Author Topic: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion  (Read 17208 times)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2019, 05:02:52 am »
This might very well be lost in the above argument related to Gluck and Godfried's candidacies but just pointing that I genuinely appreciate Blaze's admission of not being the most active and knowledgeable community player but still intending to make his best effort on keeping an eye on competitive matters and getting involved with the relevant people. Imo that's a risky move to make when you know that any influent 'competitive' player could make an application and get a large part of the competitive community behind him, which also represents a large part of the people being active on the forums and therefore voting for that election.

The last EU CR was one of the pillars of the NW competitive scene and that it's very unlikely we'll get someone as competent when it comes to competitive matters. It's also worth remembering that the competitive community is rather self-sustainable and that a CR has no real way to stop the most detrimental effect for its health, aka losing players/leaders over the years who do not get replaced. A CR has to be capable of taking care of both communities and while the competitive community might be more demanding in term of 'time' because its members are used to certain standards regarding events, tournaments, regiments and teams, it's not necessarily the one which might be in need of help & new projects the most.

I know Blaze doesn't look like the most obvious candidate, didn't look like one for me at first glance either - especially due to low forum activity as of late - but for the reasons mentioned above I believe he is at least worth being considered for what he is capable to bring.

At the current state of the community especially, it's important to see the bigger picture and not be driven by egotistical reasonings. So long as they don't join the 19th and get disgusted of the competitive side, players starting the game or joining a new regiment now in a casual environment could very well turn out to be great competitive players later on once they grow a desire to push things further and discover another aspect of NW. If they try out competitive now, most won't make it past day 2.

I don't know who Blaze is but I think it would be great to have someone who is willing to bring together the community more and introduce casual and semi-comp players into more of the competitive community. As a heavily competitive based player I think it's a shame that it is in such a bubble of players and it's really hard for a new player or someone who is even quite skilled at the game to get any kind of foothold in the competitive community as i've been through myself and i'm sure others have too. Due to the toxic environment and the ego that surrounds it.

FSE is the only place where you can properly host tournaments and it acts as as the key gateway to the administration of the community so it's important who ever is the CR understands that. I would apply myself but I feel like it's unnecessary as Herishey who is now a junior moderator is very good at organising and helping out with the competitive side and is still very active after all these years, all I would say is that if Blaze or other people who are more in tuned with the casual side want to involve themselves more they should be at the least considerate of the competitive community and the current conventions we have when it comes to tournaments, groupfighting and etc.

I've seen a couple of competitive tournaments being hosted recently namely the "lion tournament" hosted by Tim and the NW championship hosted by Ewoksson both of which from mine and other competitive players opinions have had some odd rules and weird organising and both have not been too tolerant of competitive players signing up namely by grouping us all in one bracket or changing the rules so we can't sign up and etc. I would ask that the new CR would advise newer and more casual oriented players to actually head into the competitive tournament sections and get themselves involved more rather than just hosting some random competitive tournament or just ignoring us completely. I understand it's difficult since how far ahead the competitve scene is in terms of 'skill' but there are still players who make it through 'new gens' and some people are missing out because it's a lot of fun once you are into it. Just my two cents. So there are loads of options which we could take to help widen the competitive scene to all who play the game.

Good luck to all who run.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:12:26 am by Golden. »

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2019, 06:26:15 am »
In my opinion, I feel like CR needs to be more connected with regimental leaders.  Look at me for example.  I never even knew of the community representative position till earlier this spring, and I've been in this game since 2013.  I asked one of my old leaders from 2016/2017 if he even knew about the position back then, and he told me he didn't (This was the 79thCH, which could nearly get 40 people in their biggest events).  Of course, during this election I pretty much know every candidate who's running on the NA side to some degree, but some regimental leaders don't always get the luxuries of having connections.  When it comes down to it, regimental leaders represent the every day people who play this game.  It doesn't matter how big or small the regiment is, it still has the people that keep this community alive.  The members of regiments have their opinions, and they relay that to the regimental leader.  Want an example?  If members of a regiment don't want to go to an event, the regimental leader will choose not to go to that event.  Depending on circumstance, this could affect the given event, and in turn could affect the part of the community that goes to that event (I'm essentially saying a scenario like this could potentially break events for the community).  In conclusion, my argument is that CR's need to spend a good amount of time connecting with reg leaders to help the community.  The way that the CR connects to those reg leaders is up to the CR, but it is still something that I feel like should be focused on during this election.

suns

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2019, 06:52:30 am »
what is every candidates plan to 'stimulate competitive/casual' ive only seen jolly really respond in depth with it +1

i guess attending casual events like the average comp player is a point to boost credibility lol ok

I ran a casual event back in 2013 (thread is somewhere in the depths of taleworlds), and helped run a few others back then as well.

uh are you lying or something dude

for one the using search function on taleworlds i can't find the thread you speak of (search function doesn't lie, used keyword "Godfreid" maybe need something else please give)

but two your taleworlds account post history

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=270509

you have four posts and none of which are OP or host of a casual event (unless you used a separate account for taleworlds then show us otherwise it looks like you made it up)

your forum rank is even "Recruit" which denotes you are not very active on their forum either to point that out (but you've had the account for years)

though you did sign up your reg at the time (Nr48, thread made for it too) for a casual event all i can see.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:11:03 am by suns »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2019, 07:41:25 am »
what is every candidates plan to 'stimulate competitive/casual' ive only seen jolly really respond in depth with it +1

i guess attending casual events like the average comp player is a point to boost credibility lol ok

I ran a casual event back in 2013 (thread is somewhere in the depths of taleworlds), and helped run a few others back then as well.

uh are you lying or something dude

for one the using search function on taleworlds i can't find the thread you speak of (search function doesn't lie, used keyword "Godfreid" maybe need something else please give)

but two your taleworlds account post history

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=270509

you have four posts and none of which are OP or host of a casual event (unless you used a separate account for taleworlds then show us otherwise it looks like you made it up)

your forum rank is even "Recruit" which denotes you are not very active on their forum either to point that out (but you've had the account for years)

though you did sign up your reg at the time (Nr48, thread made for it too) for a casual event all i can see.

Yeah dude, I'm totally lying, you caught me. Good catch super sleuth.

No, I just misremembered which forum it was hosted on.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=4308.msg137199#msg137199

https://gyazo.com/753308e8cb4900446610ec101f68e324

It was called Requiem Gaming Linebattles. Held on on Mondays and Wednesdays. Hotfire posted the thread for it, then disappeared for a while so I had to run it cause it was a 98e run event.

and I also helped out with the Life Gaming event though that was primarily by David and MiddleN.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:52:50 am by Stroke0fd34th »

suns

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2019, 07:49:58 am »
can we have more na tournies like the eus upcoming cr

what is every candidates plan to 'stimulate competitive/casual'

|Viper|

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2019, 08:03:49 am »

Yeah, would be nice to do some tournaments again.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2019, 09:00:40 am »

I don't really want to type out the entirety of my plan. I typed out part of it and it took me almost 30 minutes.

But yes, to answer your question, I plan to host some tournaments, and import some tournaments from the EU's (like protect the king, and the sword + bayonet tournaments). I also plan to bring back a refined version of my All-Star tournament and host a new league/event type which should appeal very well to both competitive and casual communities. But I don't want to go into too much detail on that because it would take a while and it's still a WIP.

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2019, 09:38:44 am »
This might very well be lost in the above argument related to Gluck and Godfried's candidacies but just pointing that I genuinely appreciate Blaze's admission of not being the most active and knowledgeable community player but still intending to make his best effort on keeping an eye on competitive matters and getting involved with the relevant people. Imo that's a risky move to make when you know that any influent 'competitive' player could make an application and get a large part of the competitive community behind him, which also represents a large part of the people being active on the forums and therefore voting for that election.

Good luck to the rest of the EU and NA candidates and thank you for the support I am receiving I do fully admit my recent activity hasn't been the best, and that my knowledge in the competitive scene is a little "stale" however I feel like previously this role has been the main focus for the competitive community (which is a large proportion of the forums/community) to get a voice and be able to develop the competitive scene, but I feel as if the community has forgotten that there still are regiments that play casually and play the game for fun, as mentioned before a competitive playstyle almost always tends to follow with toxic behaviour, as someone who use to be involved in the competitive scene this is something I witnessed a lot, although my main focus is going to be on the overall community, I am not completely dismissing the idea of what the competitive community wants, as I stated in my application because I haven't been in the competitive scene for a while putting it all down to me on hosting tournaments and passing through what the competitive scene want is going to be a challenge, however it is going to be less of a challenge if I gain the cooperation of the competitive community to bring ideas forward, discuss those ideas and see if we would be able to expand that into something bigger.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:41:35 am by Blaze »
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2019, 11:29:03 am »
*snip*
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 11:36:35 am by Steinmann »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2019, 01:01:18 pm »
Man just go away Gluk
Glad we have 2 competent CR candidates in Godfriend and Jolly. It’ll be a hard choice but both would be excellent

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2019, 04:08:26 pm »
Man just go away Gluk
Glad we have 2 competent CR candidates in Godfriend and Jolly. It’ll be a hard choice but both would be excellent
+1  Godfreid and I are gonna work together no matter the out come of this election. We both have ideas for tournaments and different way of achieving our similar goals. I don't see a point of making this a hostile election if it doesn't have to be.
Like I said in an earlier post I want to do something similar to the EUs by having a group of people willing to host tournaments under the same name so they may be hosted on a regular basis while not excluding anyone from hosting their own tournaments.

An update on my own tournaments. The tierd duel tournament will be put on hold at the moment. At first it was because I couldn't find a day I was free but also the NA side doesn't have a real interest in duel tournaments so I hope to do other tournament types or semi comp fun events (capture the flag and I want to try and do regicide(If anyone has any ideas please contact me about this one))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 04:30:22 pm by JollyCanadian »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2019, 05:31:31 pm »
great 3 more months with a god damn Canadian in charge

btw gluk running on entitlement won’t win you anything, nobody gives a shit I promise!!

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2019, 05:39:50 pm »
great 3 more months with a god damn Canadian in charge
Canadian's rise up
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

|Viper|

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2019, 05:47:36 pm »
The reason people don’t sign up for duel tournaments anymore or tournaments in general really is because it’s the same winners all the time. MATT always wins the duel tournaments... and then you have the stacked LG team sweeping every groupfighting tournament, so you need to space out the players so it’s fair for everyone. I think you guys could try some drafting tournaments possibly like Rex is in his upcoming 5v5 but it’s really stupid to play the same stacked teams over and over.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 06:23:59 pm by VetroG »

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2019, 05:49:01 pm »
The reason people don’t sign up for duel tournaments anymore or tournaments in general really is because it’s the same winners all the time. MATT always wins the duel tournaments... and then you have the stacked LG team sweeping every group fighting tournament, so you need to space out the players so it’s fair for everyone.
that was the purpose  of the 4v4 draft random 2v2 etc but yea fair point