Author Topic: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion  (Read 17213 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Re: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2019, 12:42:48 am »
I second this. A CR coming from the LG, the epitome of "comp only people", wouldn't help the community at all. Jolly for president. "Make BotSurvival Great Again." Jolly supports bringing more kpop to NA regiments, so he's the obvious choice.

Wew. Yes, my many years in the LG bubble has conditioned me to think only about comp. I live, eat, breath and dream of comp. It is my obsession. Thank you for raising this concern.

Most of the people on this forum are comp players, and what I've been saying for YEARS is that comp is only half of this community. The comp side has a tendency to keep with their own, semi-comp and casual regs tend to have a harder time gettin in with the people who run/attend comp events, like you. The problem with comp is that it doesn't draw too many new players to the game, casual does. As silly as this sounds, we STILL, in 2019 are getting new players to the community. What keeps these people around mostly is casual, not comp. What we need is to boost casual attendance, we need Paradox to put NW on sale again (if that's even possible), and we need to hold out long enough until BCoF comes out and then FINALLY we can put this community to rest.

Even tho godfreid is most likely going to win, I think he's too ingrained in the comp community to really even do anything with casual save for having his reg attend one once or twice a week.

I feel like this is a silly attempt to paint me as someone who lives in a comp bubble and doesn't know anything beyond that.

I have a pretty extensive plan for how I'm going to "Promote/Stimulate competitive and public events, and continue to encourage crossover between the two", beyond "Hey guys, let's do a casual event once or twice a week! That'll be enough". Because, I'm not an idiot.

I want to make this game as much fun as I can for both competitive and casual players. I have time, I have a plan, and I want something more for the community as a whole than waiting for fucking BCoF or Bannerlord to kill us.
Honestly I will defend Godfreid cause he isn't some comp fool and it's pretty lame that gluk comes back for a few months and attacks godfreid like that with nothing to back up his statement.
I was literally about to post an endorsement of you :'(

It's not that I have nothing to back it up. I'm good friends with midnight who runs several casual events and he said that he's never seen Godfreid in a casual event. I haven't gone recently, but only because we're focused on NANWL.

Gluk, I just wouldn't say "fuck off" to a mod and have a poor attitude with them, not a great start since you will be working with them as CR.
How do you think I became friends with duuring?

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 12:44:13 am »
My criticism of Godfreid aside, I still think Jolly would make for a good CR and I hope he feels the same with me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:47:23 am by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2019, 12:45:58 am »
My criticism of Godfreid aside, I still think Jolly would make for a good mod and I hope he feels the same with me.
I don't fully understand what you mean that this
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2019, 12:47:34 am »
My criticism of Godfreid aside, I still think Jolly would make for a good mod and I hope he feels the same with me.
CR not mod sorry

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2019, 12:50:04 am »
CR not mod sorry
If you're asking if I think you'd be a good CR I would say you wouldn't be. Currently your attitude has been negative and very agressive towards everyone since your mod app for NANWL you haven't been the most positive and I think that sort of negativity wouldn't help anyone. That and currently the communities view of you isn't very good from what I've heard and experienced.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2019, 12:50:25 am »
I second this. A CR coming from the LG, the epitome of "comp only people", wouldn't help the community at all. Jolly for president. "Make BotSurvival Great Again." Jolly supports bringing more kpop to NA regiments, so he's the obvious choice.

Wew. Yes, my many years in the LG bubble has conditioned me to think only about comp. I live, eat, breath and dream of comp. It is my obsession. Thank you for raising this concern.

Most of the people on this forum are comp players, and what I've been saying for YEARS is that comp is only half of this community. The comp side has a tendency to keep with their own, semi-comp and casual regs tend to have a harder time gettin in with the people who run/attend comp events, like you. The problem with comp is that it doesn't draw too many new players to the game, casual does. As silly as this sounds, we STILL, in 2019 are getting new players to the community. What keeps these people around mostly is casual, not comp. What we need is to boost casual attendance, we need Paradox to put NW on sale again (if that's even possible), and we need to hold out long enough until BCoF comes out and then FINALLY we can put this community to rest.

Even tho godfreid is most likely going to win, I think he's too ingrained in the comp community to really even do anything with casual save for having his reg attend one once or twice a week.

I feel like this is a silly attempt to paint me as someone who lives in a comp bubble and doesn't know anything beyond that.

I have a pretty extensive plan for how I'm going to "Promote/Stimulate competitive and public events, and continue to encourage crossover between the two", beyond "Hey guys, let's do a casual event once or twice a week! That'll be enough". Because, I'm not an idiot.

I want to make this game as much fun as I can for both competitive and casual players. I have time, I have a plan, and I want something more for the community as a whole than waiting for fucking BCoF or Bannerlord to kill us.
Honestly I will defend Godfreid cause he isn't some comp fool and it's pretty lame that gluk comes back for a few months and attacks godfreid like that with nothing to back up his statement.
I was literally about to post an endorsement of you :'(

It's not that I have nothing to back it up. I'm good friends with midnight who runs several casual events and he said that he's never seen Godfreid in a casual event. I haven't gone recently, but only because we're focused on NANWL.

Gluk, I just wouldn't say "fuck off" to a mod and have a poor attitude with them, not a great start since you will be working with them as CR.

I've been to multiple casual events with 1aSvea, 13thFL, even went to a casual event with 6te not too long ago (can ask Raf. We were arty, I merced for a groupfight vs IB right after it). On top of that I brought 3eVolt back briefly to do a casual event. Forgot I also attended a casual event with RSL like a week ago too.

So not only do you not have anything to back that up, you made your entire post based on false information.

Noice.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:52:34 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2019, 12:51:19 am »

Don't know what you are trying to say. If you are implying you that you were an asshole to durring and became friends, you really think that works for everyone? lol. Or if you mean just because you were friends with an old mod doesn't mean you can assume all of them like you already or will, especially when you started that conversation off with Thunder like that.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2019, 12:52:33 am »
I'd also like to add that just because you were involved with the creation of something doesn't mean you are deserving of that position. Entitlement won't get you anywhere and will only have a negative impact on your image.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2019, 01:03:16 am »
I think you're all completely misinterpreting what I've been saying. I'm not trying to attack godfreid, I'm trying to bring up that I think he's too ingrained in the comp community and we haven't seen him do much with casual, his list of casual events isn't very long and more importantly he's never RAN a casual event, which isn't a negative against you exactly, many haven't, but It's more on the point that you're too comp focused. Maybe that could be totally different when you're CR, but from you're history you haven't been and I think in terms of keeping the community alive, comp isn't super important but casual is. I'd like the CR to be someone from casual or semi-comp. It wasn't a personal attack or anything and it wasn't unfounded, I just think that that is important.

I'd also like to add that just because you were involved with the creation of something doesn't mean you are deserving of that position. Entitlement won't get you anywhere and will only have a negative impact on your image.
Sure, if I brought it up the last dozen times I've ran. I never brought it up before because of this reason. I'm not saying that I deserve the position because of it, I'm simply proving that I act on behalf of the community, regardless of whether or not I'm CR and the creation of CR is an example of that.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2019, 01:06:14 am »
Spoiler
[close]
Sure, if I brought it up the last dozen times I've ran. I never brought it up before because of this reason. I'm not saying that I deserve the position because of it, I'm simply proving that I act on behalf of the community, regardless of whether or not I'm CR and the creation of CR is an example of that.
I get that but it also makes no difference in your run. We're all here to act on behalf of the community otherwise we wouldn't run for CR. There is very little personal gain from it unless we do a good job and further our own positions in the community.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2019, 01:10:10 am »

Don't know what you are trying to say. If you are implying you that you were an asshole to durring and became friends, you really think that works for everyone? lol. Or if you mean just because you were friends with an old mod doesn't mean you can assume all of them like you already or will, especially when you started that conversation off with Thunder like that.
I wasn't seriously trying to insult thunderstormer, I was just saying that because he's trying to call me a liar which isn't appreciated.

Spoiler
[close]
I get that but it also makes no difference in your run. We're all here to act on behalf of the community otherwise we wouldn't run for CR. There is very little personal gain from it unless we do a good job and further our own positions in the community.
yes and I was showing an example of how I helped the community.

Currently your attitude has been negative and very agressive towards everyone since your mod app for NANWL you haven't been the most positive and I think that sort of negativity wouldn't help anyone. That and currently the communities view of you isn't very good from what I've heard and experienced.
Side Note for the Memes:
Ya'll should know by now that I'm an aspie and I can't talk to people online without them always thinking that I'm being an asshole to them. None of that is on purpose. It's always the people who know me, know that I'm a cool dude, but everyone who only knows me off the forums thinks that I'm an asshole. I've never had a falling out with someone in this community with people who I actually talked to on a regular basis. My DMs are always open to everyone loves.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:23:07 am by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2019, 01:21:16 am »
I think you're all completely misinterpreting what I've been saying. I'm not trying to attack godfreid, I'm trying to bring up that I think he's too ingrained in the comp community and we haven't seen him do much with casual, his list of casual events isn't very long and more importantly he's never RAN a casual event, which isn't a negative against you exactly, many haven't, but It's more on the point that you're too comp focused. Maybe that could be totally different when you're CR, but from you're history you haven't been and I think in terms of keeping the community alive, comp isn't super important but casual is. I'd like the CR to be someone from casual or semi-comp. It wasn't a personal attack or anything and it wasn't unfounded, I just think that that is important.

Actually, this isn't remotely true, and don't speak on my "history" like you know it.

I ran a casual event back in 2013 (thread is somewhere in the depths of taleworlds), and helped run a few others back then as well.

2012-mid 2014 I did nothing but casual events with the occasional 1v1. 2015-2017 I did a mixture of casual and competitive, I only took a hard stop on casual events during 2018, but have resumed attending them in 2019 when I can.

This is why I mentioned I've been in the community for a long time, because I have, and I have a lot of experience to bring with me, both competitive and casual.

You not knowing what I've done in casual doesn't equate to me not doing anything in casual, much like Midnight having not seen me at casual events doesn't mean I haven't been to them

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2019, 01:29:22 am »
The point is, regardless of what you used to do, you're comp focused right now and that's a problem. Basically started in casual but progressively become more into comp. Your list of recent events isn't really enough to change my mind that you're a comp player at heart, which isn't a bad thing... I'm just afraid that you'd be too focused on comp stuff.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2019, 01:31:40 am »
Tbh Gluk you were gone for a while and came back sometime this year. Why should we have a CR that isn’t active in the community. Windflower has barely played the game since PSG died but at least he talks to the community every now and then to check up on it & stay somewhat in touch. The casual scene doesn’t need much fixing since people still go to the same boring events every week without much complaints & the people who run the events got rid of the people/regiments who we’re corrupting the events recently (last month or 2).

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2019, 01:40:45 am »
The point is, regardless of what you used to do, you're comp focused right now and that's a problem. Basically started in casual but progressively become more into comp. Your list of recent events isn't really enough to change my mind that you're a comp player at heart.

No, the point is you're laughably unqualified to speak on me, and you have nothing to back up the statements you keep making.

Like you saying I'm comp focused right now...based on what? My regular mercing for casual events when I can? My bringing 3eVolt back together for a casual event? You don't talk to me on a regular basis, you have NO IDEA where my focus lies, none. You're  just throwing out a statement you think sounds right and will stick.

I've even probably been to more casual events recently than you have.

I don't care even a little bit about changing your mind, what I care about is not letting myself get misrepresented by someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.