Author Topic: How good will linebattles be?  (Read 9508 times)

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: How good will linebattles be?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 04:15:48 pm »
Are you kidding? It was 19th century already, they used muskets for a reason.
Pro tip
Musket was better than a crossbow.
[close]
The actual problem of NW is not musket accuracy, which is only slighlty better than it actually was, but the reload speed, which is nearly 3 times faster than in real life.

Not like they're going to fix the inaccuracy in BCoF anyway.  :-\
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline Stark99

• Major
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/groups/allagainst63econspiracy#
  • Nick: [3DM] Stark [79th]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 07:25:19 pm »
Pro tip
[close]
The actual problem of NW is not musket accuracy, which is only slighlty better than it actually was, but the reload speed, which is nearly 3 times faster than in real life.

No one wants to wait 3 minutes to reload. After all it's a game
Stark. For being a supporter of the IRA I will not permit you to take part in any forum games I GM.
DOWN WITH DUURING

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 07:28:58 pm »
Pro tip
[close]

No one wants to wait 3 minutes to reload. After all it's a game

Muskets from the Napoleonic Wars didn't even take a minute to reload, and it will most likely be less time during the civil war. I think about 30 seconds but I'm no expert in ACW firearms. But after all, these are supposed to be historically accurate games and if you don't like them you have to play them. What's the point of having a civil war game with a reload time of 5 seconds? xD

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 08:46:15 pm »
I'm pretty sure reloading a NW musket would take around 30 secs, while on the civil war it'd be like 20-25 secs, given that you are quite an experienced soldier. So it's not very long and can easily be compensated by accuracy. At least in the civil war, where a good soldier was expected to shoot an enemy from 400 yards (around 360 meters, I suppose) with his Springfield. So in fact BCoF could possibly be really cool to play if they used historically accurate weapon stats.

Have you guys ever played N&S? In this mod, reloading is more than 2 times faster than it was in RL, but the accuracy is really bad (even worse than it was in RL) So you end up shooting 5 bullets per minute, non of which hits the target. I'd rather prefer to shoot 2-3 bullets within a minute, but with a slight possibility to get someone ;-)
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
In reenactement, my most experienced comrades are reloading in 20 seconds which is close to what did elite troops considering we can read that they succeed to fire 3 volleys per minute

Offline Gamer666

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 05:39:33 pm »
Well, I think it'll be easy...

Why is this your first post?

Why? Is it illegal? xD

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 07:42:39 pm »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th Maine Commander
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 03:13:46 am »
I'm pretty sure reloading a NW musket would take around 30 secs, while on the civil war it'd be like 20-25 secs, given that you are quite an experienced soldier. So it's not very long and can easily be compensated by accuracy. At least in the civil war, where a good soldier was expected to shoot an enemy from 400 yards (around 360 meters, I suppose) with his Springfield. So in fact BCoF could possibly be really cool to play if they used historically accurate weapon stats.

Have you guys ever played N&S? In this mod, reloading is more than 2 times faster than it was in RL, but the accuracy is really bad (even worse than it was in RL) So you end up shooting 5 bullets per minute, non of which hits the target. I'd rather prefer to shoot 2-3 bullets within a minute, but with a slight possibility to get someone ;-)

Efficient Regiments would reload 3 times a minute, Averaging around 15-20 seconds to reload.

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 10:51:06 pm »
So ik all the realism cronys are going to hate it, but you can't have complete realism and have a completely playable game. Even games such as Tarkov have to take some realism out of the game to better balance it. If you have people just laying down cross map shots then the game is not going to be as fun. But if you have 30 second reloads, the game will also be pretty boring as it will become a game of shoot once and charge. (I don't mind that so much as long as a 10 man regiment doesn't fire a volley killing 10). You have to find a good median in the gameplay and realism and I believe fse has done pretty well with that in NW so I believe they will do it here as well.

Well, I think it'll be easy...

Why is this your first post?

Why? Is it illegal? xD

It's illegal. By forum law.

Windflower I will eat you if you hurt the little youngling

Offline Commodore Greaves

• Private
  • 45thN forever. Get involved
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_KGrd_Greaves
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2021, 06:46:57 pm »
Meh whilst they will probably be great and perhaps better than nw. skirmishers are going to be a horrible nuisance now that they will have better and more accurate muskets.