Author Topic: Iron Brigade "of the West" *Admins read before removing regiments involved*  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Regiments:
2nd Wisconsin Infantry Regiment
6th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment
7th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment
19th Indiana Infantry Regiment
24th Michigan Infantry Regiment

For Admins: Me and my friends intend on making a brigade basically on the historically accurate Iron Brigade. I have reserved the names of the historical regiments involved for this usage. Please contact me on FSE or steam before removing anything or if you have any questions as I believe I am within my rights to do this.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:47:03 am by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Syncmaster667

• First Lieutenant
  • 77y/77th Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • 77th Regiment Website
  • Nick: 77y/77th_1stLt_Sync
  • Side: Confederacy
You must have alot of friends to be able to form 5 regiments
Also 2nd Wisconsin Infantry Regiment has already been claimed unless im guessing you have spoken to them already?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:35:51 am by Syncmaster667 »

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
1 man per regiment Sync duh

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
Also 2nd Wisconsin Infantry Regiment has already been claimed unless im guessing you have spoken to them already?

2nd Wisconsin is claimed for EU, I believe Gluk has claimed it for NA.

Offline JoseyWales

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Best of luck :D

Offline Ben H. Phillips

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Good Luck Making the Wonderful Iron Brigade i might join and be a recruit when Battle cry of freedom releases

Offline CaseliusFIN

• First Lieutenant
  • Getting shot is my forte
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndWI_Cpt_W_Parsons

We haven't been contacted on this matter.

It will be odd with two 2nd Wisconsins around, although different timezones. There would have been much more Wisconsin and other regiments to pick around but I won't judge.

Good luck anyways.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 10:06:57 am by CaseliusFIN »
Company Commander. 2nd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry.
NW veteran & ARMA 3 modder

Offline Roldan the Fourth [FireI]

• Volunteer
    • View Profile

It will be odd with two 2nd Wisconsins around, although different timezones. There would have been much more Wisconsin and other regiments to pick around but I won't judge.

Good luck anyways.

7th Wisconsin is taken by me already mate :).

Offline Ben H. Phillips

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Good luck anyways.

i dont see a thread from ya to have it reserved tho so its not official

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile

Good luck anyways.
I specifically picked the regiments that were historically in the Iron Brigade, 2nd Wisconsin being one of them. I hope that this isn't a problem for you having an NA counterpart.

Good luck anyways.

I'm pretty sure that the devs wiped all claims late 2018 or something so any claim you had before no longer applies. As awful as that sounds :( I really am sorry. I really wasn't trying to purposefully take anybody's name claims or anything, I just wanted to take the historical regiments of the Iron Brigade and I checked to make sure that every name wasn't already taken by someone, only one that was is the 2nd Wis which is EU, but I'm NA so I'm hoping that won't be a problem. I'm willing to talk with you about it over steam. https://steamcommunity.com/id/MitchTheWalrus/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:49:57 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
I wrote a constitution for the brigade, looking for harsh criticism.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qp_eBiiBcdKP8Qyl_4xP5uX_dWSdfN3nPrPN2khOZ6s/edit?usp=sharing

Constitution of the Iron Brigade

All regiments are to be considered equal in the Brigade
Every regiment will be given five regimental representatives. Three of which are to be the First, Second, and Third in command respectively, the other two are to be determined by vote of the enlisted and NCOs, method of the elections are determined by the regiments respectively.
Re-election for this position happens every two months or whenever one resigns.
A regiment may not regularly have an imbalance of Officer/NCO to enlisted. The balance must at minimum be 1/3rd officer/NCO to 2/3rd enlisted.
The Brigade is to have an election every three months for the position of Brigadier General, Comptroller, and General-Secretary.
Valid candidates may only be regimental representatives.
Elections are held in 2 parts. The primary elections whereby each regiment holds an election internally to decide their candidate of choice (these primaries may include members of other regiments but is up to the regiment leader’s discretion.) Afterward is the general election, whereby remaining candidates are listed from most to least favorite. The final winner is determined by the Alternative Voting method (see here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE)
The Brigadier General is allowed to appoint two aide-de-camps. The brigadier general is also no longer considered a member of any regiment and as such MUST act independently of the regiments.
The Brigadier General does NOT get a vote at Representative Assembly meetings but may call meetings at any time.
The Brigadier General is allowed to veto any measure by the Representative Assembly unless overturned by a 3/5th vote. The Brigadier General may only hold the office consecutively twice. If he wishes to run again, he must take a one turn interim before running again. The role of the Brigadier General is to maintain the events and promote the wellness of the Brigade, as well as expanding its numbers and adding new regiments. He is also allowed to play the General unit in game and to SUGGEST courses of actions for each regiment.
Comptroller is responsible for the collection of donations and funds from the regiment, as well as paying for anything necessary for the brigade. Comptrollers have no restriction on the number of times they can run. The Comptroller is allowed to call Representative Assembly meetings and gets an honorary vote in the Representative Assembly. Comptroller may appoint a Vice-Comptroller (same as aide-de-camp) to assist if need be.
The General-Secretary is responsible for taking notes of all Representative Assembly meetings as well as managing all brigade elections including his own. The General-Secretary can only maintain the position for a maximum of one year or four terms, does not have to be consecutive. The General-Secretary is considered second in command and first executive officer and acts as acting Brigadier General when the General is inactive for meetings or events. The General Secretary may also call Representative Assembly meetings and is granted an honorary vote. The General-Secretary may appoint two Assistant Secretaries (same as aide-de-camp)
Representative Assembly meetings are required to happen a MINIMUM of once a month.
Changes to the constitution can only be made by 2/3rd majority of the Representative Assembly.
 All regimental leaders in the Brigade may only hold the rank of Lt.Col unless they have previously served as Brigadier General, currently are acting as General-Secretary/Comptroller, or have been granted the right with a simple majority vote to be given the honorary rank of Colonel.
New regiments to the brigade can only be approved by a 3/5th vote by the Representative Assembly.
 Brigadier General, General Secretary, Comptroller, and all aide-de-camps are considered General Staff.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 06:39:00 am by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
I gave up after the second point.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
Bruh

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
Only cucks swipe 5 of the most famous regiments from the civil war, not only that but regiments that were reserved and people not knowing the board was wiped clean.

But then again, I know alot about disbanding and I can already smell this shitstain being disbanded a month after the games release.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 04:09:25 pm by Andee »
xD

Offline Lawrence

• Major
  • 1ere Cadet | Former Founder of 3rd East Kent (NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lawrence
This is stretching it a bit Gluk. I havent seen any of your "friends reserve their threads". If you have all these people forming this brigade they should be reserving their regiment threads, not you reserving 5 of them. Ballsy thing to do. Lets see how long it lasts.