally a worthy applicant, the rest of you can step aside and accept a forfeit rather than a humiliating defeat.
''Fucking bunglers'' - President Kekkonen to the Finnish ministery

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2021, 09:31:27 am »
Name: Janne
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes I understand
I have been a long standing member of this community, as such I have the chance to play and talk with with the majority of the prominent community members. My familiarity with the community through its history, I feel gives me a very good grasp of the community's desires as a whole.

My moral and ethical values I believe would make me a good fit for CR. People turn a blind eye to prejudices and hateful behavior too often in this community, which can be extremely damaging. Especially when trying to nurture a positive environment for new community members. I do not believe in safe spaces as a concept, and have no intention of trying to accomplish anything of the sort. But when members of our community act in such a harmful manner, I vouch to set things straight so that these forums can be as welcoming as possible.

I have the dedication and commitment to take the role of CR seriously. The CR is supposed to be the face of the community, they are meant to listen to the player base and represent them. As such I will do my due diligence when handling community matters, and always go the extra mile for the betterment of the community.

My ability to get along with pretty much anyone, I believe will be essential to being the Community Representative. It doesn't matter how much I like or dislike someone, or how much I agree or disagree with them. I am still able to get on with them, and be amicable towards them despite our differences. This skill I believe is essential to represent the community in a fair manner.

I plan to promote more forum interaction with the casual player base, I believe the more casual players making their voice heard the better. The casual side of the game holds the fast majority of the players. If they can be introduced to forum usage I believe they will be more inclined to integrate themselves with the community, thereby enriching the player base.

I also plan on taking a more active approach on listening to the community. I plan to set up more avenues for the community to vent their frustrations or spread their ideas directly to the CR. I will strive to connect the player base and the community organisers closer together.

A banger - vote for him

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2021, 10:50:27 am »