Author Topic: 21st Election - Oct-Dec Candidates and Discussion  (Read 6170 times)

Offline Ultra Leaf

• Sergeant Major
  • NW official administrator/ Bad Speller
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/Opr_Ultra_Leaf
  • Side: Union
Re: 21st Election - Oct-Dec Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2020, 10:59:51 pm »
I have questions for the NA candidates. Please answer so I can decide who to vote for.

Leaf
Name: Leaf
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: yes
Why should you become CR?: I go to every NW event and im a offical admin that helps the Community when in need
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? I will help comment on all Mod Boards and give them my feedback for the game. In the works of hosting a Cav 2v2 Tournament for the Community
[close]
A large portion of NA FSE is filled with Comp players. How will you manage to connect with them and what will your strat be for accomplishing the impossible task of keeping them happy?

Moraine
Name: Lady Moraine
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: My belief is the CR should be the helper of the community, help events, help new ideas prosper and keeping the status quo.  If I am elected CR I would support the current event hosters in Casual as well as supporting new and the still on going competitive events.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?
I will commit to helping event hosters casual and compeitive anyway I can, either admining or giving general advice with rules, or keeping down the drama and unnecessary cancer that sometimes plagues our community. I will also commit to help regulating the forums and helping out people anyway possible. I know I may be a controversial person but I regard that in the past, I have given this game a lot of time and want to see it go on as long as it can.

Thank you for reading have a nice day. :)
[close]
Being CR comes with a lot of criticism, both constructive and not, will you be able to keep your emotions in check when things start getting hairy? Also, I haven't seen you in-game much recently, will this change if you are elected?

Jolly
Name: TheJollyCanadian
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: I have been CR four terms already, and I am the current NA CR. I believe I've done a good job at supporting and informing the community and I will continue to do as much. I am currently hosting a shortened 1v1 leauge in a different format to encourage smaller & non comp regiments to join which it did with moderate success.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Help maintain the community where I can(continue to support & encourage event hosters). Supporting and participating in competitive and casual events, and support those who attempt to host.
[close]
With Public events getting arguably much worse in the past few months(while you have been CR), how will you bring life back to these normie events? Will you even try?
I Will be the Bridge between the comp players and the casual player base and being an offical administrator that still plays the game still I Will be there voice of reason. As for the comp side of NW. I will do my best to keep the intrest of the com player base in mind because they are large part of the community. And Thanks to them This great game is still alive to this day.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 11:04:49 pm »
I have questions for the NA candidates. Please answer so I can decide who to vote for.

Leaf
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: yes
Why should you become CR?: I go to every NW event and im a offical admin that helps the Community when in need
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? I will help comment on all Mod Boards and give them my feedback for the game. In the works of hosting a Cav 2v2 Tournament for the Community
[close]
A large portion of NA FSE is filled with Comp players. How will you manage to connect with them and what will your strat be for accomplishing the impossible task of keeping them happy?

Moraine
Why should you become CR?: My belief is the CR should be the helper of the community, help events, help new ideas prosper and keeping the status quo.  If I am elected CR I would support the current event hosters in Casual as well as supporting new and the still on going competitive events.
I will commit to helping event hosters casual and compeitive anyway I can, either admining or giving general advice with rules, or keeping down the drama and unnecessary cancer that sometimes plagues our community. I will also commit to help regulating the forums and helping out people anyway possible. I know I may be a controversial person but I regard that in the past, I have given this game a lot of time and want to see it go on as long as it can.

[close]
Being CR comes with a lot of criticism, both constructive and not, will you be able to keep your emotions in check when things start getting hairy? Also, I haven't seen you in-game much recently, will this change if you are elected?

Jolly
Why should you become CR?: I have been CR four terms already, and I am the current NA CR. I believe I've done a good job at supporting and informing the community and I will continue to do as much. I am currently hosting a shortened 1v1 leauge in a different format to encourage smaller & non comp regiments to join which it did with moderate success.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Help maintain the community where I can(continue to support & encourage event hosters). Supporting and participating in competitive and casual events, and support those who attempt to host.
[close]
With Public events getting arguably much worse in the past few months(while you have been CR), how will you bring life back to these normie events? Will you even try?
I Will be the Bridge between the comp players and the casual player base and being an offical administrator that still plays the game still I Will be there voice of reason. As for the comp side of NW. I will do my best to keep the intrest of the com player base in mind because they are large part of the community. And Thanks to them This great game is still alive to this day.

Per what Leaf told me, his keyboard is half broken hence the weird typing

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 11:31:11 pm »

Jolly
[close]
Honestly best questions I've seen for CR.

The public events are tricky and always have been, personally I am not always available to host/admin full time for them although I try to admin when I can. The events mainly come down to who hosts, the admins, the regiments that attend, & the server used.  Xethos is our guy for event servers, I honestly think his has been the best as it can be for NW, it's stable at 150+ pop with only a 10-20 ping increase depending on the person. The regiments have been acting fairly well, we've had issues with 24th(dealt with) & some minor ones but nothing crippling(I can do more indepth on my thoughts if you really want). The admins are mostly the same across the board, usually a regiment leader has admin maybe some others, I believe it's up to the hoster to dedicate certain people to be spec admins(I offered some BBG admins to do it but they eventually lost interest, like most do). Rules are mostly the same, some have taken a stronger stance on not allowing slurs which is a great thing and hopefully events get a little less toxic due to some individuals. Hosters for the most part have been good, the IX have given the monday slot back to the 2ndhan & they've had a good track record with hosting.

I've given my thoughts & ideas to event hosters, in larger meetings and in personal messages about only allowing one spec per regiment to give all regiments a chance, the idea of having a week long cool down so you'd have to wait 1 event before getting another spec was tossed around. Ultimately I can only give my ideas, I cannot and won't ever try to force someone to change their event because I think I'm right. I'll obviously keep supporting them where I can by having my own regiment attend, if they ever need help with anything & I may start spec admining a couple events a week again when possible.

5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
click here to join the 84th

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2020, 12:39:07 am »
The events mainly come down to who hosts, the admins, the regiments that attend, & the server used. [...] The admins are mostly the same across the board, usually a regiment leader has admin maybe some others, I believe it's up to the hoster to dedicate certain people to be spec admins(I offered some BBG admins to do it but they eventually lost interest, like most do).

Event hosts decide the admins on HM's server. I occasionally offer unsolicited input on the whitelists, but it's ultimately the host's decision. Usually ends up being the same people being nobody else bothers to ask for it.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 01:55:22 am »
The events mainly come down to who hosts, the admins, the regiments that attend, & the server used. [...] The admins are mostly the same across the board, usually a regiment leader has admin maybe some others, I believe it's up to the hoster to dedicate certain people to be spec admins(I offered some BBG admins to do it but they eventually lost interest, like most do).

Event hosts decide the admins on HM's server. I occasionally offer unsolicited input on the whitelists, but it's ultimately the host's decision. Usually ends up being the same people being nobody else bothers to ask for it.
Exactly, I don't believe I should control public or comp events, let the hosted do their thing and if they need help, help them. But that's my view of CR. Everyone has a different idea of what a CR should be.

I believe it should be a supporting role not a controlling one.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 02:59:49 am »
Jolly Canadian should be executed
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 03:07:01 am »
Name: Scottish Unicorn

EU or NA?: EU

Why should you become CR?:

Although I've never been a CR before, I've done similar roles in different communities and as such I believe I have the experience necessary to represent the community that (for the most part) I enjoy being a part of. To me, the CR isn't a captain of the ship barking orders, it’s the helmsman. He is there to guide the boat through the water, no matter how risky or choppy it may be. This is what I would be, someone who steers the community towards the right place but doesn't take over and make it about them. It’s not for the benefit of me, but NW.

Being in the 92nd, I've interacted with other regimental leaders when I've been administrating and running 2 successful line battles a week. Through these events I've been supporting, although a small number compared to the larger community, numerous regiments in the event whether it be contacting them to gauge interest, negotiating specials or even smoothing over conflict. These are all transferable skills that would easily transfer over to the CR role and would only add to my forte.

Although competitive events are arguably the most popular, with NWBC hitting 1500 unique sign-ups, we run the risk of a burnout in not only the player base but also regiments if there are too many regimental tournaments. I would guide regimental leaders towards an agreed tournament calendar which would allow these regimental tournaments to be as hugely successful as they currently are without a burn out. Note the word guide, this wouldn't be me making demands or expecting me to be the loudest voice in the room, more an open discussion where everyone from any regiment would be welcome to the discussion and make their point. Each person's point would not only be accepted, but respected and valued. This would have a knock on effect on casual events where they would be able to take off and flourish breathing life back into the casual scene not it becoming filler until the next competitive event.

To be optimistic, I would pursue trying to stamp out some of the more extreme versions of toxicity. I don't mean "ha-ha you came third" or "my regiment better than your regiment". This is competitive talk. I mean toxicity in regards to racism. I know that for the most part on the forums, racism isn't tolerated. However, on servers and in actual events it’s a different world. I know that in order to completely eradicate it, there would need to be a complete overhaul of the whole community. I'm not promising this. What I mean is that players who are known to use slurs such as the N-word should not be welcome in our community. The default answer shouldn't be "Its NW, it’s always going to be like this".

Generally, I would aim to be someone who can be supportive at all times to everyone across the board. Somebody that may not have the answers to all the questions but can guide you towards someone with the correct expertise as I believe a CR should do, support the community. Whether it’s trying to get a new tournament off the ground, a new event or somebody needs a little bit of guidance; I would strive to support them. Again, generally, I would obviously try to be the first port of call for any issues in the forums and be that middle ground between the community and the Mod team. Some may see this application and think "who is this new-gen trying to tell me what to do?" Admittedly, I've not been in the community for the longest amount of time. However, I would argue that this is strength. With 99.9% of this community, I have only interacted with in a positive manner meaning that I wouldn't be bringing any bias, whether known or unknown, and each person and regiment would ever only be treated kindly and fairly.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2020, 03:18:44 am »
Interesting commitments as CR there! Not sure where I have seen them before...
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2020, 03:47:35 am »
A challenger approaches. Good luck!

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2020, 07:00:34 am »
My admining track record since 2014  for public events would be able to help other event hosters, but I have to agree with Jolly the CR shouldn't run the events more so help and guide them when they are having difficulties. To answer Pickel, I'm more than capable of taking criticism I'm the biggest judge of myself and try to hold myself to a high standard. Being in the Comp community I grew a thick skin and am in pretty good terms with everyone remaining.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2020, 09:03:08 am »
Interesting and smart questions pickle. I’m not sure who to vote for now.

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2020, 04:31:12 am »
Name: Chantakey
Why should you become CR?: I will make FSE great again, for far too long these forums have seen discrimination and failure of its forum economy. I and plenty of professionals call myself the greatest CR candidate of all time. I have a 3 step plan to bring these forums back into greatness.
Step 1.
Build a wal, it will be the greatest wall one that rivals even trumps wall between us and the illegal double accounters, some say im the greatest wall builder in all of NW, who wish to enter our forum illegally. These illegal accounts take our time, post and chances to quote pyramid

Step 2.
Rebuild the competitive community, with a dead game such as this the no life virgins who still play are all that's left. My plan to rebuild the competitive community is to get rid of the toxic, racist, cist white males such as; Yoshie, Risk, JollyTheCanadian, and Bluenose

Step 3.
Bring back the level of shit post and rivalry that there once were, before the forums died there was a great amount of rivalries and shit posting that kept this forum alive. The ban machine Duuring ruined the great rivalries and shitpost that once united this forum in shit talk.

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2020, 05:46:39 am »
Name: Chantakey
Why should you become CR?: I will make FSE great again, for far too long these forums have seen discrimination and failure of its forum economy. I and plenty of professionals call myself the greatest CR candidate of all time. I have a 3 step plan to bring these forums back into greatness.
Step 1.
Build a wal, it will be the greatest wall one that rivals even trumps wall between us and the illegal double accounters, some say im the greatest wall builder in all of NW, who wish to enter our forum illegally. These illegal accounts take our time, post and chances to quote pyramid

Step 2.
Rebuild the competitive community, with a dead game such as this the no life virgins who still play are all that's left. My plan to rebuild the competitive community is to get rid of the toxic, racist, cist white males such as; Yoshie, Risk, JollyTheCanadian, and Bluenose

Step 3.
Bring back the level of shit post and rivalry that there once were, before the forums died there was a great amount of rivalries and shit posting that kept this forum alive. The ban machine Duuring ruined the great rivalries and shitpost that once united this forum in shit talk.
you got me on step 3

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2020, 05:50:32 am »

Leaf
[close]

Moraine

[close]

Jolly
[close]
I fear you misunderstand the relationship with casuals and comp players... I myself have no problem with casuals but there are certain regs/members of this community that can't stand the casual part of this community and vice versa. Also in my opinion most of the interest in comp is from the players/hosts not so much one person motivating them.

*also really good questions pickle
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 05:53:00 am by Kristine »