Author Topic: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion  (Read 17224 times)

|Viper|

Re: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »
The reason people don’t sign up for duel tournaments anymore or tournaments in general really is because it’s the same winners all the time. MATT always wins the duel tournaments... and then you have the stacked LG team sweeping every group fighting tournament, so you need to space out the players so it’s fair for everyone.
that was the purpose  of the 4v4 draft random 2v2 etc but yea fair point
Yeah, I think we just need more.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2019, 06:22:30 pm »
The reason people don’t sign up for duel tournaments anymore or tournaments in general really is because it’s the same winners all the time. MATT always wins the duel tournaments... and then you have the stacked LG team sweeping every groupfighting tournament, so you need to space out the players so it’s fair for everyone. I think you guys could try some drafting tournaments possibly like Rex is in his upcoming 5v5 but it’s really stupid to play the same stacked team over and over.
You're spot on. I'd like to do a large tournament with multiple tiers. only thing is we'd need 50+ players and time to organize it which I think is very possible. but yeah we do need more variety
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2019, 07:11:48 pm »
Tbh the 4v4 draft league was fair until every team(including the top teams) got a chance to pick a good player then it really became unbalanced.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2019, 07:36:23 pm »
Tbh the 4v4 draft league was fair until every team(including the top teams) got a chance to pick a good player then it really became unbalanced.
That was the first time running it and we did learned a bunch I think we've figured out all of the issues for the 2nd season
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

|Viper|

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2019, 07:39:30 pm »
That was the first time running it and we did learned a bunch I think we've figured out all of the issues for the 2nd season
When do you plan on hosting the 2nd season?

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2019, 08:06:46 pm »
great 3 more months with a god damn Canadian in charge

btw gluk running on entitlement won’t win you anything, nobody gives a shit I promise!!
If I was actually running on entitlement, don't you think I would've mentioned it in the other elections? It was an offhand comment that was kind of a meme/an example of something I actually helped do for the community and look at how long it's lasted.

Vote for me or not, but my point is that throughout the years I have done CONSTANT advocacy for this community and that is something that you cannot deny. I apologize that the intention of my words never seems to carry with what's actually written.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:10:17 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2019, 08:11:37 pm »
When do you plan on hosting the 2nd season?
We haven't fully talked about it yet but personally I'd like to do it in the fall season instead of waiting a whole year to start again.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2019, 08:15:07 pm »
I've said for years that people need to stop letting the 63e into their events, put them on a fucking island by themselves. I've said that the 15thHvB is a horrible first entry point for new players. I've said that NA 1 needs to come back and I tried doing work for that. I have tried to my best ability throughout the years to get new players in and keep them here as long as possible, I've essentially been doing the work that was initially envisioned for this role but year after year we get CRs who just want more tournaments and that's not the point of this role... That's why I don't want another comp player to be CR.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2019, 08:24:05 pm »
I've said for years that people need to stop letting the 63e into their events, put them on a fucking island by themselves. I've said that the 15thHvB is a horrible first entry point for new players. I've said that NA 1 needs to come back and I tried doing work for that. I have tried to my best ability throughout the years to get new players in and keep them here as long as possible, I've essentially been doing the work that was initially envisioned for this role but year after year we get CRs who just want more tournaments and that's not the point of this role... That's why I don't want another comp player to be CR.
So what exactly are you going to do differently from what you’re doing now with the CR “power”?
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2019, 08:24:34 pm »
Bot Survival has been a new entry for NAs the past 3-4 years now. I see where you are coming from about the CR only doing meee tournaments but what needs to be done in the casual scene? The events are ran fine & nobody has been bringing up new event ideas besides LG recently so why care much about it? They legit don’t need any help with anything and seem to run on their own just fine.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2019, 08:27:07 pm »
Tournaments aren't the main focus of myself or Godfreid. Instead they are a tool that we will be using to gain more players in the FSE community as a whole. Not only will tournaments be hosted but also custom events that are new, more enjoyable and stay away from the more traditional Linebattle/siege events currently in place. Yes comp is a large part of FSE currently but being able to have comp players attend public events/community events(not refering to linebattles) and the casual public side joining in on competitive events aswell and also using FSE or at the very least reading FSE(I encourage regiment leaders to teach their members how to use FSE) to strengthen the community and to make the huge gap that is between the comp and the casual side of NW. Currently I am one of the few in charge of the BBG community who controls many public servers that have 50-100+ players on at a time. we have an active discord with 1057 current members (around 200-400 of them are semi active within the servers) I will be using this platform to host events and to have a direct form of communication with them. which we've done in the past with pubs vs HRE, pubs vs comp players. with turn outs of around 100+ pubs who'd do it again.

It's not all about comp players and tournaments but it's about using these tools to keep the interest in the game for all players at every skill level. This isn't something that one person can do and being CR won't give you a magic tool to have full control over the outcome of certain situations. If we're gonna keep the community alive and popular we do in the end have to work together as a community instead of pointing fingers at each other.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:29:32 pm by JollyCanadian »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2019, 08:39:10 pm »
Tournaments aren't the main focus of myself or Godfreid. Instead they are a tool that we will be using to gain more players in the FSE community as a whole. Not only will tournaments be hosted but also custom events that are new, more enjoyable and stay away from the more traditional Linebattle/siege events currently in place. Yes comp is a large part of FSE currently but being able to have comp players attend public events/community events(not refering to linebattles) and the casual public side joining in on competitive events aswell and also using FSE or at the very least reading FSE(I encourage regiment leaders to teach their members how to use FSE) to strengthen the community and to make the huge gap that is between the comp and the casual side of NW. Currently I am one of the few in charge of the BBG community who controls many public servers that have 50-100+ players on at a time. we have an active discord with 1057 current members (around 200-400 of them are semi active within the servers) I will be using this platform to host events and to have a direct form of communication with them. which we've done in the past with pubs vs HRE, pubs vs comp players. with turn outs of around 100+ pubs who'd do it again.

It's not all about comp players and tournaments but it's about using these tools to keep the interest in the game for all players at every skill level. This isn't something that one person can do and being CR won't give you a magic tool to have full control over the outcome of certain situations. If we're gonna keep the community alive and popular we do in the end have to work together as a community instead of pointing fingers at each other.
Lol Jolly, I'm well aware of you. That's why I said I'd be fine with you as CR.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2019, 08:42:58 pm »
I'm withdrawing and putting my support behind Jolly. I'm already too annoyed at people lying to me... not like i'd win anyways.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2019, 09:06:53 pm »
Name: Lady Alicia Moraine
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: My experience with administrative work and organizing which I feel is imperative for anyone who holds the CR Role. I'm much more known in casual and the competitive community. I've run events and tournaments in both and am fairly active on the forums which also will need to be moderated. I believe i'm the best candidate due to my perseverance and my never give up attitude.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term: Reorganizing and promoting Casual events which of recent have seen a drop in standards and adminship due to 2ndhan departure. My second would be to focus on the competitive community I've been considering doing a Regimental Groupfighting League but may scale it down to a 5v5 league or even maybe 8v8 both to give competitive the jump it needs to be more active and something for the competitive people to be excited about. Also keeping BOB's supremacy of the groupfighting servers would also be one of my priority's.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:21:36 pm by Forgotfulking »

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2019, 09:21:26 pm »
Name: Lady Alicia Moraine
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: My experience with administrative work and organizing which I feel is imperative for anyone who holds the CR Role. I'm much more known in casual and the competitive community. I've run events and tournaments in both and am fairly active on the forums which also will need to be moderated. I believe i'm the best candidate due to my perseverance and my never give up attitude.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term: Reorganizing and promoting Casual events which of recent have seen a drop in standards and adminship due to 2ndhan departure. My second would be to focus on the competitive community I've been considering doing a Regimental Groupfighting League but may scale it down to a 5v5 league or even maybe 8v8 both to give competitive the jump it needs to be more active and something for the competitive people to be excited about.
*Player 3 has entered your channel*