Poll

Does your group use Teamspeak or Discord for Voice/Event Communications?

Teamspeak
5 (33.3%)
Discord
4 (26.7%)
Both for Text and Voice.
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: March 20, 2021, 11:03:41 pm

Author Topic: Teamspeak or Discord for Voice/Event Communications?  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th Maine Commander
  • Side: Union
Teamspeak or Discord for Voice/Event Communications?
« on: March 17, 2021, 11:03:41 pm »
Kind of Curious.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Teamspeak or Discord for Voice/Event Communications?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 02:37:00 am »
idk, these days the teamspeak is for events, while the discord is more for fun and outside of "offical regiment stuff". I don't really have a real favorite just will keep using teamspeak for events. Atleast for my reg when we tried discord it seemed to crap out more then ts.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 01:19:28 am »
As much as I’d love to use teamspeak, all the zoomers use discord nowadays, back in nw whole recruits would not join cause we weren’t a discord reg and it pissed me tf off but I have no choice

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 02:45:55 am »
As much as I’d love to use teamspeak, all the zoomers use discord nowadays, back in nw whole recruits would not join cause we weren’t a discord reg and it pissed me tf off but I have no choice

This

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 03:42:41 am »
idk, these days the teamspeak is for events, while the discord is more for fun and outside of "offical regiment stuff". I don't really have a real favorite just will keep using teamspeak for events. Atleast for my reg when we tried discord it seemed to crap out more then ts.

Pretty much this, I actually like Discord to interact with my regiment outside of events. We don't like to clutter up a steam group chat, so a Discord is definitely perfect to talk outside of events. It allows for me to interact with my own regiment when I'm not at my PC, and friends from other regiments that want to chill with us.

However, I prefer Teamspeak for Voice, something about having more than 10 people in a Discord channel is pretty aids. If you want to maximize your attendance, Discord is probably the way to go as Stryker mentioned, people get turned away from joining your regiment because they just don't want to download Teamspeak. Despite this, it's a pretty good indicator on who actually would be dedicated to your regiment if they choose to take the time and download Teamspeak.
click here to join the 84th

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 01:25:55 am »

Pretty much this, I actually like Discord to interact with my regiment outside of events. We don't like to clutter up a steam group chat, so a Discord is definitely perfect to talk outside of events. It allows for me to interact with my own regiment when I'm not at my PC, and friends from other regiments that want to chill with us.

However, I prefer Teamspeak for Voice, something about having more than 10 people in a Discord channel is pretty aids. If you want to maximize your attendance, Discord is probably the way to go as Stryker mentioned, people get turned away from joining your regiment because they just don't want to download Teamspeak. Despite this, it's a pretty good indicator on who actually would be dedicated to your regiment if they choose to take the time and download Teamspeak.

Interesting Perspective. :D

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 01:27:18 am »
Discord for the homies 8)
TS for the reggies 8)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 06:55:02 am »

🧱
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 07:20:01 am »
Teamspeak is better than discord in talk

Offline Sellsword_Pedro

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 09:59:00 am »
Teamspeak is better to talk in every single way...

- Private servers (discord servers are always down)
- More indept permissions system
- Poking, whispers etc
- Sub channels

The way I see it Discord is more like a social media that is used to text chat with the friends feature and pinging feature that are vastly superior to ts3 text features.

That being said I have always prefered voice chat over text chat so I also prefer ts3.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:14:13 pm by Sellsword_Pedro »

Offline Hess

• Captain
  • 83rdPA, 4eme, 8e, 2ndNYSM
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hess
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 03:49:12 pm »
I have always liked TeamSpeak way better for its permissions system, it's more in-depth and allows for more complex permissions. I have been using TeamSpeak since I first joined this game, and I honestly don't think I will change. As someone said earlier, having more than 10 people in discord is really aids as I lead a Holdfast regiment for about 1-2 months. If you are looking for voice quality and a fleshed-out permissions system with icons and ranks, TeamSpeak is the way to go, if you are looking for more recruits or have a smaller community, Discord is a must. For my regiment in NW, I use my discord as a community/steam group type of thing where I send announcements while we do events in our TeamSpeak.

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 07:13:00 pm »
I have always liked TeamSpeak way better for its permissions system, it's more in-depth and allows for more complex permissions. I have been using TeamSpeak since I first joined this game, and I honestly don't think I will change. As someone said earlier, having more than 10 people in discord is really aids as I lead a Holdfast regiment for about 1-2 months. If you are looking for voice quality and a fleshed-out permissions system with icons and ranks, TeamSpeak is the way to go, if you are looking for more recruits or have a smaller community, Discord is a must. For my regiment in NW, I use my discord as a community/steam group type of thing where I send announcements while we do events in our TeamSpeak.

Agreed! Thanks for the input. :D